PDA

View Full Version : Thought for next year - Winfield.

NC-BILLS44
10-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Why not move Winfield to FS and bring in a bigger CB? We know what a great tackler Winfield is, why not use that to move him to FS. He doesn't have to be that big, like a SS. He would also be playing centerfield and making some picks. What do you guys think?

IHateTheDullphins
10-06-2003, 10:09 AM
no way. He's way too small, and he's highly regarded around the league as a CB, and that's where he belongs. He's not the best cover corner in the league but his is very good, so it just wouldn't be a smart move.

Tatonka
10-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Why not move Winfield to FS and bring in a bigger CB? We know what a great tackler Winfield is, why not use that to move him to FS. He doesn't have to be that big, like a SS. He would also be playing centerfield and making some picks. What do you guys think?

that is an absolutely great idea..

unfortunately, it will never happen.

he has hands like thomas smith too, so i would be ok with just seeing him go and replacing him with someone who is capable of making an interception.

it is funny, because people (fans) blamed is low pick totals on the fact that teams didnt throw at him much. well they threw at him all day yesteday, as is evident by his 11 solo tackles. he never came close to even getting a pass break up, let alone a pick.

i think fans just make him out to be something he is not.

he is a great tackler. a ok cover guy, and has horrible hands.

Pride
10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Winfield will be gone next year. He isnt a CB, he is a small outside linebacker. His coverage skills are terrible, and he is getting slower and slower.

Wake me up when he gets his first INT.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Winfield will be gone next year. He isnt a CB, he is a small outside linebacker. His coverage skills are terrible, and he is getting slower and slower.

Wake me up when he gets his first INT.

Terrible?

Pride
10-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Terrible?

Did I studder? Yes, his coverage skills are terrible. Everytime a ball is thrown his way, he is 1-2 steps behind, or if he is close, he cannot make a play on the ball because he is out of position (behind, or too short).

Give me a shutdown coverage corner over an overrated "tackler" anyday.

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2003, 11:44 AM
I like Winfield's tackling skills, but I wish he wouldn't have to tackle so much all the time. He allows his man to catch the ball, most of the time for 1st downs, and then he tackles the guy. What good does that do? They're moving the chain!! We gotta break up more passes.

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
I really like Winfield but he has to improve or I will be in favor of a Charles Woodson or a Champ Bailey!

NoRing4U
10-06-2003, 12:01 PM
And people on here were saying Winfield was a shutdown corner ;).

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Did I studder? Yes, his coverage skills are terrible. Everytime a ball is thrown his way, he is 1-2 steps behind, or if he is close, he cannot make a play on the ball because he is out of position (behind, or too short).

Give me a shutdown coverage corner over an overrated "tackler" anyday.

What about Clements? He gave up a lot of plays too.

colin
10-06-2003, 12:21 PM
clements gets burned cuz he gambles a bit, but he does not get lit up much at all. He also gets the big plays for scores, and can hit very well aswell.

Winfield would make an outstanding slot nickle back, but he will prolly get too much money for that.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Damn you guys amaze me.

Pride
10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Damn you guys amaze me.

Why? because we know what we are talking about?

If you watch the games, after a completion, you consistently see Winfield as the guy on the coverage... and usually he is on the ground, or out of position. I dont think I saw him make a single pass breakup yesterday.