PDA

View Full Version : Is Drew getting a free ride during this drought?

BillsFever
10-07-2003, 01:54 AM
Everybody wants to whine about Gregg Williams over the last few weeks, but what about Drew?

Williams has this defense playing great but our offense is failing us. Drew Bledsoe has looked like a healthy Rob Johnson the past few weeks.

I think the root of our problem right now has been the terrible play by Drew and our lack of running game.

Of course nobody can ever blame Drew. That's not allowed in Buffalo.

northernbillfan
10-07-2003, 02:48 AM
You can't lay all teh blame on one person. Williams has been a scape goat for the past couple of seasons and I have been against that all along.

Drew needs to be given a good smack upside the head for the way he has been playing all this time. He is far too focused on Eric Moulds. I have watched several plays this season where Drew clearly had open receivers, but couldn'tt ake his eye off of Moulds.

It's time for Drew to refocus his sights. The pocket has been the strongest it has been in a long time, and he needs to see the whole field. He's too myopic right now.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 03:12 AM
No one's giving Drew a free ride but when the players play like they don't care, which they have at times the past few weeks, it's all on the head coach.
We had a running game on Sunday, BTW.

northernbillfan
10-07-2003, 04:49 AM
How can you justify saying that Williams is responsible for the players actions on the field?

That's ludicrous. Each man is responsible for his own actions in the game. Spikes can't blame anyone else but himself. When Reed drop those passes, it's not Williams fault, it's Reed's. Etc, etc, etc.

When Drew can't get the ball to the receivers cleanly, then he needs to work harder in practice. I'd have him and the whole team on two-a-days!!!

whiteboy
10-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Drew is the 5th highest rated passer in the AFC right now. His passer rating is about 84 or so I believe. He has had no run support except for last Sunday, and has had to make up for way the hell too many holding and false start penalties.

Also, what do you think his rating would be if he didn't have all those droped balls the last two games?

locked in on Moulds? Maybe? but do you really blame him? Reed has dropped more than he's caught.

shelby
10-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Two words: Bobby Shaw.:D

Drew hasn't looked comfortable to me, although he has had more time in the pocket. He isn't a mobile QB, we all know that.
However, i will agree that he spread things around nicely in the game vs. Cincy. Dropped passes were a factor, and some of the passes were overthrown.

He may not be the greatest QB in the league, but we could do a :angry: of a lot worse. He is a good leader, and that is important.

:gobills:

SABURZFAN
10-07-2003, 07:33 AM
you can't blame bledsoe for the WR's dropping passes.i'm not saying that bledsoe has done no wrong but let's not forget that we had rob johnson not too long ago.

mybills
10-07-2003, 07:59 AM
I still think Drew is Rob's twin brother! :snicker:

Jan Reimers
10-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by whiteboy
Drew is the 5th highest rated passer in the AFC right now. His passer rating is about 84 or so I believe. He has had no run support except for last Sunday, and has had to make up for way the hell too many holding and false start penalties.

Also, what do you think his rating would be if he didn't have all those droped balls the last two games?

locked in on Moulds? Maybe? but do you really blame him? Reed has dropped more than he's caught.

You are are absolutely right, wb. Drew has been fine. Our running game has been a disaster in our two losses and the first half Sunday, and Josh Reed's hands have turned to stone. Shaw and even Henry have dropped easy balls, too.

And the D was horrendous against the run against Miami and Philadelphia. Drew has certainly had his less than stellar moments, but this team has far bigger problems than him.

colin
10-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
You are are absolutely right, wb. Drew has been fine. Our running game has been a disaster in our two losses and the first half Sunday, and Josh Reed's hands have turned to stone. Shaw and even Henry have dropped easy balls, too.

And the D was horrendous against the run against Miami and Philadelphia. Drew has certainly had his less than stellar moments, but this team has far bigger problems than him.

this post, and the one it quotes are correct.

i know a lot of you homers don't even watch football.

BillsFever
10-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by whiteboy

Rob Johnson had some high QB ratings too.

justasportsfan
10-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Drew is a god....... or was that egad :scratch:

eyedog
10-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Yes we are giving him a free ride alright. Is this the same qb who got them into fg range to tie the game and then brought them down to win in ot ? The qb thats is playing with no running game, poor offensive line, one legit threat at wr, one average wr, and one that drops every other ball thrown to him, an oc that is clueless on how to call a game, and a headcoach who may be one of the worst gameday coaches of all-time. Some of you people are clueless.

BillsFever
10-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
Yes we are giving him a free ride alright. Is this the same qb who got them into fg range to tie the game and then brought them down to win in ot ? The qb thats is playing with no running

If he wouldn't have stunk the place up the first 3 quarters he wouldn't have had to try and bring us back. The opportunities were there in the 1st half. Drew just missed them.

If our defense doesn't shut them down in the 2nd half we don't have a chance of winning.

BillsFever
10-07-2003, 12:41 PM
We have 3 TD's in the last 3 games. Drew is just lighting it up.

justasportsfan
10-07-2003, 12:53 PM
If you took away his longest and shortest passes , we wouldn't be having this conversation :rolleyes:

eyedog
10-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
If he wouldn't have stunk the place up the first 3 quarters he wouldn't have had to try and bring us back. The opportunities were there in the 1st half. Drew just missed them.

If our defense doesn't shut them down in the 2nd half we don't have a chance of winning.

But he did bring them back to win didn't he. Or doesn't that matter ? The way that game was played there are a handfull of qb's that would have won that game and guess what, we have one of them.

BillsNick
10-07-2003, 01:17 PM
BillsFever has got to be the most negative poster online today! You would think we were 0-5! c'mon guy!

BillsFever
10-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
BillsFever has got to be the most negative poster online today! You would think we were 0-5! c'mon guy!

Should I try and make myself think our starting QB has been playing great for the sake of not being negative?

Wraith
10-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Wow, I completely disagree, I think Bledsoe has been playing very well (with the exception of the Miami game). The last two weeks he's been spreading the ball around great, hasn't tried to force anything or made stupid throws that resulted in interceptions, and hasn't made many bad throws to open receivers. It's not his fault that everyone was dropping stuff on Sunday.

Against Miami, he played like crap, and committed every error in the book, but the last two weeks, and the first two weeks, he's played fine, and great at times.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
How can you justify saying that Williams is responsible for the players actions on the field?

That's ludicrous. Each man is responsible for his own actions in the game. Spikes can't blame anyone else but himself. When Reed drop those passes, it's not Williams fault, it's Reed's. Etc, etc, etc.

When Drew can't get the ball to the receivers cleanly, then he needs to work harder in practice. I'd have him and the whole team on two-a-days!!!

As far as play execution, I've always put that on the players. But when I don't see a real desire like we had the first few games, I blame the head coach.

SABURZFAN
10-08-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

Rob Johnson had some high QB ratings too.

yeah...but what was his record in buffalo????

that's what i thought.

Halbert
10-08-2003, 03:44 AM
Drew is overrated and the media gives him a lot of attention because he is white.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Well FWIW, my take on the national media's view is that Bledsoe has fallen into the "Ddeer in the Headlights" catagory. Up to him to change that.

EclecticPoet
10-08-2003, 01:19 PM
You guys are complaining about Drew?!?!

This is seriously f'ed up. Seriously.

I'm ashamed of being a Bills fan reading idiotic posts like this. If you're going to be ignorant, become a Dolphins fan.

Unbelievable.

rsmithgi
10-08-2003, 01:30 PM
I love it. Substitute 'Jay Fiedler' for 'Drew Bledsoe' and you have a thread on finheaven.com.