PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams it is a turnstile

Novacane
10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
at RT. I know it's only his second year so I'm not throwing in the towel on him but he is awful in pass protection. And some think he should be left tackle and protect the blind side? Yeah Right!

snow1989
10-05-2003, 03:48 PM
I wish I could see more of the games (very soon I will!) , and yes its true he's only a second year guy...but is it possible others on the line are missing their assignments also?...causing confusion?....etc....or is he experiencing the old second year blues?

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
at RT. I know it's only his second year so I'm not throwing in the towel on him but he is awful in pass protection. And some think he should be left tackle and protect the blind side? Yeah Right!

He has been shaky but then he'll go out and throw a key block for a TD like he did today!:huh:

Novacane
10-05-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He has been shaky but then he'll go out and throw a key block for a TD like he did today!:huh:

I don't know. Guys seem to be able to speed rush him. Hopefully he will improve.

superbills
10-05-2003, 04:07 PM
I think he has too much to worry about on that side of the ball. Not only does he have to block his guy, but he knows that Pucillo is most likely gonna be flat on his ass leaving another guy open to get to Drew. Mike's playing takle AND guard. I'll cut him some slack until we get a real guard out there to help on that side of the ball.

Ron C.
10-05-2003, 06:40 PM
The left defensive end and tackle are stunting and leaving MW out in the middle of nowhere. IF you pick a player in the top 5 of a draft, HE HAS TO BE AN IMPACT PLAYER. We would have been better off taking McKinney with the pick and keeping JJ at RT. Better yet... offering a better 2nd round pick to NO and obtaining Turley for RT.

Imagine an O-line: McKinney, Brown, Teague, Jennings, Turley!!!

colin
10-05-2003, 07:36 PM
You think we have trouble running the ball now?

If we had mckinny, we would be even worse.

eyedog
10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by colin
You think we have trouble running the ball now?

If we had mckinny, we would be even worse.

Yeah it looks like McKinnie and the Vikings are have all kinds of trouble scoring points.
Lets face it. They took the wrong tackle. Williams looks like he would be better suited for a guard postion, except for now we have nobody better.

The_Philster
10-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by superbills
I think he has too much to worry about on that side of the ball. Not only does he have to block his guy, but he knows that Pucillo is most likely gonna be flat on his ass leaving another guy open to get to Drew. Mike's playing takle AND guard. I'll cut him some slack until we get a real guard out there to help on that side of the ball.
Same here.

Originally posted by Ron C.
The left defensive end and tackle are stunting and leaving MW out in the middle of nowhere. IF you pick a player in the top 5 of a draft, HE HAS TO BE AN IMPACT PLAYER. We would have been better off taking McKinney with the pick and keeping JJ at RT. Better yet... offering a better 2nd round pick to NO and obtaining Turley for RT.

Imagine an O-line: McKinney, Brown, Teague, Jennings, Turley!!!

McKinney made it known before the draft he didn't want to be here. :rolleyes:

colin
10-05-2003, 09:59 PM
McKinnie has played against some garabage Ds, with meh pass rushes, and has given up some sacks too.

I'll admit Williams gets beat by speed rushers, but at some point they all do. He is still a better overall player than McK, and about the only really physical power lineman on our team (Brown is sometimes too). Our best drives today were a result of our line getting mean and smashing forward, that is not how McK plays.

colin
10-05-2003, 10:00 PM
oops, i meant to mention our interior line is where our problems really are, and i think our tackles underset most of the time, making it easy to get beat outside.