• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Video conundrum...

I imagine most of you will say yes, but I'm having a REALLY hard time justifying a highlight video this week. Yes, there's enough footage (almost unbelievably), but we played like crap, and it was just more of the same problems we've been seeing since the Miami game - not to mention much of last season...

I know a 'win is a win', but that doesn't cut it for me or for a highlight video - that performance yesterday against 90% of the rest of the league would have left us 2-3. These videos are all about emotion and how we (fans and the team) feel after a win - and this just didn't feel like a win to me. It was just more of the same old BS except fate handed us an inferior opponent - who almost took it to us WITHOUT the best player & biggest offensive weapon on their team.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Gotta go with No for this week... watching it wouldnt do anything for me... I was disappointed in most of the game... Only a true win should be worth your time.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Yeah I understand but your videos rule and will get my winning juices flowing again!:)

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Winning ugly isn't as fun as winning outright, ala NE or JAX. I would have ahrd time replaying that game over in my head, let alone watching it.

If you can't put the same passion into a hilight vid as you have in the past, then save your time and energy.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

Why not make a follies video?
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind an 'ugly' win at all - but to watch a team play so poorly, against the BENGALS (who may be improved, but are still one of the bottom 5 teams in the league..) and BARELY escape with a win.. well, its extremely disappointing to say the least.

And I appreciate all of your honesty - I was expecting 'yesses' across the board.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
              Why not make a follies video?
              You know, I honestly thought about that after last Sunday, but I came to the conclusion that I could never bring myself to go through with one... no matter how it gets.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I'm surprised at you guys! A win is a win, no matter how much we suck!

I would love to see some of the great plays, yes there was some, from this game. The people, like me, Phil, Ally, helmetguy, Voltron, EB, and others who were at the game didn't see good views of these great plays, like the forced fumble, sack, and the sweet interception. Plus Moulds and henry made nice highlight Reel plays. If you feel you can do it without losing the JJamezz quality, then I would LOVE to see it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Don't bother JJ. We played like crap this week. There's nothing from this game that would pump us up.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Yes I want to see our team kick some arse! Make it JJ please!!!!!:)

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

Hey Mikey! Remember me???? I wuz there too!!!! But, I agree with jjamezz. Not a whole lot of highlights. And I don't have enough rolaids to share with him, too!
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Ð
                        1-800-SAD-GOAT
                        • Jul 2002

I'm with NBF. It's bad enough with the voices playing in my head, but to add that game playing over & over again would cause severe mental suffering.

It'd be like going over to your pal's house & they whip out the wedding videos,
                        as in "Oh crap, I've got to go through this again without the open bar ?"

Comment

• Schobel94
                          The Sack Master
                          • Jan 2003

Hey our D played another very solid game. And while our O struggled alot early (and even late) they came through when we needed them most (unlike the last couple weeks). Thats enough to get me pumped. I dont think we played as bad as it looked. We didnt play very well, but Im optomistic. Were in a bit of an offensive slump, and even though they didnt do that great, i think psycologicaly this game may have pulled them out with a good 4th quarter and OT performence.

In short, make the damn video thats what i look forward to most. You think I actually care about the team? lol
                          Beware the sack master!

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

I know after a win were supposed have a video now we have to win in a route to justify a video I don't understad. I really like the videos if you have time to make it please do they kick serious arse!:)

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                              • Sep 2003

Yes to making videos. They rule JJ you're the ****!!!

I agree there isn't much to highlight but you could do a short song or something :) maybe Richard Cheese's version of More Human than Human . LOL
                              Last edited by BAM; 10-06-2003, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X