PDA

View Full Version : Thrashers' Snyder dies six days after wreck

northernbillfan
10-06-2003, 01:06 AM
Atlanta Thrashers centre Dan Snyder died tonight.

I looks like Danny Heatly will now face vehicular homicide charges stemming from the crash.

Its a sad day in hockey right now. Thoughts going out to Snyders family and the Thrashers organization. (I'd pray but I'm not religeous)

Full Story from NHL.com (http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2003/10/153862.html)

SABURZFAN
10-06-2003, 07:06 AM
it's unfortunate for all parties involved.i was shocked when i saw it on the ticker at work.

Myers57
10-06-2003, 10:27 AM
I hope this doesn't ruin Heatleys career altough it is partially his fault...

Ð
10-06-2003, 11:03 AM
NorthernBillFan & I were chatting about this last night.

Look up Edmonton Oilers Head Coach Craig McTavish.

Craig was convicted of vehicular homicide when a young woman lost her life in an accident in which Craig was driving while under the influence. Craig was sentenced to serve jail, and missed the 84-85 season, and circumstances surrounding the accident made it impossible to continue his career in Boston.

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 11:41 AM
This one just went from bad to worse...hope they only find the weather and excessive speed at fault...

ATLANTA — All-Star Dany Heatley will face more serious charges after the death of Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dan Snyder, who never regained consciousness following a horrific car crash. Snyder died Sunday night at Grady Hospital, the team said, six days after sustaining massive brain injuries in the wreck. He was 25.

Dany Heatley (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/thrashers/2003-10-06-snyder_x.htm)

SkateZilla
10-06-2003, 11:49 AM
We Can Wave Bye Bye to Dany Heatleys Future,
He'll Be Playing for the FPL, Federal Prision League

Makaveli
10-06-2003, 01:03 PM
you know it makes me wonder... why would anyone wanna throw away their life, what did driving 130 on a 2 lane road accomplish for Heatley? I hope he is damn happy, I was a fan of Heatley's before but this was just pointless and idiotic! R.I.P. Dan Snyder :candle:

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli
you know it makes me wonder... why would anyone wanna throw away their life, what did driving 130 on a 2 lane road accomplish for Heatley? I hope he is damn happy, I was a fan of Heatley's before but this was just pointless and idiotic! R.I.P. Dan Snyder :candle:

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but Heatles tore his acl and mcl in the crash.

I the end I
10-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli

I heard he was going 80 in a residential not 130. Whatever the circumstances my prayers go out to both families. It's unfortunate he will face charges and lose his career. I know if it was me killing my best friend in a moment of stupidity,living with it would be enough of a punishment for me. I can't even imagine the pain everyone involved feels. :sadwalk:

SkateZilla
10-07-2003, 01:46 AM
yeah it was 80 Mph, and 130km/hr. Hehe, or something along that line,

Im Guessing he lost control and Oversteered the Car,

Crap, when i drive down the interstate to goto work, i push 85-90, and there's still grannys in old pintos and what not passing me, crap someone in a Ford Windstar wanted to race me, wtf Dumb Drivers, i have Nearly 450 Hp Under My Hood, heh, (Gotta love thos intercoolers and Turbos,
heh Supra Fusion :) 3 10Lb Tanks of NOS to boot,

I run 1/4 mile in 10.1 about 2 months ago (without NOS)

I just think its Funny how everyone is pointing the finger at heatley,

There are alot of variables and scenerios that cops never looked at, like a dog in the road, and cow in teh road, Rob Ray in the Road, etc etc,

to make it worse they just released that the Housing complex is Sueing him or 250,000 to Rebuild the Brick Sign he Destroyed with his car :) Ferarri :),
Not to mention Heatley is also hur worse than expected,

RestInPeace Snyder,
RestInPrision Heatley,