PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Ferentz

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 07:25 PM
This is the right man for the job....

Special teams
Defence
Running attack

In that order wins football games, and wins Bills fans.

I am an Iowa alum and would hate to see him go.... But to what a better place.

beta_google
10-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Uhhh...lets see!

Our special teams are fine - good game today

Our defense is one of the best in the league - 7 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles

We ran 25 times today!

Is Kirk, Gregg Williams younger brother?

Mad Bomber
10-05-2003, 07:30 PM
I too am an Iowa alum, and have had the dubious "honor" of watching some of the worst college football in history in the late '70s.

Hayden Frye turned the Sqwacks into a Rose Bowl team; Kirk Ferentz has turned a team that nobody thought was worth a damn into a really good program.

I too agree that he would be a good choice.

Bids...tell me the truth....didn't Ronnie Harmon want to make you PUKE?????

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 07:33 PM
He was a paid cheater! My wife got her masters at Ohio State so she understands as well 9Clarett)

Harmon threw that Championship game in Cleveland and somehow he never paid for it..???

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I wnet to high school with Tim Dwight and my younger sister dated his younger brother for about a year. THen she made a poor financial decision. heh.

Bufftp
10-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Great game for Hawkeyes yesterday.
I had the pleasure of watching the early81'-85s hawkeyes. I puked the day the bills drafted him.

I love the Bills but I would like to see the Hawkeyes under frentz for another 10 years. Ferentezs biggest strentgh the o-line.

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 07:38 PM
I would hate to see Ferentz leave..... only one place would I deem it acceptable. Only silver lining is that Bobby Stoops only other job he would consider would be U of I.

In Heaven there is no beer.....

eyedog
10-05-2003, 08:46 PM
I'll take any of these guys for the Bills, Stoops, Saban, Tressel or Ferentz.

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Cross out Tressel. He never did suspend Clarett, he just made it a big distraction forhis team by being hush hush about it. Whatg would he do if a Bills star murdered someone? Jus t wait until the leage handed out the suspension?

Bet me Ferentz would have benched Clarrett before the AD ever had a chance to get hishands on him. That is what I love about him. ALL team ALL of the time. No one is bigger and all parts are equal.

Bufftp
10-05-2003, 10:05 PM
that was Haydens way too.

BidsJr
10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
You got it...... but I could do without the trick plays (:

I like smash mouth football. Like what happened against Michigan the last two years!

baalworship
10-06-2003, 07:31 PM
I posted on another thread, but I agree. Kirk Ferentz would be a great choice for the Bills.

A. Head coaching experience at big college program

B. Assistant Head coach and line coach in NFL

C. His teams emphasize smart, efficient play. Iowa teams force the other team to earn their wins.

D. Under 50 and not a re-tread.

I really liked what Iowa did this weekend against Michigan. I will definitely be watching every Iowa game that I can from now on. Ferentz WILL be in the NFL next year. Hopefully with the Bills.

Mad Bomber
10-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
Great game for Hawkeyes yesterday.
I had the pleasure of watching the early81'-85s hawkeyes. I puked the day the bills drafted him.

I love the Bills but I would like to see the Hawkeyes under frentz for another 10 years. Ferentezs biggest strentgh the o-line.

Hey chaplain:

I had the distinct NON-pleasure of watching them from 77-80. However, I had the pleasure of hearing Bob Cummings (the head coach) on his show refer the the Hawks as "the best 0-7 team in the nation". LMAO!!!!!
Right after I left and went off to grad school in Louisiana, Hayden came in, and in two years the Hawks were in the Rose Bowl!!!!

Bufftp
10-06-2003, 10:58 PM
I still remember the game against Michigan State (last game of 81 season) michigan had to upset Ohio State at OSU, and we to win . The stands in nile kinnick were crazy, in the fourth qurater they kept announcing the Mich OSU score, Mich lead was getting bigger. People were going crazy, with 2 mins left they announced the final of michigan osu final. mich. did it for us. We had an insurmountal lead over msu. Sheer Joy and celebration for the two remaining minutes of the game. The gun went off and the whole stadium took to the field. It was a flood of black and gold. The players and fans stayed on the field celebrating for what seemed an eternity. It rocked!
Go Hawkeyes!!!!

Bufftp
10-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Hey chaplain:

I had the distinct NON-pleasure of watching them from 77-80. However, I had the pleasure of hearing Bob Cummings (the head coach) on his show refer the the Hawks as "the best 0-7 team in the nation". LMAO!!!!!
Right after I left and went off to grad school in Louisiana, Hayden came in, and in two years the Hawks were in the Rose Bowl!!!!
p.s. I'm glad you left IOWA and did your grad work in louisana! ;)