PDA

View Full Version : Clump's Week 3 Power Rankings

lordofgun
09-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Now that we are 3 weeks into the 2002 season, I will begin my weekly power rankings of the NFL (I will start my college rankings starting Monday Sept 30th). I put a premium on teams played (i.e. strength of schedule), thus, my rankings may not correlate to what you see on some sites.

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=9&state=news&nid=1324

clumping platelets
09-25-2002, 10:34 PM
:hail: LOG

casdhf
09-25-2002, 10:34 PM
The Panthers are 10th? :shakeno:

WCoastFin
09-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Its looks fair and I can agree except with the Dolphins at #3....They should be at #1.

THATHURMANATOR
09-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey it is a toss up man at least he gave your boys some props!!!!

clumping platelets
09-25-2002, 10:59 PM
Miami have beat the Lions, at Colts, NY Jets

Patriots have beat at Steelers, at Jets, Kansas City

Nuff said!

WCoastFin
09-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Miami have beat the Lions, at Colts, NY Jets

Patriots have beat at Steelers, at Jets, Kansas City

Nuff said!

lets recap....

Miami has beat 0-3, 2-1, 1-2

N.England has beat 0-3, 1-2, (1-2 won by a helmet toss)

Your point is......?

clumping platelets
09-26-2002, 01:08 AM
New England has won two on the road

Steelers are much better team than 0-2........can't refute that.

Lions suck.....Jets suck and you played them both at home. Win @ KC and maybe you'll move up

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
New England has won two on the road

Steelers are much better team than 0-2........can't refute that.

Like Bills parcells said "the record speaks for your team".....We can assume anything we want but the truth is right now the Steelers suck......Not to mention the patsies bearly pulled of that win against KC.....

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 09:48 AM
:urock:

No argument from me other than the dead fish are rated too high.

:moon:

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker
:urock:

No argument from me other than the dead fish are rated too high.

:moon:

Dont you mean the bills.....they should be somewhere between Arizona and Baltimore.

Ebenezer
09-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Sorry CP...you got some 'splaining to do..

Carolina 10th???? YOU ARE HIGH!!! They suck...their opponents are a collective 0-8...they will not win 7 games this year.

Denver is #1.

San Diego 8th??? Their opponents are 1-8.

NYG, Jax and Atl are not better than the Bills.

You also give NE credit for beating the Steelers and say the Steelers are better than their start and then you put the Steelers 23rd??? :huh:

clumping platelets
09-26-2002, 11:02 AM
1-800-cry-baby

colin
09-26-2002, 11:43 AM
Clump, are you trying to compile a list based only on the games played so far this year, or an overall opinion? If it is the former, your list is gonna change a whole lot week to week, if it is the latter, Carolina is NOT 10th. Nice work though.

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Sorry CP...you got some 'splaining to do..

Carolina 10th???? YOU ARE HIGH!!! They suck...their opponents are a collective 0-8...they will not win 7 games this year.

Denver is #1.

San Diego 8th??? Their opponents are 1-8.

NYG, Jax and Atl are not better than the Bills.

You also give NE credit for beating the Steelers and say the Steelers are better than their start and then you put the Steelers 23rd??? :huh:

Carolina 10th???? YOU ARE HIGH!!! They suck...their opponents are a collective 0-8...they will not win 7 games this year....theyre in the right place until proven otherwise.

Denver is #1....Fair, cant argue with that.

San Diego 8th??? Their opponents are 1-8....but they are aslo winning...look up carolina.

NYG, Jax and Atl are not better than the Bills....Oh yes they are, there record says so!

You also give NE credit for beating the Steelers and say the Steelers are better than their start and then you put the Steelers 23rd??? ....whats up with that??????

4thAndLong
09-26-2002, 02:49 PM
pats played home against the Steelers..Not in Pittsburgh.

That was th opening of Gilette Field. Oakland won in Pittsburgh.

NoCtUrNaL
09-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Question: after viewing Clump’s Week 3 Power Rankings, are you guys not allowed to use each teams symbols?

lordofgun
09-26-2002, 03:13 PM
We are allowed, but it's supposed to be sparingly. Maybe next week. :D

NoCtUrNaL
09-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
We are allowed, but it's supposed to be sparingly. Maybe next week. :D

How the hell are you supposed to follow that rule?

WTH are they afraid of? I can see if this was a "lets bash the NFL" site, but this is mostly fans of the game...fans who buy tickets, souvenirs, merchandise, watch the games on TV...which advertisers like. I wonder if the fair use clause can be applied here.

NoCtUrNaL
09-26-2002, 04:19 PM
Things I disagree with:

San Diego ahead of San Fran? Head to head...San Fran wins 9 out of 10 of those games. I think we'd beat San Diego at San Diego most of the time.

Jacksonville and Atlanta ahead of the Bills? Not now, not later.

I hope this means next week we're #11 after we beat "da Bears" this Sunday. ;)

You've got two teams below us that are better teams then us and six teams ahead of us that we're better then, so we should be # 14 right now.

lordofgun
09-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

How the hell are you supposed to follow that rule?

WTH are they afraid of? I can see if this was a "lets bash the NFL" site, but this is mostly fans of the game...fans who buy tickets, souvenirs, merchandise, watch the games on TV...which advertisers like. I wonder if the fair use clause can be applied here.

Maybe we'll have to bend that a little, eh? :D

NoCtUrNaL
09-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Sec. 107. - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include - (more...). (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html)

clumping platelets
09-26-2002, 10:55 PM
agree to disagree :)

lordofgun
09-26-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks Noc.