PDA

View Full Version : Mcgahee vs. Henry

ShadowHawk7
10-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Isn't MG able to be activated next week. I like him a lot. Even tho i've never seen him play. It's probably b/c Henry is doing horrible. Don't give that b/s about the offensive line, cuz Henry would get a better average if he stood on the LOS and fell forward! When I first read that "Hearing Footsteps" article I felt sorry for Henry, thinking that he had proved himself. I don't know about that anymore... It'd be great if MG came in week 7 and created holes by bursting through w/ his great speed! Henry still rox on ESPN NFL Football though!

STAMPY
10-03-2003, 02:31 PM
your crazy... with the way the lines playing mgahee will be back on the shelf... travis has had a rough start but its not his fault... the lines been terrible, drews getting no time, none of our rushers got ne room to run, also we are not committing to run, i think part of it is cause the lines been terrible so thats y. he proved himself last year... he had i believe 12 tds and 1400 yards... But in sports its all about WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY... and it was killing him to miss last week... travis is a warrior and i hope HE PROVES YOU WRONG THIS WEEK!!! I'm excited about Mgahee but he's gotta earn that RB spot... its still Travis Henry job unless he proves he's better at the NFL level and proves the injury is in past... that simple

HenryRules
10-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Isn't MG able to be activated next week. I like him a lot. Even tho i've never seen him play.

I'm sorry, but this statement pretty much ruins the credibility of your post.

I love McGahee, I'm a big Canes fan and watched him play a lot last season (on tv, not live unfortunately) ... I can tell you this though, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, or Walter Payton (let alone McGahee) would not gain yards running behind this line right now.

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Isn't MG able to be activated next week. I like him a lot. Even tho i've never seen him play. It's probably b/c Henry is doing horrible. Don't give that b/s about the offensive line, cuz Henry would get a better average if he stood on the LOS and fell forward! When I first read that "Hearing Footsteps" article I felt sorry for Henry, thinking that he had proved himself. I don't know about that anymore... It'd be great if MG came in week 7 and created holes by bursting through w/ his great speed! Henry still rox on ESPN NFL Football though!

Dunno if he'll be activated. It took Egerrin James and Jamal Lewis a solid year to come back from similar injuries, and unless I'm misinformed, McGahee's knee injury was worst.

Plus, It would be a roster spot.

TedMock
10-03-2003, 03:47 PM
The line is playing like crap but so is Henry. You can see that he's continuously dancing around in the backfield and trying to bounce it outside. I know the holes aren't there but when they weren't there before he'd still hit it hard and find a crease. He's definitely looking over his shoulder and trying to prove something. Unfortunately it's hurting his game. He's an outstanding between the tackles guy who runs low to the ground with square shoulders.....until this year. Now he's dancing and trying to outrun to the corner......Who told him he had blazing speed? McGahee probably won't be as good as Henry up the gut but he's much faster around the edge. That's fine, they all have parts of their games that are stronger than others. Henry needs to go back to the basics and remember what made him good. Also, the OL needs to figure out how they helped get Henry 1400 yards, 4.4ypc and 14 TD's. What's different? Oh yeah, Pucillo. When a guard screws up it hurts the running game so much because it disrupts the center and tackle.

helmetguy
10-03-2003, 08:37 PM
McGahee is a much better cutback runner than Henry is; provided, of course that the knee is solid. That MIGHT take some heat off the line. Who knows? If he's not ready, though, I wouldn't push it and expect him to be "THE GUY" right away.

Immediate solution?

DEPORT PUCILLO!!!!!

Michael82
10-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Immediate solution?

DEPORT PUCILLO!!!!!

WHY the :angry: isn't Gregg as smart as we are, about this? :rolleyes:

Pucillo sucks and is getting Bledsoe killed! We need to see what is up with Sullivan, or else tell us whats wrong with him. :mad:

L.A. Playa
10-04-2003, 10:34 AM
would be nice to see them shake the whole line up. maybe make a statement and sit brown down a game

Sabre Ally
10-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Dunno if he'll be activated. It took Egerrin James and Jamal Lewis a solid year to come back from similar injuries, and unless I'm misinformed, McGahee's knee injury was worst.

Plus, It would be a roster spot.

Yeah, it would be a roster spot, but at the moment we're drastically short-handed at the RB/FB positions. Burns and Gash cannot handle the load on their own with no backups.

shelby
10-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Don't forget, we have Simonton as well. ;)
i think Henry will improve if our O line improves. i don't think McGahee is the answer right now.

Sabre Ally
10-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah. Sorry Simonton. Didn't mean to leave ya out.