PDA

View Full Version : Why does Tom Donahoe get a free pass?

Novacane
10-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Who Drafted Mike Williams over Mckinnie who is looking damn good in Minny?
who drafted Josh Reed when we needed a DT?
who signed Sam Adams instead of John Thorton who looked pretty damn good yesterday?
Biggest of all..............who hired Greg Williams?

Just some food for thought. I still am glad we have him as GM but he does not deserve to be :hail: like some around here do.

TedMock
10-06-2003, 08:21 AM
I don't think Mike Williams is playing poorly. Campbell missed few blocks yesterday playing next to Mike but when you see the replay you realize it was Campbell, not Williams. I think Pucillo and Brown are playing poorly this year..Pucillo is just bad. At least Rueben looked better yesterday. I just don't know what to say about Reed. The guy looked great catching balls last season and I watched him quite a bit in college and all they ever talked about were how great his hands were. I was thrilled he was available. He just lost it this season and I don't get why. He's dropped at least 1 ball in every game this year. Aikman commented saying that Reed's playing "tight" and has to stop that if he's going to get over the "drops". Last year and in preseason all we hear is how he has the best hands on the team...and he did! What the hell happened?! I was hoping we'd go after Thornton too but I wasn't upset about getting Adams.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 08:26 AM
One thing I always wonder... Does TD like having a coach with minimal power? We almost have more coaches than players. It's no secret that TD makes all the personnel decisions.

Novacane
10-06-2003, 08:29 AM
I saw that the TE was responsible for 1 sack but on the other the DE just ran around Mike. He has trouble with speed rushers. I wanted Williams over Mckinnie too but in hindsite Mckinnie is playing much better than WIlliams.

On your Pucillo point I agree. Perhaps that is part of Williams problem trying to coverup for a loser next to him. I don't know why they insist on keeping Pucillo in there.

justasportsfan
10-06-2003, 08:46 AM
TD is in charge of getting the talented players. It's up to the coaches to make them gel and make them play as a unit. TD has done an outstanding job.

So far, every O that we've faced after the Jax game seems to be playing better than ours. The bengals O was more efficient than ours yesterday. Good thing Dillon was out and our D bailed this team out of what could've been a loss. Last year , for the most part the O was taking care of this team. It's the complete opposite.

TigerJ
10-06-2003, 09:00 AM
Personnel issues are always somewhat subjective. I understand and agree with most of the decisions TD made on the guys you listed, Fairway. McKinnie was making noises about not liking Buffalo. He has a world of talent but seemed to bring a lot of baggage in terms of attitude. Given that they were pretty evenly rated and Mike Williams had the far better attitude, I thought TD made the right choice. I think TD opted for Adams rather than Thorton because he thought Adams was the kind of player who could make Pat Williams more effective. Adams ties up blockers. Thus far Adams hasn't had great numbers, but Pat Williams has been a monster. I don't think that's a coincidence. Josh Reed was a first rouind talent available in the second round, his sophomore slump not withstanding. He'll work through the slump and be fine.

Turf
10-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Who Drafted Mike Williams over Mckinnie who is looking damn good in Minny?
who drafted Josh Reed when we needed a DT?
who signed Sam Adams instead of John Thorton who looked pretty damn good yesterday?
Biggest of all..............who hired Greg Williams?

Just some food for thought. I still am glad we have him as GM but he does not deserve to be :hail: like some around here do.

You make some good points. :attn:

Dozerdog
10-06-2003, 09:31 AM
...and people would have been screaming about how awful TD would have been with McKinnie holding out for 10-12 games to start the season.

Mike Williams will be just fine.

Historian
10-06-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Given that they were pretty evenly rated and Mike Williams had the far better attitude, I thought TD made the right choice.

Great point. That's what sold me on Big Mike. he just wanted to play ball. He didn't care if it was for the Talahasee Warthawks.

TedMock
10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
How are the Warthawks doing this year?

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
...and people would have been screaming about how awful TD would have been with McKinnie holding out for 10-12 games to start the season.

Mike Williams will be just fine.
Bingo...and besides, considering McKinnie didn't want to be here, he might have held out longer.