PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage

stuckincincy
10-05-2003, 04:52 PM
I thought that Don Criqui and Steve Tasker did a good job. Especially Tasker (comments about kick return positioning, etc.)

He made several allusions to GW's somewhat tenuous status...I think he (too) was waiting for a GW special to sink the Bills.

Typ0
10-05-2003, 04:54 PM
would that be a christmas special by any chance?

The Natrix
10-05-2003, 04:58 PM
what did Tasker say about the return game? The bar I was at only had sound for the Giants game because there was like 200 NY Fans

billsfan80
10-05-2003, 05:49 PM
i can''t stand any of the talking heads they are almost always going to make some really stupid comment or just keep repeating the same thing each other says.

Historian
10-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
He made several allusions to GW's somewhat tenuous status...I think he (too) was waiting for a GW special to sink the Bills.

Of course...he understands the game!

SABURZFAN
10-05-2003, 06:41 PM
i was talking with somebody earlier through IM and he says that tasker was really critical about the BILLS.

stuckincincy
10-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
what did Tasker say about the return game? The bar I was at only had sound for the Giants game because there was like 200 NY Fans

He mentioned a couple times that returners, depending on the wind, should move up or back prior to kicks. I specifically recall 'em saying that A. Brown should move up 15 yds 'cause the B'gals were punting into the wind. Tasker was right, Brown had to run to get the ball and gained little.

stuckincincy
10-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i was talking with somebody earlier through IM and he says that tasker was really critical about the BILLS.

Not at all. He pointed out some dubious play calls, mentioned about kr positioning, noted that the Bills db's were giving large cushions, and the like.

On the OT td drive, when they were in the red zone, he observed that if the Bills were to pass, the fans would STORM the field :D

jdbillsfan
10-06-2003, 07:29 AM
I thought they sucked. They seemed to be riding the Bills the whole game.

I am not sure how many times they mentioned that Bengals are getting ready to go deep and watch out because they are gonna go deep, but at least 10.

Criqui was saying the game was over with 8 minutes left, saying the Bengals were gonna win.

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 07:48 AM
I saw Cruiqui at the limo after the game...you should have seen the cigar the guy was unwrapping...it had to be 8 inches long and an inch round...wonder what he would smoke if the Bills won a SB.

stuckincincy
10-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jdbillsfan
I thought they sucked. They seemed to be riding the Bills the whole game.

I am not sure how many times they mentioned that Bengals are getting ready to go deep and watch out because they are gonna go deep, but at least 10.

Criqui was saying the game was over with 8 minutes left, saying the Bengals were gonna win.

1) Well, the Bills ended up 3/15 on 3rd down conversions...not exactly a snappy performance.

2) B'gals shoulda gone deep...but I understand why at this point, for the B'gals, they're being a tad conservitive.

3) With 8 or so minutes left, the Bills to that point exhibited all the charming charisma of a turd :D

Buffatexas
10-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Tasker/Criqui bites...I got so sick about them talking about the freakin wind every other stinkin play...I thought we could get a little favoritism from Tasker but he is turning out to be a Theismann wannabe

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Buffatexas
Tasker/Criqui bites...I got so sick about them talking about the freakin wind every other stinkin play...I thought we could get a little favoritism from Tasker but he is turning out to be a Theismann wannabe

I'm actually glad that Tasker was being critical. That's his job. If he were acting like a homer in the booth for a national telecast, he'd look ridiculous in putting a positive spin on some really ugly football. He's a stand-up kinda guy, and he WAS very accurate in his assessments!

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Tasker's always been pretty good, IMO. :up:

Buffatexas
10-07-2003, 06:18 AM
I guess your right about Tasker....It just sours me to hear a former Bill, and one of my favorites, be as critical....even though it is warranted.....I am just glad Madden wasn't there, he'd be using that damn telecaster to diagram the freakin wind

Brian Griese Rulz
10-07-2003, 06:20 AM
I thought they sucked. Said the samething over and over. If Tasker wasn't a former Bill everyone would say he sucked.

stuckincincy
10-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Buffatexas
I guess your right about Tasker....It just sours me to hear a former Bill, and one of my favorites, be as critical....even though it is warranted.....I am just glad Madden wasn't there, he'd be using that damn telecaster to diagram the freakin wind

HaHaHahaHa! Diagram the freakin' wind! That's simultaneously priceless and true! :beers:

helmetguy
10-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
I thought they sucked. Said the samething over and over. If Tasker wasn't a former Bill everyone would say he sucked.

But, of course, every word out of Joe "A-Dollar-a-Word" Theisman is a golden biscuit, ain't it?