• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

sad fate for past buffalo qb;s

i always found it sad and strange. Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie both had sons with disablities i think same disability... and they were both buffalo qb's... strange twist of fate huh
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Don't forget about Marino's and Esiason's children as well...

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

they weren't the same, Doug's kid is autistic, and Jim's kid has Krabbe disease.
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Buffatexas
        • Aug 2002

Marino's kid is also autistic and Esiason's kid has another disease, I belive it is MS but I am not sure....no one has it worse than Jim though

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

Harbough too. They're all from the same generation, I wonder if any of this had to do with the pain killers or other meds they were given in the early and mid 80's.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I mentioned something like that many moons ago- Ebenezer says no- that these diseases are genetic.

Doesn't Elway have a child with disabilities as well? Maybe I'm wrong

I too thought it wierd that all these guys from 84-86 draft classes were hit with the disease, but it's apparentlt just a sad coincidence

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

If it were the meds, then why wasn't it more rampant among the rest of the players? Why not from other sports as well?

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Elway too...you're right. It is just QB's which is strange....maybe QB treatments were different. QB's need to stay sharp more so than other positions. I'm sure it's just a coincidence but it is strange.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Matk Rypien's son has cancer I do believe.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                  X