STAMPY
10-02-2003, 11:09 PM
mines rob johnson or wade phillips... wat bout u guys

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Ronnie Harmon.

Indy Bills Fan
10-03-2003, 12:34 AM
I don't know if I wanna start this....but here goes. Doug Flutie! He was great when he got here but turned into a locker room cancer and never took any responsibility.

StillLurkin
10-03-2003, 01:56 AM
sorry Jaded, but i hated Flutie the most, followed by RJ.

northernbillfan
10-03-2003, 02:02 AM
I had my hopes up for the team when Flutie joined, until they benched him for the playoffs and Johnson cost us the game. Ergo Johnson is my most despised player of all time.

You can't blame Flutie for turning the way he did. After that first season, he developed a major chip on his shoulder, and for that he is second on my list. Between him and Johns, they brought the whole team down and poisoned us.

I would like to erase those few years completley from my memory. Can I re-format my brain?

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 04:14 AM
Ronnie Harmon for his "mysterious" EZ drops costing a playoff came in CL.Ee, followed by Derrick Burroughs for his EZ personal foul in the Playoffs allowing CIN to score and eventually win.

northernbillfan
10-03-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Ronnie Harmon for his "mysterious" EZ drops costing a playoff came in CL.Ee, followed by Derrick Burroughs for his EZ personal foul in the Playoffs allowing CIN to score and eventually win.

Those are memories I didn't need to remember either. OUCH!

Buffatexas
10-03-2003, 06:10 AM
RJ...hands down

Historian
10-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Rod Kush. The only Bill to actually insult his own fans back in '81.

Ð
10-03-2003, 06:31 AM
RJ, big time

SABURZFAN
10-03-2003, 06:43 AM
tom cousineau

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
tom cousineau

But if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have gotten the greatest Bill of all-time!!!!

Thailog80
10-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Rob J, Lonnie J, Jerry Crafts,Chris Watson,James Williams. Just getting started.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by StillLurkin
sorry Jaded, but i hated Flutie the most, followed by RJ.

I simply don't understand the hatred toward Flutie. The idea is to win, not necessarily to be the most popular guy in the locker room. We were 21-9 with Flutie as the starter. What more do you want?

Oh... he also created enough excitement to increase premium seat sales to a level that helped save the franchise.

ryven
10-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Rob johnson

EricStratton
10-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Ronnie Harmon and the alligator arms is tops on the list.

Pride
10-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Gregg Williams

Buckets
10-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80
Rob J, Lonnie J, Jerry Crafts,Chris Watson,James Williams. Just getting started.

I'm with you. There are just so many, and the brain tends to forget bad experiances.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

But if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have gotten the greatest Bill of all-time!!!!

:lolcry:

jim kelly isn't the greatest BILL of all-time.

Valerie
10-03-2003, 08:31 AM
I can't believe so many of you hate Doug. :( Putting aside my personal feelings for him, I truly think that he did more FOR the Bills in a very short time. He increased ticket sales and brought excitement to the game.

My pick for most hated Bill is a toss up between Rob Johnson, Chris Watson and OJ Simpson. Yeah, OJ was great waaaay back then, but now he's a murderer and I hate him.

fushetti
10-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I simply don't understand the hatred toward Flutie. The idea is to win, not necessarily to be the most popular guy in the locker room. We were 21-9 with Flutie as the starter. What more do you want?

Oh... he also created enough excitement to increase premium seat sales to a level that helped save the franchise.

It was the whole Flutie/Johnson thing that made me hate....HATE going to bills games, watching bills games. Basically I really hated the bills from 99-2001 after being a huge fan since i was a little kid. Doug Flutie was a very exciting player to watch in 98 but, him plus Johnson, put it down the ****ter for me. Flutie was such a coniving, deceiving individual. I hate him. I don't care if we won the super bowl with him. He'd prolly proclaim himself the MVP and all this crap cuz he's short and he's got the short guy syndrome.

ryven
10-03-2003, 08:34 AM
never thought of watson.

Yeah I give him my vote as weel good call Jaded 7.

The Natrix
10-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Flutie and Billy Joe Hobert

Novacane
10-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Flutie and Johnson tie for me. Yeah.......Flutie did some good things but he ruined it with the way he acted after he was benched.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I can't believe so many of you hate Doug. :( I truly think that he did more FOR the Bills in a very short time.

wherever you see doug,you can guarantee the word short will soon follow.:snicker:

helmetguy
10-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Rob Johnson, James Williams, Ronnie Harmon

THATHURMANATOR
10-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Kelso then Flutie!

He Bad Production
10-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Rob Johnson (in a class all of his own),
Charlie Rogers (the punt returner; I get his name mixed up with a wide receiver I really liked),
Chidi Ahanatou (sp?),
Billy Joe Hobert,
Peerless Price.

Come to think of it, there aren't many I didn't like.

Bruce is Loose
10-03-2003, 09:31 AM
norwood, antowain smith, watson

Brian Griese Rulz
10-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Rob Johnson: He was a team cancer and should have never started the playoff game against Tenn. He cost us that game BIG TIME, by his horrible play in the 1st half. That could have been a Super Bowl team if we just stuck with the little guy.

BillyGoatGruff
10-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Scott Norwood. Choke City. Wide Right.
-messed up our only chance at glory
-if he had made that other teams' fans wouldn't see us as the biggest chokers of all time

rob040604
10-03-2003, 10:06 AM
The mullet - Skin Flutie

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
After my previous choices of Harmon and Burroughs, my third would be the visionary who traded Daryl Lamonica for Tom Flores and Art Powell.

:pow: :chair:

EM Bills Fan 80
10-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Rob Johnson: He was a team cancer and should have never started the playoff game against Tenn. He cost us that game BIG TIME, by his horrible play in the 1st half. That could have been a Super Bowl team if we just stuck with the little guy.

How do people who hate RJ sit there and say he cost us that game. Are we refering to the play where "he" cost us the safety? Cause It had absolutley NOTHING to do with John Fina not blocking Kearse one bit on it. Let me guess Flutie would scrammbled his way out of it?? Give me a break, the poor guy never had a chance to get set, he basically dropped back and planted and than kearse was right there already. Oh, BTW, didn't RJ lead the team down field in the final minutes of play to kick a what should have been Game winning FG???

I dont care if you hate the guy, but dont blame that loss on him, it was a team effore. You people you hate RJ, blame him for every loss he was a part of, yet Flutie did nothing wrong correct?? How about that Playoff game in 99 against Miami??? Remember the game where Trace Armstrong stirpped Flutie while we were on the goal line to save a Dolphin victory??? Did Doug not hang on to the ball too long???

Now In NO way am I saying RJ was a good player or even should have started Flutie, I was a Flutie fan up until the time he went and opened his big mouth because he wasnt happy. I'm just saying just because you hate a guy so much, is no need to to go and blame losses squarley on his shoulders.

I believe the Bills Media Guide said it best:

"Had Christie's Field Goal held up as the game-winner, the Johnson-led drive would go down as one of the most impressive in Bills lore. It was soon overshadowed, however, by the Titans return"

Also as I glanced in the Media Guide I notcied one thing, the Bills took 10 penaltys in that game. RJ threw NO INT's!! While McNair threw one!! So im assuming if the Titans would have lost that game, they would have blamed McNair for throwing that INT and only passing for 76 yards???

BTW, one last thing that made me sick, the fact that we had fans that would cheer when RJ would get hurt makes me sick. The fact that you would want to see anyone get hurt is unnacceptable and down right disgusting.

That is all..

LMB
10-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Rob Johnson

EM Bills Fan 80
10-03-2003, 10:59 AM
Mine: Lonnie Johnson, Todd Collins, Chris Watson, Ken Irvin

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

:lolcry:

jim kelly isn't the greatest BILL of all-time.

Dems fightin', I say dems fightin' words!!!!!!

MTBillsFan
10-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Chris Watson! That dude cost us more 3rd and longs than probably anyone in the history of the NFL,and probably a couple of games the last few years he was here! I'm glad he went to Lions...oh wait, they cut his a$$ too!

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 11:26 AM
I love this thread...especially since 20-20 hindsight is one of the most cherished human activities. :D

My 4th and final nominee is the thought process that went into the JAX trade for RJ. JAX turned that into a chap who in 6 years has gained 5119 yds, averaged 4.6 ypc, accumulating 46 total td's...RB Fred Taylor.

BAM
10-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Definately SCOTT NORWOOD for all time.

As for the present, Greg Williams gets my vote.

chubluv
10-03-2003, 11:54 AM
I guess i would have to say Flutie, followed in a close second Harmon. I was at that playoff game and watched that pass slip away from him. I still have nightmares about that play.

rob040604
10-03-2003, 12:57 PM
How about that Zach Thomas wind burned John Fina? I also need to add to the "it's not my fault" dope - Joe Furguson

Did I mention Flutie? I think he walks the sidelines pretending to be photographer!

StillLurkin
10-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

wins are wins. i always rooted for flutie, because of one reason, he was a Buffalo Bill. same with RJ. i didn't like either of them, but bottom line was i wanted a win for the Bills

STAMPY
10-03-2003, 01:23 PM
I love this thread...especially since 20-20 hindsight is one of the most cherished human activities. :D

My 4th and final nominee is the thought process that went into the JAX trade for RJ. JAX turned that into a chap who in 6 years has gained 5119 yds, averaged 4.6 ypc, accumulating 46 total td's...RB Fred Taylor.

ARE YOU SERIOUS... DAMN... we could have had fred taylor... grrrrrrr now i hate rob johnson more than i ever did.... the bottom line is the numbers don't lie when Doug was Qb we won games... When Rob was Qb we lost games... bottomline

NC-BILLS44
10-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Rob Johnson, Booker Moore, Joe Cribbs

Bmax
10-03-2003, 01:47 PM
SCOTT NORWOOD.....

NO EXPLANATION NEEDED

10-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Chris Watson

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

ARE YOU SERIOUS... DAMN... we could have had fred taylor... grrrrrrr now i hate rob johnson more than i ever did.... the bottom line is the numbers don't lie when Doug was Qb we won games... When Rob was Qb we lost games... bottomline

Yeah, I was curious what JAX did with that traded 1st round choice. so I hit the I-net to find out. It was a #9 pick...Bills were 6-10 in '97 and JAX (their own pick was #25) was 11-5.

I shoulda looked further and seen who was picked 10, 11, 12 etc. under the concept of investigating who else was available to be tapped.

But i guess, Who Knew? :cynic:

EM Bills Fan 80
10-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

No I higly doubt we would have drafted Fred Taylor, We had Antowain Smith, who we were very high on drafted a year or two before. However, in that draft we took Sam Cowart in the 2nd round. No of course you cant say this is true but if we can assume the Bills would have a taken a LB with the 9th pick, we could have had any of the following LBs taken in the first round after the 9th pick:

Keith Brooking
Takeo Spikes - Kind of Ironic Huh?
Anthony Simmons
Brian Simmons

So as you can see all of these LB's turned out to be Very Good LB's.

Take it for what it's worth

STAMPY
10-03-2003, 03:03 PM
we could have had spikes all these years grrrrrrrrrrr minus rob the ****** johnson

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80

No I higly doubt we would have drafted Fred Taylor, We had Antowain Smith, who we were very high on drafted a year or two before. However, in that draft we took Sam Cowart in the 2nd round. No of course you cant say this is true but if we can assume the Bills would have a taken a LB with the 9th pick, we could have had any of the following LBs taken in the first round after the 9th pick:

Keith Brooking
Takeo Spikes - Kind of Ironic Huh?
Anthony Simmons
Brian Simmons

So as you can see all of these LB's turned out to be Very Good LB's.

Take it for what it's worth

EM, you crack me up! :D HehHehHeh. "Kind of ronic - Huh?"

For all I know the guy may be the best player ever to walk the planet, but I still can't get over a father amin' his kid Crap -fonso! :clap:

EM Bills Fan 80
10-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Crap Fonso LOL I never looked at it like that before :D

EM Bills Fan 80
10-03-2003, 03:42 PM
I shoulda looked further and seen who was picked 10, 11, 12 etc. under the concept of investigating who else was available to be tapped.

Here ya go: Pick 10-30

CB Duane Starks (Miami-Fl)
T Tra Thomas (Florida State)
LB Keith Brooking (Georgia Tech)
LB Takeo Spikes (Auburn)
DT Jason Peter (Nebraska)
LB Anthony Simmons (Clemson)
WR Kevin Dyson (Utah)
LB Brian Simmons (North Carolina)
RB Robert Edwards (Georgia)
DT Vonnie Holliday (North Carolina)
CB Terry Fair (Tennessee)
WR Randy Moss (Marshall)
CB Tebucky Jones (Syracuse)
T Mo Collins (Florida)
S Shaun Williams (UCLA)
S Donovin Darius (Syracuse)
G Alan Faneca (Louisiana State)
T Victor Riley (Auburn)
CB R.W. McQuarters (Oklahoma State)
RB John Avery (Mississippi)
WR Marcus Nash (Tennessee)

Now with the Bills taking a LB in the First, they prolly wouldnt have chosen Cowart in the 2nd. In the 3rd round they went with an Offensive Tackle Robert Hicks, so assuming we would have taken a a OT in the 2nd round we could have chosen:

Todd Weiner - Solid OT for the Falcons now
or
Chris Conrad - Who?!?!

Of course this is all hypothetical and Noone really knows what could have taken place.

The_Philster
10-03-2003, 03:48 PM
I just can't believe all the Norwood responses. :shakeno: I guess Super Bowl XXV, in which he missed a kick he wasn't supposed to make anyway, was the only game he ever played as a Bill.

LtBillsFan66
10-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I just can't believe all the Norwood responses. :shakeno: I guess Super Bowl XXV, in which he missed a kick he wasn't supposed to make anyway, was the only game he ever played as a Bill.

Why wasn't he supposed to make it?

I don't blame the whole loss on him, but he could have come through there.

MDFINFAN
10-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Thailog80

Who did you say Thailog80, your sig was blocking my view...

:laughter:

helmetguy
10-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I don't blame the whole loss on him, but he could have come through there.

He hadn't kicked one that far all year...mainly because he didn't have that strong a leg to begin with. I think we added Daluiso the next year to handle kickoffs due to Norwood's being too short.

Dozerdog
10-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Billy Joe Hobart

Historian
10-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Add Reuben Gant to this dungheap!

BillsOwnAll
10-03-2003, 04:45 PM
what was wrong with flutie and watson...i liekd them......i mean how can this guy not be NORWOOD....how cant he be is that not was bills fans get bashed on the most for? just think of he made that PEOPLE MIGHT ACTULALY RESPECT US!

fabolouspaul
10-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Watson!!!!

The_Philster
10-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

He never had that strong a leg. I encourage anyone blaming Scotty to read The Buffalo Bills and the Almost-Dream Season and be sure to check page 230 for what happened on that kick. He put so much effort into getting enough distance, that he didn't get enough accuracy. I blame the defense's shoddy tackling for that loss...not Scotty.

BAM
10-03-2003, 07:02 PM
I agree with you Phil. somewhat. A lot definately could've happened in that game. He should've never had to kick that FG in the 1st place. I just dislike him because we were soooooo close and Christie would've nailed that kick! just my opinion :)

The_Philster
10-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
I agree with you Phil. somewhat. A lot definately could've happened in that game. He should've never had to kick that FG in the 1st place. I just dislike him because we were soooooo close and Christie would've nailed that kick! just my opinion :)

Yeah. I think he would have. But he was a Buc at the time. We had a reliable kicker who was excellent on shorter range FGs at the time and helped us win some games.