PDA

View Full Version : No. 21.....RunningBack........Willis MaGahee!!

IHateTheDullphins
10-07-2003, 11:22 AM
The pressure to run will become even greater in the coming weeks, when rookie Willis McGahee is ready to play. Last week, the Bills said McGahee was more than 90 percent recovered from his knee injury. He is eligible to practice after this Sunday's game against the Jets. That means he's likely to begin practicing a week from Wednesday.

After McGahee begins to practice, the Bills have 21 days to decide whether to play him this season. He's going to play, most likely after two weeks of practice. So there's a good chance he'll be in uniform when the Bills travel to Kansas Cityon Oct. 26.

Donahoe didn't draft McGahee to sit around and watch. The Bills need to find out if he's close to the player he was at Miami. If he is, they'll have two solid, healthy running backs. Gilbride will really have his hands full then.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20031007/1049863.asp?tbd1049863.asp

This is gonna change things. Imagine......and the Bills come out of the huddle......double-wide set...what's this?......they are in a split back formation with Travis Henry to the left and.......yes...it is Willis MaGahee to the right ladies and gentilemen..........Bledsoe drops back...NO it's a delayed hand off to Magahee...he cuts left...he cuts right....and he could.......go.......all......the.......way....TOUCHDOWN BILLS!!!

LtBillsFan66
10-07-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm all for McGahee playing once he's ready.

IHateTheDullphins
10-07-2003, 11:31 AM
90% is prit-near gosh-darn close!!!!

Demon
10-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm all for McGahee playing once he's ready.

Me too. I wasn't at first but right now our season looks like it needs a huge spark or all the signs and hype we had in the off-season was for nothing. McGahee needs to play once hes healthy.

RedEyE
10-07-2003, 11:44 AM
A spark is right......but I'm not sure that Gilbride will know what to do with him once he has him.

ryven
10-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
A spark is right......but I'm not sure that Gilbride will know what to do with him once he has him.

I agree with you there, but do think GW is finally putting his foot down?

RedEyE
10-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ryven

I agree with you there, but do think GW is finally putting his foot down?

I think that one of two things happened during halftime of the last game. Either Gilbride finally adjusted, or (like you said) Williams put his foot down behind closed doors. I'm still having trouble trying to decide which of the two is more likely to have happened.

I would like to think that GW had enough sense to realize the run was working in the first half, despite Gilbride's stubborness to stick with the pass. So GW forced the adjustment. I don't know, really ?

IHateTheDullphins
10-07-2003, 11:55 AM
I hope GW sets things straight! WM may be the spark that ignites this team!!!!!

dolfan
10-07-2003, 12:19 PM
YOU BILLS FANS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF DREAMERS YOUR TEAM NEEDS ALOT MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING BACK ... THEY NEED HEART SOMETHING BELDSOE NEVER HAD OR HAVE ... NOW THAT MOULDS IS BANGED UP WE'LL SEE WHAT HE CAN DO EVEN WITH WHAT HIS NAME IS RB MCGA HEECRAP :violin:

BillsNick
10-07-2003, 12:20 PM
I would love to see those two in the same backfield!!! I don't think opposing Defenses would like it as much though!

The Natrix
10-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by dolfan
YOU BILLS FANS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF DREAMERS YOUR TEAM NEEDS ALOT MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING BACK ... THEY NEED HEART SOMETHING BELDSOE NEVER HAD OR HAVE ... NOW THAT MOULDS IS BANGED UP WE'LL SEE WHAT HE CAN DO EVEN WITH WHAT HIS NAME IS RB MCGA HEECRAP :violin:

As much as I respect Dolphin fan's opinions, I have to disagree. If Willis can live up to the hype, it would improve the offense greatly.

The Natrix
10-07-2003, 12:31 PM
YOUR TEAM NEEDS ALOT MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING BACK

This is pretty ironic considering Fin fans were crying about not having a RB for years

elltrain22
10-07-2003, 12:32 PM
I am so ready to see what Willis can do, but i don't want him to be rushed back too soon. I really don't care if this ticks off Travis, simply b/c this is a team sport, and Travis should welcome the idea of another solid back in the backfield, rather than worry about his carries and his status in the NFL.

IHateTheDullphins
10-07-2003, 12:54 PM

First of all...QUIT YELLING!!!

Second of all, that kind of post is strikingly similar to a steaming pile of poop, if what you intend to do is make a fool of yourself, then good job!:up:

And if that's all you have....:bigwave:

BillsNick
10-07-2003, 01:19 PM
I think WM gains 100 yards in his first game!!!!! (propbably not but it's nice to be a dreamer)

dolfan
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
I think WM gains 100 yards in his first game!!!!! (propbably not but it's nice to be a dreamer) LIKE I SAID DREAMERS !!!! OH BY THE WAY BILLS SUCK
:redgun:

rsmithgi
10-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

If Willis can live up to the hype, it would improve the offense greatly.

I couldn't have said it better myself. The hype surrounding McGahee actually increased after his knee injury. He suddenly became a can't miss prospect. Do people need to be reminded that McGahee is not a lock:
1. Not all great college backs have the same success in the pros. (see Kijana Carter, Tim Biakabatuka, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Rashaan Salam, etc, etc, etc.)
2. McGahee only started one season and that was only because the starter was hurt.
3. Edgerrin James is still struggling to return to form two years after a less severe injury. Numerous others never returned to form.

None of this means McGahee won't be a great back (in fact I'm planning to pick him up in my fantasy league). I just suggest you watch him for a few games before reserving airline tickets to Hawaii or Canton.

If McGahee does return to form he could be a nice upgrade for the Bills because the middle of their o-line is weak and their current RBs don't have the speed to get to the corner. That is why their running game is struggling a little. A healthy McGahee will be faster than Travis and should help that line.

LarryBoy
10-07-2003, 01:51 PM
LIKE I SAID DREAMERS !!!! OH BY THE WAY BILLS SUCK

Dont feed the troll!!!

Ill be rooting for him!

HenryRules
10-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by rsmithgi
2. McGahee only started one season and that was only because the starter was hurt.

I agree with most of what you said ... but to hold this against McGahee is unfair. First, Miami produces an NFL first-round RB every single year right now (Portis last (actually I think he was a 2nd, but still ROTY I believe), McGahee this, Gore next). To hold it against him that he came from a great school is not right. Second, Portis would most likely have backed up Gore if he came back.

IHateTheDullphins
10-07-2003, 01:59 PM
The hype is based on this guys physical ability and running power. He's got a great combination of speed, size, power, and agility. How can he not make an impact?

ryven
10-07-2003, 02:00 PM
I dont know about gore he just got injured again he may be picked in the late rounds.

HenryRules
10-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ryven
I dont know about gore he just got injured again he may be picked in the late rounds.

I thought it was only a sprain and he'd play next game. He sprained the knee earlier in the year and played the next game as well.

TedMock
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
I think Gore tore his other ACL. That's brutal.....both knees 1 year apart but modern medicine is amazing so we'll see.

BillsNick
10-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Gore is out again?!? man that really sucks!! bad luck for those Miami backs.

HenryRules
10-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
I think Gore tore his other ACL. That's brutal.....both knees 1 year apart but modern medicine is amazing so we'll see.

Wow, I didn't know that ... no way will he make the 1st now ... he'll be lucky to get drafted (I know McGahee went in the first, but he at least basically finished a season as the starter).

ryven
10-07-2003, 02:22 PM
he may have only sprained it but the last I heard the verdict was still out. He has caught the injury bug.

The Spaz
10-07-2003, 02:23 PM
He tore his ACL and is out for the year!

venis2k1
10-07-2003, 02:58 PM
"Miami running back Frank Gore will miss the rest of the season with a torn ligament in his left knee."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1629270

BTW shockey was the ROY last year. Even though Portis was CLEARLY better.

rsmithgi
10-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

I agree with most of what you said ... but to hold this against McGahee is unfair. First, Miami produces an NFL first-round RB every single year right now (Portis last (actually I think he was a 2nd, but still ROTY I believe), McGahee this, Gore next). To hold it against him that he came from a great school is not right. Second, Portis would most likely have backed up Gore if he came back.

I'm not holding it against McGahee. Merely making a case that there are questions about him (especially with the knee). As I said, that doesn't mean he won't be a great back. The local media has already contracted with a sculptor to prepare his bust for Canton.

Just a bit premature.

rsmithgi
10-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
The hype is based on this guys physical ability and running power. He's got a great combination of speed, size, power, and agility. How can he not make an impact?

Two possibilities:

Read my list of other RBs that were as highly touted out of college.

He has had an extremely serious knee injury. Ask E. James about guaranteed returns from injury. He was the best RB in the NFL for 2 years. McGahee was the best RB in college for 1. Time will tell about his NFL impact.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
As much as I respect Dolphin fan's opinions, I have to disagree. If Willis can live up to the hype, it would improve the offense greatly.

Can he play RG?

Dozerdog
10-07-2003, 06:22 PM
LIKE I SAID DREAMERS !!!! OH BY THE WAY BILLS SUCK

The Miami Dolphins..... 1/2 a game less sucky than the Bills

Bmax
10-07-2003, 06:51 PM
look for the bills to use the bye wwek before they activate willis unless there is an injury.. i say nov 9 vs dallas is his first game ....He will need the work in practice to get in game shape and they want to see how the knee holds up .. if it swells or not...

Ron C.
10-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Gilbride plans to use McGahee as a decoy in the backfield.

:rolleyes:

IHateTheDullphins
10-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by rsmithgi

Two possibilities:

Read my list of other RBs that were as highly touted out of college.

He has had an extremely serious knee injury. Ask E. James about guaranteed returns from injury. He was the best RB in the NFL for 2 years. McGahee was the best RB in college for 1. Time will tell about his NFL impact.

Ask Jamal Lewis.

The_Philster
10-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Ask Jamal Lewis.

Or Ki-Jana Carter. Goes both ways.

JSP™
10-08-2003, 05:51 PM

Ask Jamal Lewis.

I agree. Bench Pucillo and the running game will mystically be better.