PDA

View Full Version : Moulds hurt!?!

northernbillfan
10-05-2003, 05:51 PM
I just read that Eric Moulds was helped off the field with a groin pull. No word yet on how bad his injury is.

Full Story (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/10/05/sports1730EDT0345.DTL)

northernbillfan
10-05-2003, 06:36 PM
He limped off the field after the huge catch that gave the Bills field position for Henry's scoring run. I hope he's okay.

shelby
10-05-2003, 06:45 PM
i hope so too!

MTBillsFan
10-05-2003, 07:04 PM
I just saw espn primetime, they showed Moulds layin there on the ground after the game and he looked like he was in a lot of pain. They didn't say anything about it though. I hope its not bad!
GO BILLS!!

LtBillsFan66
10-05-2003, 07:05 PM
I hope it's just a cramp.

JayWood
10-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Empire after the game was talking about a possible groin strain. I hope that it is a minor one and nothing more. Thats the last thing this team needs right now

mybills
10-05-2003, 07:35 PM
My boy is JUST FINE.

I BELIEVE. Do YOU? :D

StillLurkin
10-05-2003, 07:36 PM
on the post game show, Drew said Eric told him he'll be playing next week.

mybills
10-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by StillLurkin
on the post game show, Drew said Eric told him he'll be playing next week.

:D told ya so! :up:

Typ0
10-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
He limped off the field after the huge catch that gave the Bills field position for Henry's scoring run. I hope he's okay.

correction...he limped off the field after henry's scoring run.

mybills
10-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Whatever, Typ0, he's FINE! :biggrin:

pyrrhonist
10-05-2003, 09:17 PM
In a post-game interview on Crappy Broadcasting Station, Takeo stated that Moulds is fine.

The_Philster
10-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Typ0

Yeah...he pretty much limped over to the LOS after the catch he made....but he stayed in the game...bad idea :down:

Ebenezer
10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
if Moulds is out because he got injured on the final play (Henry's TD) then gr-EGG Head should be fired. He could have kicked the FG and gotten out of there.

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
if Moulds is out because he got injured on the final play (Henry's TD) then gr-EGG Head should be fired. He could have kicked the FG and gotten out of there.

He hurt it before that play and he wanted to stay in. He probably just wanted to be on the field for the final score.

jbisset
10-05-2003, 10:13 PM
According to iwon Moulds described the injury as "a slight pull,"

http://sports.iwon.com/news/10052003/v3486.html

mybills
10-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He hurt it before that play and he wanted to stay in. He probably just wanted to be on the field for the final score.

Doesn't matter what the reason...the fact is...HE'S FINE! :up:

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 10:17 PM
I hope he is but we won't know until midweek!:)

Tatonka
10-05-2003, 10:35 PM

jesus.. the blame that people try to put on GW for everything is just amazing.

Ebenezer
10-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

who called for the block of that punt?? if GW didn't then it must have been the ST coach...and if the special teams coach called it and GW didn't override then it is still GW's fault...do you really think this guy can coach a team to the playoffs let alone the super bowl??

Tatonka
10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
who called for the block of that punt?? if GW didn't then it must have been the ST coach...and if the special teams coach called it and GW didn't override then it is still GW's fault...do you really think this guy can coach a team to the playoffs let alone the super bowl??

i dont know if he can or not.. i am just getting real tired of seeing fans blame GW for everything.

if a player got diarea, you guys would blame greg for the food that caused it.

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 10:45 PM

i dont know if he can or not.. i am just getting real tired of seeing fans blame GW for everything.

:lol: It is so true though!:)

Ebenezer
10-05-2003, 10:45 PM

the HEAD coach has final say on EVERYTHING or else he is a figure head...do you think Parcells lets his coordinators trump him?? How about Walsh?? The buck stops at GW...he is not competent enough to be an NFL head coach.

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Christ if the block would have worked it would be a great play. Christ ***** happens wether it's the coach's fault or not. No one is perfect including caoches or players or fans and it can go on and on. Can we just say we won and move on? I sure am I take every game witha grain of salt. I get po'd with a loss for a day or 2 then move on and concentrate on the next game no need to dwell.

Tatonka
10-05-2003, 10:52 PM
your knit picking.

it is almost like most of you just NEED something to piss and moan about..

guess what.. your pissing and moaning is not going to get the head coach fired..

you think TD cruises the boards to get ideas on how to run the team from a group of backseat drivers? doubt it.

it is getting to the point where i cant really even stand reading the boards that much... i just check in and see post after post about firing GW.. or GWs manboobs.. or GW not running.. or GW running a trick play in a game we won.. or blah blah blah..

the bills could win the superbowl, and all you guys would want to talk about is that you werent happy with the fashion in which they won it in.

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 10:53 PM
I agree with Eb. There was no need to run 2 more plays inside the 5. If Henry fumbled, you'd be calling for GW's head, T.

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 10:54 PM
your knit picking.

guess what.. your pissing and moaning is not going to get the head coach fired..

you think TD cruises the boards to get ideas on how to run the team from a group of backseat drivers? doubt it.

it is getting to the point where i cant really even stand reading the boards that much... i just check in and see post after post about firing GW.. or GWs manboobs.. or GW not running.. or GW running a trick play in a game we won.. or blah blah blah..

the bills could win the superbowl, and all you guys would want to talk about is that you werent happy with the fashion in which they won it in.

Amen we should all just try to be fans and not act like coaches I try to anyway!:)

Ebenezer
10-05-2003, 10:56 PM
your knit picking.

then defend GW...tell me what he has done right??

The Spaz
10-05-2003, 10:58 PM

then defend GW...tell me what he has done right??

We won!:machgun: :nbf:

Ps: have a :drunks: and relax we won for godsake's!:)

Judge
10-05-2003, 11:09 PM

Unbelievable, isn't it Tatonka?

Judge
10-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I agree with Eb. There was no need to run 2 more plays inside the 5. If Henry fumbled, you'd be calling for GW's head, T.

There are alot of variables to a good FG. I can't argue with a decision to go to smashmouth football in a goalline situation when Travis Henry has been punching the ball in every chance he's had within the 10 yard line this season.

Tatonka's right on this one.

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Judge
There are alot of variables to a good FG. I can't argue with a decision to go to smashmouth football in a goalline situation when Travis Henry has been punching the ball in every chance he's had within the 10 yard line this season.

Henry's also known to fumble a lot! I think it was more risky to punch it in. If Moulds is out for any period of time, that will prove to be true.

Ebenezer
10-05-2003, 11:16 PM
We won!:machgun: :nbf:

Ps: have a :drunks: and relax we won for godsake's!:)

see...you can't do it...

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:17 PM

Also, Judge, that's like saying there's a lot of variables on a PAT, which is about what that kick would have amounted to. What percentage pf PAT's are good? I bet it's a better percentage than Henry's carries per fumble.

Judge
10-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Henry isn't fumbling this year, is he? And he's a sure bet inside the 10 yard line.

It's a no-brainer in my book- why kick a FG when Henry knows how to get into the end zone?

Great call, GW! He won the game for us!

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Henry isn't fumbling this year, is he? And he's a sure bet inside the 10 yard line.

It's a no-brainer in my book- why kick a FG when Henry knows how to get into the end zone?

Great call, GW! He won the game for us!

He fumbled today. Did you miss that?

Judge
10-05-2003, 11:21 PM

Also, Judge, that's like saying there's a lot of variables on a PAT, which is about what that kick would have amounted to. What percentage pf PAT's are good? I bet it's a higher percentage than Henry's fumbles per carry.

Did you happen to see any of the Bucs-Carolina game earlier this year?

Staying with Henry was huge- it showed a commitment to him as the go-to RB in a critical situation, and the Bills' offense has been superb in this situation alll season (goalline smashmouth football).

The kicking game is not as easy as it looks, even if the % success rate is high- again, just look at the Bucs against Carolina (2 blocked PATs in case you didn't know).

Judge
10-05-2003, 11:21 PM

Details, details.

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:22 PM
All I'm saying is Henry has a high propensity for fumbling. I think it was an unnecessary risk.

Ebenezer
10-05-2003, 11:23 PM

twice

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Details, details.

He ran around the left side, disappeared into a pile, and fumbled it. Moulds picked it up and ran it back around the right side for a short gain.

Ð
10-05-2003, 11:24 PM
LoG is in the Kicker's Union ;)

Novacane
10-05-2003, 11:26 PM
If Moulds is out for any period of time, that will prove to be true.

Moulds was not hurt on the Henry run. He was hurt on the pass play where he was face masked. I was ready to blame that injury on Greg too then I watched sports extra. He said he was hurt when his leg caught in the turf when the guy pulled him down by the face mask.

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Sure looked like he agravated it on that play.

mybills
10-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Henry DID fumble twice today...er..yesterday...

but Eric just called me and said he's fine! :D

shh, don't tell hubby! ;)

Dozerdog
10-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Typ0

Spaz called it- It happened right in front of my seats. Must have pulled the groin when the Bengal's DB was hanging off Moulds' faceemask and Eric tried to break the tackle. He went down immediatly, and the facemask was so violent at first I thought Moulds had a neck problem.

He stayed out but didn't do much

XNOUGHT
10-05-2003, 11:36 PM
GEBUS!!!!!

If Moulds is hurt, who the #%$^@&!* is Bledsoe going to throw too!!!!!!!!

Well......you guys are playing the Jets this week, so you could send your second stringers and probebly win.

:madhop:

Novacane
10-05-2003, 11:36 PM

Was he even on the field for the last 2 runs? On the raido show they were saying that shot where he was on the ground in pain was on the sideline and that he was not in there on the last 2 plays.

I don't know??????????

Dozerdog
10-05-2003, 11:39 PM

GW didn't run into the kicker- Coy Wire did. Going for the block isn't a bad move. Coy has to realize (and GW mentioned this in the post -game press conference) that if he's not going to block the kick, he's got to pull up. Use your head out there. That's not GW's fault.

I was very unhappy that the Bills ran 2 plays and didn't just kick the damn thing in OT. Henry had 2 fumbles, one in Bengal Territory and with his Ribs getting more painful as the game wore on (Henry's own words,, post game interview) I thought it was incredibly risky. The only thing I could think of was that GW wanted to prove to his offense that they could punch it in when they needed to. But the way the Bills' luck has been, I thought it was a dumb move.

mybills
10-05-2003, 11:41 PM
He's FINE! now just shut up about it. :rock:

mybills
10-05-2003, 11:44 PM
:biggrin:

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 04:54 AM
That's how it looked to me as well.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Was he even on the field for the last 2 runs? On the raido show they were saying that shot where he was on the ground in pain was on the sideline and that he was not in there on the last 2 plays.

I don't know??????????
The radio show that said that obviously wasn't watching the game :rolleyes: He went down on the sideline but got back up gingerly and went back over for the next play.

Turf
10-06-2003, 05:21 AM
Moulds himself said he felt it pop on the facemask play.

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 07:50 AM
There are alot of variables to a good FG.

They were at the five with a running back that has a perpentcity of fumbling. The same people who cheer the move would have been the first one screaming if they had not scored. Parcells, Walsh, even Levy would have kicked on 1st down and gotten out of there.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
GW didn't run into the kicker- Coy Wire did. Going for the block isn't a bad move. Coy has to realize (and GW mentioned this in the post -game press conference) that if he's not going to block the kick, he's got to pull up. Use your head out there. That's not GW's fault.

:10:

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 08:03 AM
They were at the five with a running back that has a perpentcity of fumbling. The same people who cheer the move would have been the first one screaming if they had not scored. Parcells, Walsh, even Levy would have kicked on 1st down and gotten out of there.

Let me repeat..5 yard line...that is a 22 yard FG.

Judge
10-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Let me repeat.

Travis Henry is money in the bank inside the opponents' 10 yard-line.

The offense needed a boost to show that the coaches believed in them- Henry said it himself in the postgame interviews.

Given the circumstances, I'm all for 2 tries at punching it in for a TD. I would have kicked on 3rd down.

Judge
10-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Let me repeat.

The offense needed a boost to show that the coaches believed in them- Henry said it himself in the postgame interviews.

Given the circumstances, I'm all for 2 tries at punching it in for a TD. I would have kicked on 3rd down.

I can quote myself too, Eb.

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 12:00 PM
They were not down by 4 or more points...an easy FG wins it. No chance for a fumble...no chance for injuries...no chance the football Gods don't do something to screw it up...again, not one great coach would ever go for it in that case. This team is not an expansion franchise that can piss away wins (i.e., Houston last week)...take the win and leave.

don137
10-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Let me repeat.

If Henry is money inside the 10 why did he throw the ball against Miami instead of running it in?

lordofgun
10-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by don137
If Henry is money inside the 10 why did he throw the ball against Miami instead of running it in?

:rofl:

Judge
10-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by don137

I'm not defending that play in any way whatsoever. Don't even try that "straw man" technique that other posters have used so poorly on here to boost your argument. This is about Sunday's call, not the Miami game.

colin
10-07-2003, 12:46 PM
i dunno about that call, i think it was to get the bills a little more positive about bringing the power game.