Clear All
  • Domibrader
    • Mar 2003

Josh Reed - Start 'em or Bench 'em?

Next week: start Reed or Bench him?

I say bench him for a long while!
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

He is really hurting this team on offense with his drops. The last thing the offense needs is a player that drops almost every ball thrown his way. Bench him and give Coleman a shot at the 3rd WR sport and bump up Shaw to #2.

Comment

• superbills
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by don137
      He is really hurting this team on offense with his drops. The last thing the offense needs is a player that drops almost every ball thrown his way. Bench him and give Coleman a shot at the 3rd WR sport and bump up Shaw to #2.
      Took the words right out of my mouth
      "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
      Ronald Reagan
      40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• StillLurkin
        • Jul 2002

bench him, bring him in on 3 and 4 wide sets only. bobby has outplayed him all season!
        Become one with nature.........then marinate it!

Comment

• redeye5
          • Dec 2002

bench him or maybe cut him but at the very least put him on the practice squad
          Current Ralph Wilson Stadium Weather Click Below
          IF YOU PLAY TENNIS AND YOUR NAME ENDS WITH A "ova" YOU ARE HOT!!!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Reed looks terrible.

[sarcasm]I'm sure it's Gregg Williams fault.[/sarcasm]

Comment

• Drewpac
              • Jul 2002

This guy sucks!!! I was expecting big things from Reed and I was so excited when we drafted him but he is a bust. The guy has no speed whatsoever and he can't catch even the simpleist of passes. At this point he needs to be sat down for a few weeks so he can clear his head. He might also want to think about seeing a sports pyschologist. You have to figure that Bledsoe thinks twice every time he sees Reed open.

Comment

• JayWood
                The Professor
                • Jul 2002

start coleman, loved this guy in the preseason. Iam not ready to say forget about josh reed, cut him and say so long, but right now the guy is not helping himslef or this team so a little change in scenary is good for both ends
                When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• StillLurkin
                  • Jul 2002

i wouldn't go as far as cutting him. i'd put him in the game but only in 3/4/5 wide sets. don't let him collect dust on the bench or he could be lost forever. remember, neither moulds or price did squat in their first 2 years.
                  Become one with nature.........then marinate it!

Comment

• BidsJr
                    • Sep 2002

I say that the only thing wrong with Reed is a fragile confidence.

I would try and put him in shotgun sets in the backfield with Henry/Gash. Then feed him a steady diet of screen/ dump off passes to help him rebuild confidence. If that doesn't work then pine time baby.
                    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• robeezy
                      • Jun 2003

He obviously wasn't ready for the 2nd spot. He's this years offensive version of Watson. "Your killing us out there!"
                      "No body Circles the Wagon, Like the Buffalo Bills!"

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

Sounds like you guys are missing Price just a little maybe..Reed is no Price at this point...If he can't be counted on, then Drew will look Moulds down...Reed better gain some confidence fast, or he will really hinder your O. Drew likes to get rid of the ball on a receivers break, if he feels the reciever will drop it, he's going to hold on to the ball even longer..Sack city...Reed can gain some confidence for a while, then he has to loose it again when Miami gets to town..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by redeye5
                          bench him or maybe cut him but at the very least put him on the practice squad
                          Cutting him would be a stupid idea. He could make a comeback next year. It's only his second year in the league. And you can't put him on the practice squad. He was active all last season and this season. He's ineligible after 6 games of being on the active roster.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Moulds was in this same spot in his second year. WAAAYYY too early to give up on Reed.

Eric used to be a huge bust before he broke out.
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Voltron
                              • Jul 2002

You all seem to forget that it took Moulds 3 years to break out. I say bench him next week to get his head back in the game, Give coleman the shot at #3 and get Reed in there on certian situations. He is a good down field blocker for some reason he just can't hang on to the ball this year.
                              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X