• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Big Fat Mike Williams

this kid is struggling bad.

he was thoroughly owned by Ogun in miami.. and then Clemons ate him alive yesterday for 3 sacks and at least 3 more pressures that i saw.

mike got pushed around like a rag doll.

all that talk about the probowl can stop immediately. this kid is in the toilet bowl.

is the new Oline coach to blame? mike seemed to play a bit better last year.

i have no confidence in him right now though. just ugly out there..

and dont you blame a single one of those damn sacks on pucillo.. although he is not good, all the sacks were on mike, and mike alone. outside speed rushes. not inside stunts.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

really wishing we would have grabbed roy williams at this point.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

I think we all thought big Mike Williams was going to be great, but know i really do agree we should've drafted Roy Williams.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

I think Mike's gonna be fine. Actually, 2 sacks were on Campbell. I was screaming at Mike twice and when watching the replay I saw Campbell getting beat. I specifically remember 2 on Campbell and one on Jennings. I don't remember the 4th sack though.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

ok.. so if, according to your description of the blocking scheme, campbell is supposed to be blocking a DEFENSIVE END alone.. who the hell was williams supposed to be blocking?

i can go for campbell should be helping mike, but to say that the two sacks are on him is crap.

mike is a first round pick.. a VERY HIGH, WELL PAID first round pick. he should be able to block a chump like clemons ALONE... WITHOUT help from the tight end.

i am not buying that...

on a passing play, mike williams should be blocking the defensive end that is on his side.. that was clemons for three sacks... so he is getting blamed.

it is alot more likely that campbell was getting beat because mike wasnt doing his job well and campbell was trying to pick up the slack, which even the best tes cant do all the time.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

If Campbell's lined up next to the tackle, the DE is on Campbell's outside shoulder.....2 man spots away from the tackle. I'm not saying that Williams is having a stud year but Campbell got beat on two sacks yesterday. Williams can't abandon his area to go after the guy on the outside of the TE. That would leave a huge hole even closer to the QB. Williams has to form a pocket in that situation and look to the inside first if there's a stunt or if the guard is getting beat or if there's a LB blitzing his hole. Then he looks to the outside provided there's nobody playing on him. Don't forget he's in his 2nd season. Many OT's struggle for a year or two before becoming great. Remember Ballard? He was awesome after 2 years of aggrivation. You could just see the talent but also see some stupid mistakes. Mike will be fine.
            Last edited by TedMock; 10-06-2003, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

All I know is Duane Clemons of all people had 3 sacks yesterday and that is unacceptable!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

maybe your right ted.. but i know for a fact that i saw mike getting beat on the last sack bledsoe took..

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Cleamons has 3 sacks - 2 in a row down by bill's EZ - bills off. play call maybe a contributor there?...

I can't imagine an NFL team who wouldn't want Mike on their squad...along with a less-confused RG.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    maybe your right ted.. but i know for a fact that i saw mike getting beat on the last sack bledsoe took..
                    that's who the last sack was on. I didn't see that one (getting a beer). I did hear the groans in the other room so I knew he was sacked.......again.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

I must be thinking of a different sack but I remember a sack in my end zone in which the pressure clearly came from the left side because my eyes were on Pucillo and Williams the whole play.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

Just got done watching the tape. I counted four times where Pucillo was blocking air and looking around for someone to block. I mean, he wasn't engaged with ANYONE!!! The play Phil is talking about, the pressure did eventually come from the left side. However, Pucillo was beaten straight up by his guy, and he blocked him sideways into Williams, who was coming back to help with the blitz pick-up. Right after that, Williams gave Pucillo the major ass, right directly in front of us.

The line has troubles, most of which begin with the letter P.
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Tom Donahoe's first mistake as Bills President maybe is the mistake that will cost us a Super Bowl this season or in the near future. Mike Williams might be good at pancakes, but anything else he is terrible. We should have chose Bryant McKinnie from Miami. The guy hasn't allowed a sack in High School, college and NFL. He held out half the season last year for Minnesota and yet, when he came back noone got thru him.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                            Tom Donahoe's first mistake as Bills President maybe is the mistake that will cost us a Super Bowl this season or in the near future. Mike Williams might be good at pancakes, but anything else he is terrible. We should have chose Bryant McKinnie from Miami. The guy hasn't allowed a sack in High School, college and NFL. He held out half the season last year for Minnesota and yet, when he came back noone got thru him.
                            Not even a real option since he made it known before the draft he didn't want to be in Buffalo.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                              that is absolutely incorrect.. he allowed a sack in his very first game in the nfl.. and i am positive that he has allowed more since.. everyone does..

know your facts though.. i watched his first game with my own eyes and saw him give up his first sack, because the out of shape, greedy ass POS held out for the half the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X