PDA

View Full Version : Solution for the Bills woes....

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 06:31 PM
1. Trade Bledsoe. he clearly is not the QB to take us to the SuperBowl. Now I can see why the Patises got rid of him. He has no heart.

2. Bench Sam Adams. He is a liability at this stage of his career, especially in the second half. His fat ass was on the bench when we needed him most; when the dolphins were stuffing Ricky down our throats. We will have to find a replacement in the offseason because there's no immediate solution.

3.trade Antoine Winfield while others think he's good. WInfield had a good showing against the Dolphins. The only problem is all he can do is tackle. He got burned several times by bigger, more physical receivers in the past 2 games.
A sucker like Jim Haslett or somebody might give us a high round pick for him out of desperation.

4. And of course, get rid of the head coach. I think the reasons are clear. But I would keep him til the end of the season so that we get a high draft pick. If he continues his gameday gaffes and lack of discipline we should have a top 5 pick.

STAMPY
10-02-2003, 06:37 PM
i think every single one of your points are ******ed and you need to get your head checked out.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BillyGoatGruff
1. Trade Bledsoe. he clearly is not the QB to take us to the SuperBowl. Now I can see why the Patises got rid of him. He has no heart.

2. Bench Sam Adams. He is a liability at this stage of his career, especially in the second half. His fat ass was on the bench when we needed him most; when the dolphins were stuffing Ricky down our throats. We will have to find a replacement in the offseason because there's no immediate solution.

3.trade Antoine Winfield while others think he's good. WInfield had a good showing against the Dolphins. The only problem is all he can do is tackle. He got burned several times by bigger, more physical receivers in the past 2 games.
A sucker like Jim Haslett or somebody might give us a high round pick for him out of desperation.

4. And of course, get rid of the head coach. I think the reasons are clear. But I would keep him til the end of the season so that we get a high draft pick. If he continues his gameday gaffes and lack of discipline we should have a top 5 pick.
This has to be one of the WORST POSTS I've seen.:chair:

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey STAMPEDE, you can disagree with my points without resorting to insults. Or at least I think you're capable of that. And you can tell me why you disagree.

Dozerdog
10-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Goat!!!

nice way to welcome someone , stampy....:rolleyes:

Unless you are going to offer to whom we trade him, for whom do we get back, and who will be the QB, then trading him "just because" won't be wise.

2. Bench Sam Adams. He is a liability at this stage of his career, especially in the second half. His fat ass was on the bench when we needed him most; when the dolphins were stuffing Ricky down our throats. We will have to find a replacement in the offseason because there's no immediate solution. How many plays was he out for? I'm not being a wise ass- but where did you get the info that he was out for most of the Miami game?
And let's not forget- Ricky was held to about 75 yards and close to if not under 3 yards a carry for 3 quarters.

A sucker like Jim Haslett or somebody might give us a high round pick for him out of desperation. Again, for whom? And to what team? It's a CB rich FA market- lots of big talent names that can be had without giving up anything. If I'm a team that needs a DB, whty would I trade? Making trades on the premise another coach is just stupid won't fly.

I agree that we could do better. But you want to lose?

That is counter to your whole post. You want to trade off and fire people because we are losing. But you want to lose to get a high draft pick.

:huh:

So, wouldn't it be wisest to keep all of these so called bums if you want to lose?

Makes absolutely no sense... but hey... you are entitled to your opinion.

:welcome:

Mad Bomber
10-02-2003, 06:59 PM

For whom? Who would you rather see as our QB?

Mad Bomber
10-02-2003, 07:00 PM

Give me a name!

mackey789
10-02-2003, 07:12 PM
WYS has a new screen name!

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 07:20 PM
"Unless you are going to offer to whom we trade him, for whom do we get back, and who will be the QB, then trading him won't be wise."

We can trade him for draft picks(Remember, I am looking ahead to next year. This year is clearly over)

"How many plays was he out for? I'm not being a wise ass- but where did you get the info that he was out for most of the Miami game?
And let's not forget- Ricky was held to about 75 yards and close to if not under 3 yards a carry for 3 quarters. "

First of all, I did not say he was out most of the game, I said he was out when we needed him most.
Second of all, there are four qtrs in a game, not 3(and 75 yards is not exactly stopping someone in 3 qtrs)

"Again, for whom? And to what team? It's a CB rich FA market- lots of big talent names that can be had without giving up anything. If I'm a team that needs a DB, whty would I trade? Making trades on the premise another coach is just stupid won't fly. "

There are plenty of teams right now desperate for a cb. In many cases some coaches are in desperate situations where their job depends on immediate fixes. We could again secure some draft picks for next year

"I agree that we could do better. But you want to lose? "

Whether you want to face it or not, this season is over. The bills have too many weaknesses that have been exposed. I say we start looking ahead.

"That is counter to your whole post. You want to trade off and fire people because we are losing. But you want to lose to get a high draft pick."

There is nothing counter about it. All of the moves I suggested are with an eye toward next year.

"So, wouldn't it be wisest to keep all of these so called bums if you want to lose?"

We could lose with the back-up bums

"Makes absolutely no sense... but hey... you are entitled to your opinion."

You are a moron if you can't understand the clear logic behind my plan

The_Philster
10-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey STAMPEDE, you can disagree with my points without resorting to insults. Or at least I think you're capable of that.

You are a moron if you can't understand the clear logic behind my plan

:scratch: anyone else notice the hypocrisy here?

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 07:27 PM

he started it

The_Philster
10-02-2003, 07:28 PM

he started it

:lol: He didn't call you a moron

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 07:30 PM
He migh as well have. It was an underhanded insult. I was more strightforward. That's the only difference. Besides, I didn't call him a moron. I said "if" he didn't understand the plan.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2003, 07:41 PM
This year is clearly over

Please tell me I'm reading you wrong!!!!

We've played 4 out of 16 games! I must have misinterpreted what you've said. Otherwise, all I have to say is that you are F***ING WRONG! If I've misinterpreted, please let me know what you really meant!

The_Philster
10-02-2003, 07:42 PM
I'm getting the feeling this guy is making fun of us who want Williams fired by exaggerating the way we were acting.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I've never called for GW to be fired. In fact, the people who were calling for him to be fired in week 4 of an NFL season have no clue as to what that would do to a team.

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Please tell me I'm reading you wrong!!!!

We've played 4 out of 16 games! I must have misinterpreted what you've said. Otherwise, all I have to say is that you are F***ING WRONG! If I've misinterpreted, please let me know what you really meant!

nope, you read it right, sister!!
I know we only played 4 games but it's clear this is not the Super Bowl team yall thought it was. There are just too many weaknesses to which we cannot apply quick fixes.
From the beginning I had my doubts about dealing Peerless away, although what we got for him (McGahee) might very well be worth it. I think Donahoe had the same view as me...an eye toward next year.

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 08:09 PM
I've never called for GW to be fired. In fact, the people who were calling for him to be fired in week 4 of an NFL season have no clue as to what that would do to a team.

Aside from averting a possible mutiny, you mean?

BillyGoatGruff
10-02-2003, 08:10 PM

I agree with you on this. Plus we will have a high draft pick as a result.

Indy Bills Fan
10-03-2003, 01:22 AM
You can think what you want, but your plan would have us a team of Rookies next year. Trade for draft picks??

northernbillfan
10-03-2003, 02:08 AM
I can't believe you are willing to throw away a season after 4 weeks.
Can you say 12-4? No I didn't think so! :shakeno:

Your plan is full of holes, and only a very stupid team would think to do something like that. Who in their right mind would lose all year just for a high draft pick, besides Jacksonville?

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 04:27 AM
I'm thinking a mild case of "AOL - itis" has crept in with yesterday's Limbaugh fist fight - I know I made an idiot comment or two in that one. It'll pass :D

indianabillsfan
10-03-2003, 06:11 AM
Billy Goat Gruff says the season is clearly over? Was the Patriots' 2001 season clearly over after they lost their opening game to the Bengals and were had 1 win and 3 losses after 4 games? Clearly not. All they did was win the Super Bowl. Also, I bet they were glad that they did not fire Belichick after 4 games as I'm sure many of the fans were calling for them to do.

IHateTheDullphins
10-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i think every single one of your points are ******ed and you need to get your head checked out.

Holy crap! I seriously laughed my @$$ off when I saw this post!!
some funny $h!t!!!!!

:lol:

Dozerdog
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Terms of Service (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213)

BillyGoat, please read the above link.

The Rule is , attack the post, not the poster. If you diisagree with what people write, you can rip on their post all they want.

"This post is crazy" or " That's a stupid move"

But you are not allowed to attack the people themselves-

"You are an idiot" or "Stop being an *******"

Message boards carry a wide variety of opinions. You have to seperate people disagreeing with you from taking it personally. NBut the namecalling will have to stop.

Thank You.

justasportsfan
10-03-2003, 09:09 AM
[B
We can trade him for draft picks(Remember, I am looking ahead to next year. This year is clearly over)

[/B]:stupid:

FreddyvsJason
10-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Here's my solution: Shut the F up! billy goat butt

BillyGoatGruff
10-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Terms of Service (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213)

BillyGoat, please read the above link.

The Rule is , attack the post, not the poster. If you diisagree with what people write, you can rip on their post all they want.

"This post is crazy" or " That's a stupid move"

But you are not allowed to attack the people themselves-

"You are an idiot" or "Stop being an *******"

Message boards carry a wide variety of opinions. You have to seperate people disagreeing with you from taking it personally. NBut the namecalling will have to stop.

Thank You.

DozerDog, will you reprimand FreddyvsJason as well, or is there a double standard?

lordofgun
10-03-2003, 09:43 AM
DozerDog, will you reprimand FreddyvsJason as well, or is there a double standard?

Double standard. :up:

:jk:

Dozerdog
10-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Freddy- Please follow the Rules- Thanks guys!

MTBillsFan
10-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Okay everyone, I think everybody is reading to far into whats wrong with the team. There is a simple solution. Stick with the running game. As crappy as it has been Gilbride and Company need to force feed the ball to TH. We ran against the patsies something like 25 times. how many times did we run the ball against the iggles? 8? Our O line is big enough to push some D lines around.
"You can do it"

BAM
10-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Trade Bledsoe... :spit: Man I laughed for about 20 mins after reading that...

BAM
10-03-2003, 06:10 PM
You WERE kidding weren't you Billy.

Schobel94
10-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Winfield hasnt got burned this season ever, I dont know where you got that from...

Tatonka
10-05-2003, 07:46 AM

after reading your whole POST.. and all your RESPONSES.. i cant help but feel that i am stupider for it.. it think i have actually killed brain cells reading that horrible, worthless, piece of crap post.. and all the worthless, uninformed, unknowledgable, ridiculous responses that you typed, following the initial post.

I think those POSTS looke like that of a fin fan poking fun. but that is my opinion.

thanks for sharing your opinion and welcome aboard.

How is that dozer?

Billzz
10-05-2003, 08:50 AM
While the overall tone and reasoning are unfounded there is some shreds of truth lying underneath.

Bledsoe does seem to "feel" the pressure at times. When he needs to carry the team and be the man he falls short trying to do too much. He's a terrific pocket passer when given time.

Without a running game currently and his lack of scrambling ability they always know where to find him unless they happen to bootleg which IMO seems to be very effective and tends to throw the defense for a loop so far this year, minus the 4th down play of the Philly game:(.

Not dogging Drew since he is the best QB since Kelly but lets atleast be a bit honest with ourselves and get the "Walks on Water" mentality gone.

BillyGoatGruff
10-07-2003, 02:35 PM
right on Billzz. It's nice to see somebody that takes off the rose-colored glasses once in a while

Drewpac
10-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I agree. I fear that Bledsoe wilts under pressure. I don't think he is a leader. Unfortunately, I don't see a better alternative in the short run so we are stuck with Bledsoe. To get rid of Bledsoe in favor of a rookie QB would mean we are in for at least a 2 or 3 year rebuilding project. If we only win 6-8 games this season I'm all for bringing in a QB in the draft or free agency.