PDA

View Full Version : For the second straight week:

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Why should he be the coach of this team...if the Bills had lost to Cincy people would be calling for his head...that is how badly they played.

I still defy anybody to tell me why he should be the Bills head coach.

Fat Tony
10-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Isn't this getting kind of tired? :deadhorse:

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony

Yes.

I don't think anyone disagrees. A lot of people, like me, realize that this would be a decision to be made at the end of the season.

Historian
10-06-2003, 12:41 PM
I personally LOVED the jacket he wore yesterday, Eb!

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Where WERE you yesterday, Eb? Even Doz...I mean, BUN-BUN stopped by to say hi to the crew!

BTW, did you think the OT bought GW an extra 15 minutes? We were counting it down!

Ð
10-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Extra 15 minutes...You're on to something...hmmmm....

Ebenezer
10-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Where WERE you yesterday, Eb? Even Doz...I mean, BUN-BUN stopped by to say hi to the crew!

BTW, did you think the OT bought GW an extra 15 minutes? We were counting it down!

We got there about 12 and Eb Jr wanted to go right into the stadium. We passed your car but you were not there. We took off right after Henry scored and passed it again but you guys must have been in the stadium. We had someplace to be at 5:30.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
We got there about 12 and Eb Jr wanted to go right into the stadium. We passed your car but you were not there. We took off right after Henry scored and passed it again but you guys must have been in the stadium. We had someplace to be at 5:30.

We forgive you....THIS TIME!!!

BTW, I still haven't come up with a good reason to keep GW around. (Getting back on topic.)

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 08:09 PM
We got there about 12 and Eb Jr wanted to go right into the stadium. We passed your car but you were not there.

Yeah...we swung over to the Pinto to meet up with Voltron and his sister-in-law. They both did their shots. Ally did a second. Mikey wussed out.

Stewie
10-06-2003, 09:15 PM

I still defy anybody to tell me why he should be the Bills head coach.

1. Gregg does not call offensive plays. The ineptitude of the playcalling is what is hurting us most. Throwing from the shotgun 100% of the time from 3rd and 4 or less is so rediculous its laughable. Gilbride should not even be allowed in the stadium on Sundays IMO.

2. Other teams' coaches and players always say that the Bills came prepared to play.

3. We're 1-1 in the division and 3-1 in the AFC.

4. The offense (esp playcalling) has been terrible for 3 weeks now, but we've been in all 3 games, with opportunities to win in the 4th quarter.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 09:52 PM
1. Doesn't the HC have power of veto over what goes into a game plan?

2. What do you expect them to say? "They stunk up the place?"

3. Our opponents in those three wins are a combined 5-10

4. But we continue to make the same mistakes. That includes continuing to play Reed in the #2 spot, and keeping Pucillo at RG.

Those are just quick answers to quick questions. Big Picture? GW refuses to accept any of the responsibility.

Turf
10-06-2003, 10:20 PM
If I did shots with Greg before the game, he couldn't coach any worse.

Stewie
10-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
1. Doesn't the HC have power of veto over what goes into a game plan?

2. What do you expect them to say? "They stunk up the place?"

3. Our opponents in those three wins are a combined 5-10

4. But we continue to make the same mistakes. That includes continuing to play Reed in the #2 spot, and keeping Pucillo at RG.

Those are just quick answers to quick questions. Big Picture? GW refuses to accept any of the responsibility.

1. Yea I agree completely, that GW should stand up to Gilbride and take away playcalling responsibility.

2. I think that they wouldn't go out of their way to lie and say the bills were prepared. I think if Buffalo wasn't prepared, they just wouldn't say anything about it.

3. Well duh. Part of the reason they're 5-10 is because we beat them. If we hadn't, they'd be 8-7. One more reason statistics suck.

4. Personally I think we should take Pucillo out, but none of us really know what Sullivan is playing like right now. As for Reed, I don't think benching him would be productive. He needs to work though this, especially from a confidence standpoint. Now that Moulds may be hurt, we need him even more.

Judge
10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony

Eb's playing the role of a former poster on here!

Judge
10-07-2003, 11:28 AM
THE REASON as far as I'm concerned: The team has never quit on him. Not when the team was 3-13. Not last year, and not this year.

The players believe in him. That's why he stays. If the players show that they're running for the bus, then he must go. Otherwise, he gets the full year to be graded on.

If the team misses the playoffs, then it will be hard to justify his being the team's coach. For now, he's 3-2 this year, and can build on his success, learn from his failures, and have a chance to secure his job as the team's head coach long into the future.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Judge
THE REASON as far as I'm concerned: The team has never quit on him. Not when the team was 3-13. Not last year, and not this year.

The players believe in him. That's why he stays. If the players show that they're running for the bus, then he must go. Otherwise, he gets the full year to be graded on.

If the team misses the playoffs, then it will be hard to justify his being the team's coach. For now, he's 3-2 this year, and can build on his success, learn from his failures, and have a chance to secure his job as the team's head coach long into the future.

The lack of intensity the past couple of weeks says otherwise.