No. 21.....RunningBack........Willis MaGahee!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

No. 21.....RunningBack........Willis MaGahee!!

The pressure to run will become even greater in the coming weeks, when rookie Willis McGahee is ready to play. Last week, the Bills said McGahee was more than 90 percent recovered from his knee injury. He is eligible to practice after this Sunday's game against the Jets. That means he's likely to begin practicing a week from Wednesday.

After McGahee begins to practice, the Bills have 21 days to decide whether to play him this season. He's going to play, most likely after two weeks of practice. So there's a good chance he'll be in uniform when the Bills travel to Kansas Cityon Oct. 26.

Donahoe didn't draft McGahee to sit around and watch. The Bills need to find out if he's close to the player he was at Miami. If he is, they'll have two solid, healthy running backs. Gilbride will really have his hands full then.

This is gonna change things. Imagine......and the Bills come out of the huddle......double-wide set...what's this?......they are in a split back formation with Travis Henry to the left and.......yes...it is Willis MaGahee to the right ladies and gentilemen..........Bledsoe drops back...NO it's a delayed hand off to Magahee...he cuts left...he cuts right....and he could.......go.......all......the.......way....TOUCHDOWN BILLS!!!
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I'm all for McGahee playing once he's ready.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

90% is prit-near gosh-darn close!!!!
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
        I'm all for McGahee playing once he's ready.
        Me too. I wasn't at first but right now our season looks like it needs a huge spark or all the signs and hype we had in the off-season was for nothing. McGahee needs to play once hes healthy.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

A spark is right......but I'm not sure that Gilbride will know what to do with him once he has him.

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
            A spark is right......but I'm not sure that Gilbride will know what to do with him once he has him.
            I agree with you there, but do think GW is finally putting his foot down?

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryven

I agree with you there, but do think GW is finally putting his foot down?
              I think that one of two things happened during halftime of the last game. Either Gilbride finally adjusted, or (like you said) Williams put his foot down behind closed doors. I'm still having trouble trying to decide which of the two is more likely to have happened.

I would like to think that GW had enough sense to realize the run was working in the first half, despite Gilbride's stubborness to stick with the pass. So GW forced the adjustment. I don't know, really ?

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                New and Improved!!
                • Aug 2003

I hope GW sets things straight! WM may be the spark that ignites this team!!!!!

Comment

• dolfan
                  Junior Zoner
                  • Sep 2003

YOU BILLS FANS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF DREAMERS YOUR TEAM NEEDS ALOT MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING BACK ... THEY NEED HEART SOMETHING BELDSOE NEVER HAD OR HAVE ... NOW THAT MOULDS IS BANGED UP WE'LL SEE WHAT HE CAN DO EVEN WITH WHAT HIS NAME IS RB MCGA HEECRAP

Comment

• BillsNick
                    • Jul 2003

I would love to see those two in the same backfield!!! I don't think opposing Defenses would like it as much though!

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dolfan
                      YOU BILLS FANS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF DREAMERS YOUR TEAM NEEDS ALOT MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING BACK ... THEY NEED HEART SOMETHING BELDSOE NEVER HAD OR HAVE ... NOW THAT MOULDS IS BANGED UP WE'LL SEE WHAT HE CAN DO EVEN WITH WHAT HIS NAME IS RB MCGA HEECRAP
                      As much as I respect Dolphin fan's opinions, I have to disagree. If Willis can live up to the hype, it would improve the offense greatly.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

YOUR TEAM NEEDS ALOT MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING BACK
                        This is pretty ironic considering Fin fans were crying about not having a RB for years

Byrd.

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

I am so ready to see what Willis can do, but i don't want him to be rushed back too soon. I really don't care if this ticks off Travis, simply b/c this is a team sport, and Travis should welcome the idea of another solid back in the backfield, rather than worry about his carries and his status in the NFL.
                          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                            New and Improved!!
                            • Aug 2003

First of all...QUIT YELLING!!!

Second of all, that kind of post is strikingly similar to a steaming pile of poop, if what you intend to do is make a fool of yourself, then good job!

And if that's all you have....

Comment

• BillsNick
                              • Jul 2003

I think WM gains 100 yards in his first game!!!!! (propbably not but it's nice to be a dreamer)

Comment

Working...
                              X