These are the Types of Win that Build Character!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EM Bills Fan 80
    Let's Go Buffalo!
    • Mar 2003

These are the Types of Win that Build Character!

This is the type of Win that builds character for a team. Given it's a game we should have won, you have to win close games in order to give your team confidence late in games. Go Bills!!!
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

I dont know about you, but i wouldnt mind a "boring" win next week.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Funny, that's what the Cincy post game radio is saying about character in the B'gal loss
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• fushetti
        President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
        • Feb 2003

i don't think this builds character. They shouldve smoked the Bengals. The Bills are better than they look. It bothers me that talent is being wasted by ineptness when it comes to coaching. If they didn't make a play late in the fourth, we lose. Ugly win, i'll take it, but any other team playing buffalo kicks our ass. Horrible execution and lack of discipline when it comes to penalties is killing this football team.
        "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
        Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• NoRing4U
          • Jun 2003

You sweated it out to the Bengals.

It's week 5, things should be somewhat clicking

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
            Let's Go Buffalo!
            • Mar 2003

The Bengals aren't that bad of a team....They've played Oakland and Pittsburgh close and beat Cleveland, who is beating Pittsburgh right now.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i think this is called "playing down to your competition".

i know the bengals are an improved team.. and are getting better, but this was in our house and we all saw the game. sloppy football all day.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

not exactly a ringing endorsement...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

This reminds me of the BS I read on Bills boards in 1999 about the "bad wins" the team had on their way to the playoffs.

It makes no sense whatsoever to me to question the value of a win. Was it ugly? Yes. Who cares- there are no bonus points for artistic wins. The Bills' win counts just as much in the standings as Miami's win or New England's win today.

Good teams find a way to win even when they're outplayed. The Bills snatched victory from the grip of defeat- it was a good win.
                  Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                    • Mar 2003

I think this game will linger on the minds of the players.

Thier confidence is shot after Miami and the Eagles.

They went to the brink vs the Bungles.

A win is a win, but wins means something.

Last year, the Pats fresh of a Super Bowl, had KC in thier house. The Pats had blown up every team they played.

Priest Holmes rushed for 180 yards on them, and the Pats won in OT 38-35.

After that, they lost 4 in a row. THe team that won the Super Bowl, and dominated thier 1st two teams, had the rug pulled out from under them.

A win is a win, but each wins means something.

As apposed to the Pats who played AFC Power Tennesse Titans and we TOOK IT RIGHT TO THEM, rushed for 165 on the 2nd ranked run defense, and held them to 50 yards rushing, with oh ya, 15 INJURED STARTERS!!!!! It could have been a bigger win too. Refs screwed us with a Troy Brown punt TD, two missed Viniteiri kicks, and Tenn only turned the ball over once. Now that......is a win!!!!

:machgun: :machgun: :badboy: :bones:
                    I'm lost.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Exactly!!!

Originally posted by Judge
                      This reminds me of the BS I read on Bills boards in 1999 about the "bad wins" the team had on their way to the playoffs.

And that season ended on a sloppy, undisciplined special teams play that caught the Bills napping!

Regular season sloppiness transfers into the post season.

Now you understand!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I agree that the losses to Miami and Philadelphia were damaging to Buffalo not only in terms of standings but in terms of team psyche. Buffalo probably should have beaten Cincinnati more convincingly, but I think the game was a net positive for Buffalo. Travis Henry seemed to regain some confidence. Afterwards it was obvious his team had a lot of admiration for the fact that he sucked it up and played through a lot of pain. That's the kind of thing that can build cohesiveness, especially on the offensive line. To pull off the win Buffalo needed some big plays. In particular they needed some clutch throws from Drew Bledsoe and terrific catches from Moulds and Shaw, but they got them! I think that makes it easier to make those clutch plays the next time they need them.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

Builds character? Huh? If anything, I think the chorus of boos at halftime had more to do with character building. These guys were EMBARRASSED!!! Their pride was hurt. A little humility once in a while doesn't hurt.
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍