PDA

View Full Version : Officiating

L.A. Playa
10-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Watching Chris Chambers grab a jersey on James Mc Knight's touchdown and watching three Broncos blocked in the back on Dante Hall's touchdown and all the calls missed or mysterious calls during the Bills games this year tells me ther is a league wide officiating problem. Let's just hope these terrible calls do ont decide too mant more games and they will get better. This is not to say that penalties have determined the outcome of these games. They sure have changed the flow though. I hope the NFL gets on the officilas soon.

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 12:57 PM
I saw that block in the back as plain as day on The Donte Halld TD return. I think now the officials are told that Hall is an exciting player let him showoff!

L.A. Playa
10-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Denver really can not complain though. They should have either punted the ball out of bounds or out of the end zone. Shanahan had a brain freeze kicikng it to Hall in that situation. If it was Gregg Williams everyone her would be calling to castrate him. lol

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2003, 01:11 PM
The officiating does suck. In the Washington/Philly game yesterday (I think) or the Packer/Seattle game, there were pass interference calls that obviously did not happen. Any time a ball is thrown and a defender is within a mile of the receiver, the refs throw their little yellow flag.

Then again at times when receivers are clobbered before the catch, no calls.

Very very inconsistent. Are these refs still the part time ones???

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes their still part time refs!:(

Pride
10-06-2003, 01:18 PM
They need to let them play the game, like they do in college... let the players decide the game.

Someone said, if you arent cheating, you arent trying hard enough. To a point that is true... just get the flagarant stuff, or the stuff that can change the outcome of a game.

And I feel EVERY play should be reviewable if the red flag is tossed. Enough of this "its not reviewable" crap!

L.A. Playa
10-06-2003, 01:22 PM
To be honest they probably did not throw a flag on KC because they probably didnt think he would break it. When he did they all look stupid. Denver really shut them down in 2/3 of the game. They would have been better off kicking every punt out of bounds and every kick off out of bounds. They had two fumbles by their punt returner guess they could us that punt catcher back there. lol

stuckincincy
10-06-2003, 01:23 PM
:lolcry:

i've always like the hockey ref approach.

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Pride
And I feel EVERY play should be reviewable if the red flag is tossed. Enough of this "its not reviewable" crap!
Amen. :bf1:

And take away their stupid little whistles so that can't whistle plays dead before they should be. Down by contact? Let them play it out and review it later. Once you blow that whistle, everyone stops and we'll never know who really should have the ball.

Schobel94
10-06-2003, 01:25 PM
In the Cincy game, one og Henry's 11 yard runs was called back on a bogus holding call, I have the game on tape, there was never anything that even resembled holding. Also that pass interference on Moulds was bad, yeah he had his arm extended, but he never actually pushed James. The ref could not tell that becuase he wasnt in the right position. Oh well, there are always bad calls...

Pride
10-06-2003, 01:30 PM
that was called on Brown.. very obvious it was a blown call.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 10:06 PM
How about the Offensive Pass Interference on Moulds? They NEVER call Offensive Pass Interference!!!

Turf
10-06-2003, 10:14 PM
The replacement Refs were the best we ever had.

TigerJ
10-06-2003, 10:35 PM
If possible, it may be worse than last year. In the Cincinnati game the bad calls went both ways though. I'm not sure Buffalo got the worst of it, and I don't think it materially affected the outcome of the game.

mackey789
10-07-2003, 12:04 AM
AFter that call tonight in the COlts/Bucs game i am convinced the NFL is fixed. I have lost all faith in the entire league. Disgusting.

Tatonka
10-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by mackey789
AFter that call tonight in the COlts/Bucs game i am convinced the NFL is fixed. I have lost all faith in the entire league. Disgusting.

i pretty much agree with that.

MDFINFAN
10-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Actually that penalty do exist, if a d players lined up in the rear goes up and touch any of his players, it's a unsportmanlike penalty, totally crazy, I can't believe that one..