PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown

Tatonka
10-06-2003, 11:57 AM
looked like he almost took one to the house yesterday.. the last guy got him.

i am just waiting till that game when he breaks one loose.. hopefully it will be a score that means something.. game tied or something.

wonder why dont give coleman a chance to play though.. he did pretty good in preseason too.

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wonder why dont give coleman a chance to play though.. he did pretty good in preseason too.

I'd be very surprised not to see him in the next few weeks, if for no other reason than Moulds' groin injury.

Demon
10-06-2003, 09:50 PM
You'll be waiting a long time. He had no skills, only speed. If by some miricle he breaks a few tackles, the punter will bring him down in midfield. If he gets past the punter, then a fly or a bee will knock him down.

Turf
10-06-2003, 10:23 PM
So much for the preseason. Give Vermeil credit, he nurtures players. I think this is a quality Greg is developing, just not on my time.

stuckincincy
10-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Demon
You'll be waiting a long time. He had no skills, only speed. If by some miricle he breaks a few tackles, the punter will bring him down in midfield. If he gets past the punter, then a fly or a bee will knock him down.

I noticed that McGee returned a few. I suspect he'll get the job. Too bad about Brown...

Tatonka
10-07-2003, 08:55 AM

your an awesome judge of talent. :rolleyes:

he made a couple people miss in the preseason. we dont have a better option.. if we did, hed be out there.

Demon
10-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

your an awesome judge of talent. :rolleyes:

he made a couple people miss in the preseason. we dont have a better option.. if we did, hed be out there.

He made a couple of BACKUP SPEICAL TEAMERS miss in Pre-season. Theres a little difference between first team speical team and second special team. Some of those guys on that special teams he faced are prolly cut and free agents right now although i have no prove of that, just a guess.

Look at the dude on KC Hall, hes got speed but tons of skill. If he sees there no opening, he will move annd find a hole. Brown just catches the ball, puts his head down and runs as fast as he can. Then, he trips up over the 20 yard line and falls.

muestafa1
10-07-2003, 12:43 PM
I've yet to see the return teamsopen up large holes and Brown failing to get through them. He usually has numerous people in his face upon catching the ball. Morris had a nice return several games back because there was a huge hole and he went through it... had it been Brown with the opportunity and the ball it would of been a sure TD...

Anyway... what fun is not having a "punt catcher" on the team?
:brace:

muestafa1
10-07-2003, 12:47 PM

He made a couple of BACKUP SPEICAL TEAMERS miss in Pre-season. Theres a little difference between first team speical team and second special team. Some of those guys on that special teams he faced are prolly cut and free agents right now although i have no prove of that, just a guess.

Look at the dude on KC Hall, hes got speed but tons of skill. If he sees there no opening, he will move annd find a hole. Brown just catches the ball, puts his head down and runs as fast as he can. Then, he trips up over the 20 yard line and falls.

Call me crazy but Hall might have a little thing called experience on his side...

stuckincincy
10-07-2003, 02:00 PM
As LONG as they continue to dress Brown on game day, a GUTS
NFL coach would say "wha' the h*ll, run the speedster down the sidelines for a few plays and toss 'em one in a game situation that is doesn't matter." Decoys are effective.

Get into the the other teams' def coordinator's head and give him some worry. IMHO most def coaches tend towards the scared rabbit philosophy when there is a lead...how many games have we all seen tied or lost due to the "prevent" defense?

Demon
10-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Brown would be awsome to play a on non playoff team. Sorry, but i want and think my team is good enough to make the playoffs and his poor play is not helping out any. I don't want to wait and see, we need to preform now and it will be too late.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Id take Brown over Watson anyday...

Historian
10-08-2003, 05:29 AM
He will break one later in the season. The guy's got talent.