PDA

View Full Version : GW isnt as bad as you make him sound.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2003, 07:31 PM
i mean look at that play from the pats game....when reed dropped that trick play that coulda been a TD.....hes not the BEST but hes certanly isnt ads bad as you make him.....some of you should back off him and talk about the players not preformring im sick of see everything being played on the guy who doesnt go on the field.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Why, then, does it look like every other opponent knows ahead of time what we're going to do? Spies in the huddle? NFL espionage?

On the flip side, why do WE act so surprised at what the opposition brings to the table?

PREPARATION!!! GW is allegedly a master of it. We're still waiting...

LABillsFan
10-06-2003, 08:23 PM
His background is defense which means that his offense primarily is run by Gilbride. I know this is no excuse but let's also look at the fact that TD brought in LeBeau and Krumrie and Blakmon to help out on D and the Bills still can't get to the QB. So I don't put all of this on GW. Gilbride is the OC and QB coach, Pat Ruel who has only 2 years coaching experience in the NFL, is in charge of the Oline. It is not as talented coaching or player wise as the D and I expect short comings.

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 09:25 PM
We know all of this, but doesn't he have a lot of say in who his coaches are? And, doesn't he have the final say as to what goes into a game plan? And, doesn't he have the responsibility of making decisions during the game?

With the addition of better players on the D, wouldn't you expect a better performance-week in and week out-from the higher calibre personnel? Considering the bragadocio of this guy at his hire, wouldn't you expect something more out of him that at or below average?

Did the losing Peerless Price diminish the Offense THAT much?

I find it difficult to believe that we have not improved one iota over last season, or that we have regressed that far, simply because we have several new faces on the roster. I'm with Eb on this one. What indication do we have that GW and Co. will turn the Bills into anything other than an 8-8 contender wannbe pretender?

Ð
10-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm....bragadocio

http://www.wwf.it/ambiente/calendariobio/radicchio.jpg

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Mmmmmmmmmm....bragadocio

http://www.wwf.it/ambiente/calendariobio/radicchio.jpg

It's great in stew!

Ð
10-06-2003, 09:40 PM
My bragadocio stew is way better than your bragadocio stew!

The_Philster
10-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
It's great in stew!

Originally posted by Ð

uh-oh...I smell a cookoff :hungry:

Andrea1234
10-06-2003, 09:44 PM
very true :)

helmetguy
10-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Ð

It's on now!

Ð
10-06-2003, 10:05 PM
:rofl:

http://www.chefmorimoto.com/Images/morimoto-iron%20small.jpg

You goin' down, sucka

Don't make me put on my steel long johns

LABillsFan
10-07-2003, 12:25 AM
As far as I was concerned before the season started I looked at the team the coaching staff the schedule and came up with 9-7 as the record with a possible wildcard playoff spot. So no I am not suprised at the fact this is an average team. The Bills had no D last year they addressed that area. I am not a Henry fan, I didn't think that much of Gilbride to begin with and the Oline was not addressed and wasn't planned on being addressed until next year.

So where the illusion that this team was any better than that stems from fans wanting it to be and from the potential the team has shown but is unable to do consistantly. The Bills are still one year away from making a statement game in and game out, but at least there is a foundation to build on and only a few players are needed for the next level.

Not like 2 years ago when they gutted the team, and had so many rookies starting, not like last year when there was a little money to spend but not as much as was needed and not like this year where there was more money to spend but not to the extent of addressing every area in need. But like next year when there will be a ton of money to spend to get better players and keep the wanted ones here.

SABURZFAN
10-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
hes not the BEST but hes certanly isnt as bad as you make him.....

he's a bigger idiot than you tend to believe.

helmetguy
10-07-2003, 07:34 PM
You're correct, LA, that we didn't have much of a D last year. Bringing in the guys we did, we should be better by default in that area. With the self-proclaimed defensive master strategist GW in the top spot, and bringing in Krumrie and LeBeau, the unit should be better by the factor of a magnitude. That is where the higher expectations came from. Instead, we've taken steps back on the O-line, the running game, and the overall consistency of the defense. I've said it time and again, there has to be some underlying reason why the team keeps making the same mistakes week after week. Where is the "teaching" and "coaching" that were the hallmarks of GW and his hand picked experts?