PDA

View Full Version : IT'S Never To early to plan ahead- Draft Notes

Bmax
10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
It's early to talk draft and needs for the bills but being a dratnik i tend to watch a lot of college ball and these are my early notes...

This year will be the year of the wr again... The draft is loaded with playmaking wr who are big and fast ...

The crop includes reggie williams from washinton a 6- 4
220.. stud who caught 94 passses last year as a soph..

Roy williams from Texas 6-4 210 sr who has 5td this season already and caught 64 passes last season .. many feel r. williams would have been a top 10 pick last season .

And rashun woods maybe the best of them all he stands 6-2 195 and set a ncaa recors for td receptions this season.. Woods is a dynomite !!!!!! performer.. woods hauled in 107 and 17tds last season ....

Other wr include syracuse sr johnnie morant - a 6-4- 220 late comer who was all everything in high scholl but has had off the field issues with the cuse ...in his final season morant is putting everything together . he is 4.4 speed guy who is strong and very physical ....morant is also leading the orange in kickoff returns this season....He could work his way into the first round of the draft but looks more like a 2nd - 3rd pick now...

Larry fitzgerald is also a stand out for pitt and is in the class of williams and woods but he is only a soph .. so maybe the clareett situationwill determine if he leaves this year.....

with josh reed struggling and the bills always looking for weapons a big wr will not be out of the question in round 1 not likely but not out of the question ...

GOTTA GO AND CHECK OUT THE D-LINE MEN A REAL POSITION NEED FOR THE BILLS ...

BMAX

venis2k1
10-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Trade up and take Wilfork.

HenryRules
10-04-2003, 03:18 PM
If we're going to address our receiving options, I'd like to see us take Kellen Winslow. Even if Reed continues to struggle, I think it's too early to give up on him, and I really think that an upgrade at the TE position would have a dramatic impact (our TE's are competent, but I wouldn't say any of them are in the top-20) on our offense.

Sean Taylor is another guy that I'd really like to see us take a look at (I only really watch the Hurricanes in football, so there's an obvious bias there) ... I think he'd really help our secondary.

I don't know anything about FA's available next year, outside of CB's, nor much about people coming out of other schools, so that's about all I can suggest so far.

venis2k1
10-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Here are what some mock draft have us taking this year.

David Pollack, DE Georgia

WR Mike Jenkins, OHio State: The Bills need a big reciever so that they can stick with three wideout sets.They get that in Jenkins, a very talented wideout with size.

Braylan Edwards, WR, Michigan. May go ahead of Woods. Will have better measureables. This season, so far, has proved that this offense needs Peerless Price. Edwards should offset that loss.

Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami (junior)- The Bills would no doubt be thrilled to land Winslow here. It is unlikely but could happen. Adding Winslow is just another passing dimension for Bledsoe that will help the whole offense. McGahee will reunite with his former teammate too, for whatever thats worth???

Michael Jenkins, WR, Ohio State- Should become a gem being mentored by Moulds

Take it for what its worth.

ryven
10-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Anything on OL.