PDA

View Full Version : Chalk another up for Greg

Turf
10-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Defense makes the big play and Greg calls for a punt block resulting in Wires' bonehead play. Once again, Greg just can't leave well enough alone. Again and again again, where does it end.

John Doe
10-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Defense makes the big play and Greg calls for a punt block resulting in Wires' bonehead play. Once again, Greg just can't leave well enough alone. Again and again again, where does it end.

I think it ended in a win.

Brian Griese Rulz
10-05-2003, 04:19 PM
I think it will end up with him being FIRED.

MTBillsFan
10-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Wire had no way of avoiding the punter. He was in mid air! That ain't GW's fault.

LtBillsFan66
10-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan
Wire had no way of avoiding the punter. He was in mid air! That ain't GW's fault.

EXACTLY!

BillsFever
10-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter

So GW is an idiot for trying to block a punt?

Tatonka
10-05-2003, 07:19 PM
this thread is fn ridiculous... how is it possibly greg williams fault that someone ran into the kicker?

if they block it and it goes for a td, your stroking him right now.

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Hey Gregg may have some issues but some of you guys are really reaching for anything to place blame on him!:ebenezer:

Mad Bomber
10-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
this thread is fn ridiculous... how is it possibly greg williams fault that someone ran into the kicker?

if they block it and it goes for a td, your stroking him right now.

I agree....the coach isn't to blame for someone running into the kicker.

However, rushers should be coached to aim in FRONT of the path of the ball. You don't aim for the kicker, you aim a yard in front of where the ball should be when he kicks it.

And that IS on the coaches.

XNOUGHT
10-05-2003, 07:28 PM
The Bills almost lost to the Bungles.......

Its a win, but what does it say?

BillsFever
10-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
The Bills almost lost to the Bungles.......

Its a win, but what does it say?

That we won the game.

The Bungles have played tough for 3 straight weeks now. They're not the UB Bulls.

Historian
10-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

I agree....the coach isn't to blame for someone running into the kicker.

However, rushers should be coached to aim in FRONT of the path of the ball. You don't aim for the kicker, you aim a yard in front of where the ball should be when he kicks it.

And that IS on the coaches.

Our special teams stink...Wade refuses to fire his special teams coach...Wade gets canned...Coach Organization gets hired....three years later our special teams still suck canal water!!!

Sort of like the dog chasing its own tail, huh?

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan

Incorrect my friends. Wire could have avoided the punter if we were set up for the return. A 7 point lead in a game where scoring is at a premium is not the place to gamble and give up field position. Field position in this game was the most valuable commodity at hand.

MDFINFAN
10-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by BidsJr

Incorrect my friends. Wire could have avoided the punter if we were set up for the return. A 7 point lead in a game where scoring is at a premium is not the place to gamble and give up field position. Field position in this game was the most valuable commodity at hand.

So are you saying that you should never go for a block kick..??

Dam if GW do and Dam if he don't..go figure..

you won, in the end, that W is the only thing that counts..

Turf
10-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Jesus let me preach to the clones.
It was another unneccessary high risk call at a critical point in the game that didn't need to be called. It was another boner of a call. It was dumb, you know why? Well if you don't all know by now you never will. It was a fake punt. It was a trick play. It was stupid. It had a minimal upside with a maximum downside. It was a momentum killer. WTF else do you all need to know?

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Umm if we had blocked it.........:)

The_Philster
10-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Wire said on the postgame that he could have pulled up but needs to play smarter.