PDA

View Full Version : I , for one, am glad they ran it in at the end

Earthquake Enyart
10-06-2003, 10:18 AM
1. Starts building confidence in the short yardage running game.

2. I have Henry in my FFL here. :snicker:

IHateTheDullphins
10-06-2003, 10:22 AM
I agree, TH said that it was the players decision to go for the TD, and maybe that was what we needed to get back on track.

TedMock
10-06-2003, 10:26 AM
I agree. Henry ran in with 2 arms wrapped around the football. We desperately needed to build a little confidence in the OL. If we don't get in on 2nd or 3rd then we kick a field goal and win. All this "what if" crap is killing me. People are questioning EVERYTHING that is GW now and it's getting out of hand. Hey what if we go for the field goal on first down and it's blocked? Then everybody screams how we should have ran 2 more plays. The people in Houston are loving Dom Capers last week for going for the win. I honestly believe that if we did that and got same result (a win) several Bills fans would be screaming for GW's head and saying that "we should've kicked it and gone into OT". Cincy has played every game tough this year and whether or not people want to admit it, they're not an "easy win" any longer. They have an adequate QB and an outstanding WR tandem. Don't forget Marvin Lewis who's one of the best defensive minds in the NFL. Hey, I'm not sold on GW but can we be any more un-happy with a win? I loved the fact that we tried to pound it in so that we can leave on an even more positive note. TD's make you feel better than FG's do. The OL really needed that and it could end up making a huge difference going forward. Henry wasn't going to fumble that ball. He dropped one earlier and you can see how he had 2 arms wrapped around it going through the line.

Tatonka
10-06-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I agree. Henry ran in with 2 arms wrapped around the football. We desperately needed to build a little confidence in the OL. If we don't get in on 2nd or 3rd then we kick a field goal and win. All this "what if" crap is killing me. People are questioning EVERYTHING that is GW now and it's getting out of hand. Hey what if we go for the field goal on first down and it's blocked? Then everybody screams how we should have ran 2 more plays. The people in Houston are loving Dom Capers last week for going for the win. I honestly believe that if we did that and got same result (a win) several Bills fans would be screaming for GW's head and saying that "we should've kicked it and gone into OT". Cincy has played every game tough this year and whether or not people want to admit it, they're not an "easy win" any longer. They have an adequate QB and an outstanding WR tandem. Don't forget Marvin Lewis who's one of the best defensive minds in the NFL. Hey, I'm not sold on GW but can we be any more un-happy with a win? I loved the fact that we tried to pound it in so that we can leave on an even more positive note. TD's make you feel better than FG's do. The OL really needed that and it could end up making a huge difference going forward. Henry wasn't going to fumble that ball. He dropped one earlier and you can see how he had 2 arms wrapped around it going through the line.

great post.

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

i benched him in a money league for Onterio smith.. ugh.

Novacane
10-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

great post.

I benched him in my pay league too. I did not think he was going to play.:madcurse:

Novacane
10-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
All this "what if" crap is killing me. People are questioning EVERYTHING that is GW now and it's getting out of hand.

I agree with you and I don't like GW. He is being ripped here and in the Buffalo news for having a punt rush on? Give me a break. They are acting like he called another trick play. Anyone critisizing him for that one just hates him and wants him to fail.

Fat Tony
10-06-2003, 10:59 AM
I have no problem with the punt rush- can't stop being aggresive- Wir ejust has to be smarter, that's all.

The run at the end- I'm not going to say it's a risky proposition, the odds arre still in the Bills' favor in scoring on the TD run.

But the odds are more on your favor just kicking it and eliminating any poteential issues.

TedMock
10-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Exactly. You can't blame the coach for Wire doing something taught not to do to 5 and 6 year old's in little league. That was just a stupid, stupid play on Wire's part. They all make stupid plays at times so I'm not going to hold it over his head for the next 3 years as long as he fixes it. I think other than that he's played well on ST's.

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Originally posted by Tatonka

that clinches it...you are never allowed to criticize any of my football analyses again...Onterrio Smith??

...I have Henry also

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
I have no problem with the punt rush- can't stop being aggresive

13-6, it is the 4th quarter and the Bills are at home...Not one national sport figure that I have heard as defended going for the block. You maintain to prevent the fake, get the ball back and kill time.

Ð
10-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Damn Canadians :shakeno:

Captain gameboy
10-06-2003, 11:50 AM
I fully support the run decision.
The Bengals were absolutely on their heels and the one thing this team needed was to be able to jam the ball in the endzone. Weird things happen on windy day field goals, even when the wind is behind your back. Remember the Oilers attempt in the comeback game?

I think this thread is the emergence of the silent majority.

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 06:20 PM
I agree as well. Yeah, it could have been dangerous given Henry's fumble history but it was a good calculated risk, IMO. It paid off rather well both on the scoreboard and hopefully for Henry's confidence.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Running Henry down there was poetic justice. They'd abandoned the run for so long that the players were losing faith in the system. Once that happens, execution of the game plan becomes sloppy, with the players just going through the motions.

As for Wire's brain fart, even Tasker and Criqui were questioning why the COACHING STAFF would call such a play at that time. They were HARSH on GW for being talked into trying it at that time. I have to side with Tasker on this one.