PDA

View Full Version : Remodelling with Sam Adams

Dozerdog
10-06-2003, 09:22 AM
My buddy Chuck-

His brother in law is a house painter and when Sam Adams was signed and moving to Buffalo he got a phone call to do some remodelling of a house for him.

Going to the house to write up the job, he remembered working on this home 5-6 years previous- as it was owned by Bills DT Ted Washington.

Apparently Ted still owned it, but was going to sell it to Adams. Adams had directed to have wallpapaer removed, have rooms repainted, even knock down and reconfigure a few walls. He signed the contracts to get the work done.

6 weeks later, upon completion- Sam (in the middle of training camp) is not around to pay the bill. After numerous phone calls and a call to an attorney- (and the end of camp) Sam calls this guy back all apologetic and tells him to stop by to issue the check. As a token gesture, He gives him an authentic autographed Bills jersey (see the swap zone for details).

Turns out one of the reasons he didn't pay right away is that Adams NEVER OWNED Ted's house, buying another instead! The guy remodeled a house he never owned!

:lolcry:

stuckincincy
10-06-2003, 11:02 AM
:lolcry: An A+ and go-to-the-head-of-the-class for Adams.

mybills
10-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Speaking of Sam Adams, I took my son to have lunch & watch the game. There was a cardboard beer ad on the table, & it was for Sam Adams Light. My son said, "Mom, Sam Adams isn't light."

:rofl: