PDA

View Full Version : Video conundrum...

JJamezz
10-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I imagine most of you will say yes, but I'm having a REALLY hard time justifying a highlight video this week. Yes, there's enough footage (almost unbelievably), but we played like crap, and it was just more of the same problems we've been seeing since the Miami game - not to mention much of last season...

I know a 'win is a win', but that doesn't cut it for me or for a highlight video - that performance yesterday against 90% of the rest of the league would have left us 2-3. These videos are all about emotion and how we (fans and the team) feel after a win - and this just didn't feel like a win to me. It was just more of the same old BS except fate handed us an inferior opponent - who almost took it to us WITHOUT the best player & biggest offensive weapon on their team.

Pride
10-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Gotta go with No for this week... watching it wouldnt do anything for me... I was disappointed in most of the game... Only a true win should be worth your time.

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah I understand but your videos rule and will get my winning juices flowing again!:)

northernbillfan
10-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Winning ugly isn't as fun as winning outright, ala NE or JAX. I would have ahrd time replaying that game over in my head, let alone watching it.

If you can't put the same passion into a hilight vid as you have in the past, then save your time and energy.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Why not make a follies video?

JJamezz
10-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind an 'ugly' win at all - but to watch a team play so poorly, against the BENGALS (who may be improved, but are still one of the bottom 5 teams in the league..) and BARELY escape with a win.. well, its extremely disappointing to say the least.

And I appreciate all of your honesty - I was expecting 'yesses' across the board.

JJamezz
10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Why not make a follies video?

You know, I honestly thought about that after last Sunday, but I came to the conclusion that I could never bring myself to go through with one... no matter how it gets.

Michael82
10-06-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised at you guys! A win is a win, no matter how much we suck! :lol:

I would love to see some of the great plays, yes there was some, from this game. The people, like me, Phil, Ally, helmetguy, Voltron, EB, and others who were at the game didn't see good views of these great plays, like the forced fumble, sack, and the sweet interception. Plus Moulds and henry made nice highlight Reel plays. If you feel you can do it without losing the JJamezz quality, then I would LOVE to see it. :D

Mr. Miyagi
10-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Don't bother JJ. We played like crap this week. There's nothing from this game that would pump us up.

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes I want to see our team kick some arse! Make it JJ please!!!!!:)

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey Mikey! Remember me???? I wuz there too!!!! But, I agree with jjamezz. Not a whole lot of highlights. And I don't have enough rolaids to share with him, too!

Ð
10-06-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm with NBF. It's bad enough with the voices playing in my head, but to add that game playing over & over again would cause severe mental suffering.

It'd be like going over to your pal's house & they whip out the wedding videos,
as in "Oh crap, I've got to go through this again without the open bar ?"

Schobel94
10-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Hey our D played another very solid game. And while our O struggled alot early (and even late) they came through when we needed them most (unlike the last couple weeks). Thats enough to get me pumped. I dont think we played as bad as it looked. We didnt play very well, but Im optomistic. Were in a bit of an offensive slump, and even though they didnt do that great, i think psycologicaly this game may have pulled them out with a good 4th quarter and OT performence.

In short, make the damn video thats what i look forward to most. You think I actually care about the team? lol

The Spaz
10-06-2003, 03:09 PM
I know after a win were supposed have a video now we have to win in a route to justify a video I don't understad. I really like the videos if you have time to make it please do they kick serious arse!:)

BAM
10-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Yes to making videos. They rule JJ you're the *****!!!

I agree there isn't much to highlight but you could do a short song or something :) maybe Richard Cheese's version of More Human than Human . LOL

The Natrix
10-06-2003, 04:09 PM
no, don't make. It was a sad win.

Schobel94
10-06-2003, 04:16 PM
There's no such thing as a sad win, just like theres no such thing as a happy loss.

Ask yourself this JJ, would you ever consider making a highlight film where we played very well but lost????

Michael82
10-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Schobel94
There's no such thing as a sad win, just like theres no such thing as a happy loss.

Ask yourself this JJ, would you ever consider making a highlight film where we played very well but lost????

Good question..... :D

The Spaz
10-07-2003, 01:10 PM
H e did make on elast year in the opener when we lost to the Jets!:) Make the video JJ I beg of you....lol:)!

IHateTheDullphins
10-07-2003, 01:12 PM
I think there is enough plays to make one, I vote to make one!!!!
We WON the game for crying out loud.

Michael82
10-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

FINALLY! Its about time someone said this. :D

Dozerdog
10-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I think there is enough plays to make one, I vote to make one!!!!

Originally posted by Mike32282
FINALLY! Its about time someone said this. :D

I would have never guessed this optimistic statement after sitting next to you all game. You wanted everyone fired, hng, shot, and maimed.

Michael82
10-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I would have never guessed this optimistic statement after sitting next to you all game. You wanted everyone fired, hng, shot, and maimed.

That's how I get in a game, but afterwards...I calm down and enjoy the WIN! :D

justasportsfan
10-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Make one w/ whatever highlight you can come up w/ and mix it w/ Jills footage for a change.

A win is a win. This division is tight and that win is crucial.

STAMPY
10-07-2003, 04:44 PM
ya make one... personally i think the bengals are better than the jags

John from Hemet
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
JJames...

Your taking a vote?

I was WAITING for that darn thing....the thing I look forward to most after a win!...:)

Just take it as a personal challenge to make a good one with not a lot of material....

Hey our defense played well....lets put a lot of that stuff in there.......

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Make one w/ whatever highlight you can come up w/ and mix it w/ Jills footage for a change.

There you go :hi5:

Ed
10-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Can someone post a link to the video made for the jags game? I don't remember seeing it. Thanks.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Ed
Can someone post a link to the video made for the jags game? I don't remember seeing it. Thanks.

You can find them in the Billszone Gallery here (http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=11)

CanadianBill11
10-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes, I also always look forward to seeing the video so please make one.

I don't understand some of you guys. If you don't want to see it, just don't watch it.

JJamezz
10-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ed

Or check out the main page - www.billszone.com - they're all linked there in the left column.

BuffaloRanger
10-07-2003, 09:08 PM
JJamez,

I for one, along with CntryGirl really look forward to these videos. We both live in Korea, and obviously can't see the game. By the time a taped version would get here from home (10 days) the next game would have already come and gone.

Hell, because the NFL gave the radio contract to RealPlayer nobody outside of the states can even listen to the game on the internet becases of their technical problems. (They Suck!)

Yes, we get to see a few highlights on SportsCenter, but that rarely includes the big defensive plays.

In conclusion, your videos mean alot to those that aren't able to see the game in person or on TV. We do look forward to them, even after a ugly win.

JJamezz
10-07-2003, 09:41 PM
BuffaloRanger -

Thank you for that, it certainly was something I hadn't considered. Even though I had already decided to make one this week, your post proved to me that was the right decision. It's certainly the least I can do for you, Cntry and any other Bills fans overseas defending our country and rights.

:up::up:

Its finished up, and will be posted shortly!

RedEyE
10-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
BuffaloRanger -

Thank you for that, it certainly was something I hadn't considered. Even though I had already decided to make one this week, your post proved to me that was the right decision. It's certainly the least I can do for you, Cntry and any other Bills fans overseas defending our country and rights.

:clap:

The Spaz
10-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
BuffaloRanger -

Outstanding!:)

NC-BILLS44
10-08-2003, 07:47 AM
No video. Not deserved.