PDA

View Full Version : What's up with our Pass D????

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 10:44 PM
We were playing at LEAST 5 yards off the Bengals receivers ALL DAY. It's been the same thing all year long! They can dink and dunk their way down the field at will. WR screens, 5 yard outs, etc.

And I never see any adjustments. It's a dang good thing it was windy today or we would have lost that game.

Dozerdog
10-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Personally, I was fine with it.

Warrick and Johnson are real burners- and the conscious decision was made to keep everything in front of the D. Don't give up the big play and make them drive the length of the field.

Look, they only scored 1 TD in the game, and that was after we gave them a gift on the roughing the punter.

We gave them the short stuff and they took it. Personally, I thought the Bills D was very good again.

Novacane
10-05-2003, 11:20 PM
NO Pass Rush!

lordofgun
10-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Personally, I was fine with it.

Warrick and Johnson are real burners- and the conscious decision was made to keep everything in front of the D. Don't give up the big play and make them drive the length of the field.

Look, they only scored 1 TD in the game, and that was after we gave them a gift on the roughing the punter.

We gave them the short stuff and they took it. Personally, I thought the Bills D was very good again.

Liker I said...good thing it was windy! :D

juice
10-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Reese was a huge positive at FS, he played like a seasoned vet instead of a wannabe linebacker or cornerback project. :afro:Bowl Bound

John Doe
10-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
NO Pass Rush!

Exactly. If you are going to play tight you better have a pass rush, especially against quick and fast recievers.

stuckincincy
10-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
We were playing at LEAST 5 yards off the Bengals receivers ALL DAY. It's been the same thing all year long! They can dink and dunk their way down the field at will. WR screens, 5 yard outs, etc.

And I never see any adjustments. It's a dang good thing it was windy today or we would have lost that game.

I'd posted that question (DB play too conservative?) yesterday, and I received a comment from Ingtar33. Take a look at I's commentary. Not patting my own head BTW...

jdbillsfan
10-06-2003, 12:05 PM
They were playing way off, which seemed to work ok, but we were even doing it on 3 and short, which I didn't understand.