• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beta_google
    Zoner
    • Aug 2003

List what GW did wrong

Since you all think you are experts (which you are not) and believe that Gregg Williams is awful list why you think so! I bet you I will be able to refute at least 80% of your claims.

The fact is that, you dont want to blame the players - you just want to blame the coaches.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

The team wasn't ready to play...again. Its just that simple.

My game ball goes to the training staff for getting Travis Henry ready to play. He had to be in pain.

Comment

• beta_google
      Zoner
      • Aug 2003

Real indepth there...yah...ok

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

1) the opposing team had a better game plan for us than we had for them.

2) rushing the punt that caused the roughing the kicker call.

3) not kicking the FG when you have the ball on the five in OT.

those are things that stood out to me. you can debunk them with banter have fun.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Re: List what GW did wrong

Originally posted by beta_google
          Since you all think you are experts (which you are not)

We all think we're experts but you ARE an expert. Is that how it goes? Spare me the know it all attitude. Thank you.
          Last edited by Novacane; 10-05-2003, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

I know. Come in here and ask people to do hours upon hours of research to make a decent arguement so they can sit back with their remote control and watch the highlights. Why don't you come to the table with something tangible to start the conversation if that is the type of discussion you want to have?

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

I don't like Williams as a coach because he listens to Creed.

Byrd.

Comment

• beta_google
                Zoner
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                1) the opposing team had a better game plan for us than we had for them.

2) rushing the punt that caused the roughing the kicker call.

3) not kicking the FG when you have the ball on the five in OT.

those are things that stood out to me. you can debunk them with banter have fun.
                1) Alright - what gameplan did you not like? The one that gave us over 200 yards passing and 85 yards rushing for 2 TD's?

2) That was stupid by Coy Wire

3) I tend to agree with you on this, but I do think our team needed a spark.

Comment

• beta_google
                  Zoner
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
                  I don't like Williams as a coach because he listens to Creed.
                  Oh well - what can you do!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by beta_google

1) Alright - what gameplan did you not like? The one that gave us over 200 yards passing and 85 yards rushing for 2 TD's?

2) That was stupid by Coy Wire

3) I tend to agree with you on this, but I do think our team needed a spark.

1) The one where they got so much pressure on us all the time and their offense was able to pick apart the underside of our D all throught the first half. We are lucky we got out of the half without being down by three touchdowns.

2) yeah he should not have made that play...but we should not have had him rushing aggressively like that either. We had just gotten a big stop and there was time on the clock. We should not have taken the chance plus our return game keeps flirting with taking one to the house. So I ask you...what is the rationalle for rushing the kicker? We needed our offense to take the field and be effective.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I just see us doing stupid things week in and week out. Is there no end?

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

How about this Junior.

1. Passing time after time on 1st down when we were effective running the ball. (Incomplete 2nd and 10....... Hand off to Henry when they were expecting it for no gain.........3rd and 10). THat is a specific example of lack of dedication to the run. Every time we ran the ball on first down we ended up 2nd and4 or less.......

Kevin Gilbride has no accountability for his play calling and control of the game.

2. Another lopsided T.O.P for the game. Again the lack of dedication to the run forced too many 3 and outs as opposed to longer drives albiet with less opportunity for the "Gilbride." (Homerun)

3. Up 13-6 not much time left in a climate where scoring is very difficult. WHY the hell would you try and block the punt instead of running off more clock (see point 2) and playing the field position game?

4. How about the stupid call to give the ball to Fumbalhenry two str8 times when Lindell could have iced it with the extra point?

P.S. Moulds would be minus 1 injured groin right now.
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• beta_google
                          Zoner
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Typ0

1) The one where they got so much pressure on us all the time and their offense was able to pick apart the underside of our D all throught the first half. We are lucky we got out of the half without being down by three touchdowns.

2) yeah he should not have made that play...but we should not have had him rushing aggressively like that either. We had just gotten a big stop and there was time on the clock. We should not have taken the chance plus our return game keeps flirting with taking one to the house. So I ask you...what is the rationalle for rushing the kicker? We needed our offense to take the field and be effective.
                          2) Because up untill the last drive our offense had done NOTHING on a long field. Our 2 scores where on a short field! A interception and a bad punt!

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

These were all COACHING decisions
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• beta_google
                              Zoner
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BidsJr
                              How about this Junior.

1. Passing time after time on 1st down when we were effective running the ball. (Incomplete 2nd and 10....... Hand off to Henry when they were expecting it for no gain.........3rd and 10). THat is a specific example of lack of dedication to the run. Every time we ran the ball on first down we ended up 2nd and4 or less.......

Kevin Gilbride has no accountability for his play calling and control of the game.

2. Another lopsided T.O.P for the game. Again the lack of dedication to the run forced too many 3 and outs as opposed to longer drives albiet with less opportunity for the "Gilbride." (Homerun)

3. Up 13-6 not much time left in a climate where scoring is very difficult. WHY the hell would you try and block the punt instead of running off more clock (see point 2) and playing the field position game?

4. How about the stupid call to give the ball to Fumbalhenry two str8 times when Lindell could have iced it with the extra point?

P.S. Moulds would be minus 1 injured groin right now.
                              1- We ran a VERY SORE RB 25 times for 85 yards and 2 touchdowns. Awesome if you ask me!

2- We tried the "home-run" twice and came up with nothing.

3- Because up to that point our offense had done NOTHING on a long field. Both of our scores came from SHORT fields. A Interception and a bad punt on there part were the reasons why we scored up to that point. So we decide to block the punt and get the offense the ball on a short field.

4- Extra point?? Are you drunk?? Henry fumbled once during the game and if you were at the game you would have seen the wind took it as Bledsoe pitched it. Even Bledsoe said it was not Henry's fault in the after game press conference!

*Moulds plans to play next week!

Comment

Working...
                              X