PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone...

elltrain22
10-07-2003, 09:50 AM
:louie:

Isn't Jevon Kearse a free agent after this year? Is anyone optimistic about Kearse signing with the Bills in the offseason since Greg Williams drafted Kearse, and since the bills need a pass rusher (besides Schobel). I really don't know how much cap room we have anyway, and i also know we gotta sign Antoine Winfield. Anyone that could shed some light would be appreciated.

Go Bills!!!!!

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if he's a free agent for sure but this is his 5th year in the laegue so I'd say it's likely.

snow1989
10-07-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't think Kearse has signed a new contract yet....he would be an asset if healthy....I'd be a bit leery until he passed all the physicals with that bone-grafted foot of his..however if he's good to go then we should take a stab at getting him

L.A. Playa
10-07-2003, 04:13 PM
He is definitely a free agent and the Bills would have enough money to sign him

HenryRules
10-07-2003, 04:14 PM
I may be mistaken, but it seems that every year since we hired GW, I've heard rumours that Kearse is a free agent the upcoming offseason and we're gonna get him (during 2002 I heard this at places and during 2001 I heard it).

I'm not saying your wrong because I have no idea at all whether or not he's a FA. I'm just saying that I'm not gonna get too excited about any FA until after the Super Bowl.

L.A. Playa
10-07-2003, 04:15 PM
he is definitely a free agent and unless the titans want to gut their roster they will not have enough of money under cap to resign him

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 05:15 PM
The way they are talking on the Titans board I belong to, this IS a contract year for him.

STAMPY
10-07-2003, 05:20 PM
kearse will prolly resign... i'd love to have him tho

Tatonka
10-07-2003, 05:31 PM
this is kearse contract year...

he will probably be tagged..

seems all the fans are wanting and assuming that GW will not be brought back after this year.. so kearse is not going to be coming here because of any connections.

TigerJ
10-07-2003, 05:32 PM
There are a lot of questions in the way of Bufalo signing him.

1. Is he unhappy in Tennessee?

2. What will his asking price be?

3. What kind of cap room will Tennessee have?

4. Can and would Tennessee use a franchise or transition tag on him if they can't sign him before free agency?

5. The health question already alluded to.

I don't have answers to any of those and because answers will be hard to come by for all of them, I'm not going to worry about it for a while?

venis2k1
10-07-2003, 06:07 PM
I remember reading an article on this before the season started. Kearse said something like "unless i get a new contract before the season starts, i might start looking at other teams" then the Tits gm said something like "Do we give him a contract based on something he did in 1999?". Kearse was offeneded by this.

venis2k1
10-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww crap. I just did some checking and Kearse's agent is none other than our old friend, Drew Rosenhaus.

Historian
10-07-2003, 06:32 PM
One stiff from Tennessee is enough, IMO.