PDA

View Full Version : Reed and Thurmo...

STAMPY
10-03-2003, 03:00 PM
are they both hall of famers in your eyes? i think thurmos a lock... i think andre deserves to get in too... the guy broke all expectations and had great years here in Buffalo

stuckincincy
10-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
are they both hall of famers in your eyes? i think thurmos a lock... i think andre deserves to get in too... the guy broke all expectations and had great years here in Buffalo

Yeah I think their chances are good. Like you said, both of 'em beat expectations. Reed's mouth (and to a lessed extent, Thomas's) might hurt thier chances a bit, at least locally. I don't think their opinions got a lot of national play...

Dozerdog
10-03-2003, 03:13 PM
They both are locks-
They both broke career numbers for those already in.

First Ballot? Maybe Thurm- but both will be in within 3 years of elligibility

helmetguy
10-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Both'll go in soon after they're eligible.

The_Philster
10-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Thurm on the first ballot. It may take a while for Reed only because of how slowly they've been putting WRs in. It took Lofton 4 years.

STAMPY
10-03-2003, 03:50 PM
do you think reed was better than lofton?

The_Philster
10-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
do you think reed was better than lofton?

I'd say they were pretty equal in terms of overall ability. Lofton retired as the yardage leader in receiving. I'll just say it was good to see him finally go in this summer...even though he went in as a Packer.

TedMock
10-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I think Thurm's a definite but I'm not sure about Reed. I agree that he may not be a first ballot.

MTBillsFan
10-03-2003, 04:51 PM
In my eyes both are locks...let the numbers talk for themselves. Andre is way up there in catches and Thurman is way up there in rushin yards and total yards from scrimage.

STAMPY
10-03-2003, 05:06 PM
ya i think thumo is a lock first ballot

Historian
10-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Both should go, as will Bruce. I would like to see Tasker get in too.

G. Host
10-04-2003, 03:06 PM
The change in rules (number admitted) do not help.

Agree wholehearted with you on Tasker.

Thurman will get in first couple of years. Who retired same year as him? That will help determine when.

Andre has a long road. A lot of sports writers think he got only as many catches as he did due to system. I'd have taken Lofton over Reed and see how long he got in even from support from writers from other teams.

The_Philster
10-04-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
The change in rules (number admitted) do not help.

I see that about the switch to 3-6 when it was previously 4-7. When did that happen? :scratch:

G. Host
10-04-2003, 03:10 PM
and it makes no sense because the number of teams expanded. Maybe they are running out of space in hall.

The_Philster
10-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
and it makes no sense because the number of teams expanded. Maybe they are running out of space in hall.

No..that isn't it. I was there and they re-did everything since last year. Where they used to have busts and murals for each member scattered around 2 U-shaped wings, they now have busts only placed in chronological order (of induction) around 1 room. The room was made out of the first wing and half the second. They have room for at least 10 more years of 7-member classes if they want before they have to re-design and use that second half of the other wing.

G. Host
10-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Maybe they do not feel "excusive" enough. Too many players downgrades the quality. They would not have that problem if every Pittsburgh player, owner and water boy did not get in.