PDA

View Full Version : Where's the offense?

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2003, 08:41 AM
I thought we were supposed to have a "high power" offense. Well it must've been another East Coast Blackout yesterday, because our offense just didn't show. Yes a win is a win, but overtime to the Bungles?? Please........

Drew played like crap most of the game. Holding on to the ball tool long, overthrowing wide open people, etc. Running game was better and they showed a bit more commitment to the run, but still there were no holes most of the game.

If we play like this all season, we'll be lucky to be 8-8.

I'm not even looking forward to watching JJ's video this week. There will be almost no good highlights to see. :angry:

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 08:44 AM
I guess we're missing Peerless, Centers and JR.

I'm not saying we should have re-signed any of them, but I knew the offense would not be nearly as potent as last year.

I'm more concerned about our D. Man they have to step it up.

mikemac2001
10-06-2003, 08:46 AM
more screens im sick of seeing De's just run up field towards drew screens have worked anytime we have used them i know that wont make our offense awesome but damn throw them in here and there....get pass rush to slow down a little to give time for deeper passes...and run the ball more.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
more screens im sick of seeing De's just run up field towards drew screens have worked anytime we have used them i know that wont make our offense awesome but damn throw them in here and there....get pass rush to slow down a little to give time for deeper passes...and run the ball more.

I actually saw a draw play. I couldn't believe it. It picked up some yards too.

I would like to see some more screens, play action, and draw plays.

TedMock
10-06-2003, 08:54 AM
If the receivers would hold on to the ball we wouldn't even be discussing this. Bledsoe made some poor throws in the first half but things could've looked alot better without 4 drops in that same half. He got better as the game went on but there was definitely a time or two that he held on too long. I can't blame the OL collapses on him though. There are times when he can't even step up to throw. I did like the "attitude" drive at the end of the game by mostly running and short passes. We needed a drive like that desperately. The offense can't keep coming alive in the second half like it's done the last two weeks. They have to be ready in the 1st quarter. That's what's driving me nuts. I thought the defense looked good. They only allowed 6 points going into the 4th quarter but then the Coy Wire penalty puts them right back on the field with great field position for Cincy. They were just worn down at that point plus Cincy only had to march a very short way. The D came up huge in OT so that was a nice gut check.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 07:47 PM
How about more agility on the O-line? Denver has one of the lightest O-lines in the NFL, but traditionally run the ball very well. A little more speed and a little less bulk and we'd be much more effective running the counters, traps and other misdirection-type plays.