PDA

View Full Version : Is this another "Spotlight" game?

northernbillfan
10-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Is this another game where the spotlight shines too bright on the Buffalo Bills?

We all know what happens to our beloved Bills when the spotlight is on them. Last year with Drews return to NE, and the game where NE came to B-lo. This years Miami game on prime time Tee Vee.

Now that this is a match up of Spikes vs his old team, I wonder if the spotlight is shining too bright on the Bills.

Will we lose focus and crumble? The Bengals are no longer considered a "bye" team, and shouldn't be tyaken lightly.

stuckincincy
10-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Is this another game where the spotlight shines too bright on the Buffalo Bills?

We all know what happens to our beloved Bills when the spotlight is on them. Last year with Drews return to NE, and the game where NE came to B-lo. This years Miami game on prime time Tee Vee.

Now that this is a match up of Spikes vs his old team, I wonder if the spotlight is shining too bright on the Bills.

Will we lose focus and crumble? The Bengals are no longer considered a "bye" team, and shouldn't be tyaken lightly.

Good point...good insight.

Novacane
10-02-2003, 03:24 PM
The Bengals are no longer considered a "bye" team, and shouldn't be tyaken lightly.

After last week I don't think they will take the Bengals lightly. If they do and lose this week, the calling for Greeggs head ain't nothing compared to whats commin:music:

HenryRules
10-02-2003, 03:49 PM
I thought the opener against NE was a spotlight game and the Bills did pretty well.

Both games last year against Miami were spotlight games and the team did well also.

I think the spotlight thing is a hangover from the losses in the Super Bowls and not anything to really worry about - we lost to NE last year bc they were the better team IMO, not because of the spotlight (coaching and personnel included in the team).

G. Host
10-02-2003, 07:01 PM
This is like week 1 and week 2 where players (Bledsoe & Malloy, Shaw) got to give back to their old team. This time it is Spikes' turn which is good for Bills since in Week 1 & 2 we won.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2003, 07:34 PM
IWill we lose focus and crumble? The Bengals are no longer considered a "bye" team, and shouldn't be tyaken lightly.

I don't think we'll 'tyake' them lightly, especially considering the way that we've played the last two weeks.:D

We NEED the next two games to be ready for the crunch we're facing after that....

The_Philster
10-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
I don't think we'll 'tyake' them lightly, especially considering the way that we've played the last two weeks.:D

After our embarassment against the Fish on National TV, I wouldn't have expected the team to play flat like they did against the Eagles...but they did.

socalfan
10-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
This is like week 1 and week 2 where players (Bledsoe & Malloy, Shaw) got to give back to their old team. This time it is Spikes' turn which is good for Bills since in Week 1 & 2 we won.

Only problem I see ... if Spikes on leaving left sound bites for the coach to post, then the Bengals could come out roaring.

What gets the Bills motivated in this one? It isn't like Bilichick that thought he could dump a pro-bowl player because he could beat the Bills without Malloy.

NoRing4U
10-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Yeah, let Takeo rant and rave about he's gonna MAKE IT HOT :up: