PDA

View Full Version : A few players need to be sent a message.

The Natrix
10-07-2003, 01:23 PM
1. <b>Antonio Brown</b> - I am by no means giving up on him, so here is my proposal: FOR THE JETS GAME ONLY - Put Nate Clements on punt returns and put him with Brown on kick returns. Even if Clements breaks 2 for TDs it is only for one game because he is to valuable a CB to risk out there for the rest of the season. Putting Clements in there will help in a few ways: It will send a message to Antonio Brown that there other players on this team that are capapble of returning kicks. Your job is not safe. It will also prove that a returner does not need great blocking all the time to be effective. Moves, feel and instict are just as important as speed. Look at Dante Halls last return. Speed had little to do with the success of that run. Also, if he is willing, he can learn a few things from Clements. Although Coleman and McGee looked promising in the preseason as return guys, I would rather try the Clements idea first, letting Brown play for a stretch after the Jets game to try and prove himself. If his game has not changed by about week 10 or so, I say try McGee and/or Coleman. I just think Putting Coleman and/or McGee in right now would damage his confidence and make him bitter. He needs a tutor, not a replacement (yet).

2. <b>Josh Reed</b> I am a big Josh Reed fan and I think he will eventually be a solid #2, but as of right now he needs to be completely benched for one game. Do not even have him play a down.

Depth Chart for Jets game:

Moulds
Shaw
Coleman
Aiken
Brown

unless Coleman or Aiken have a breakout game, ease him back into the depth for the Washington game at #3. This is where he thrived last year. if he can turn it around, he will be back at #2 before he knows it.

IMO, it worked with Reese for Pierson. I thought Reese played decent. I am a big supporter of mixing it up. It works in all sports at all levels

stuckincincy
10-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
1. &lt;b&gt;Antonio Brown&lt;/b&gt; - I am by no means giving up on him, so here is my proposal: FOR THE JETS GAME ONLY - Put Nate Clements on punt returns and put him with Brown on kick returns. Even if Clements breaks 2 for TDs it is only for one game because he is to valuable a CB to risk out there for the rest of the season. Putting Clements in there will help in a few ways: It will send a message to Antonio Brown that there other players on this team that are capapble of returning kicks. Your job is not safe. It will also prove that a returner does not need great blocking all the time to be effective. Moves, feel and instict are just as important as speed. Look at Dante Halls last return. Speed had little to do with the success of that run. Also, if he is willing, he can learn a few things from Clements. Although Coleman and McGee looked promising in the preseason as return guys, I would rather try the Clements idea first, letting Brown play for a stretch after the Jets game to try and prove himself. If his game has not changed by about week 10 or so, I say try McGee and/or Coleman. I just think Putting Coleman and/or McGee in right now would damage his confidence and make him bitter. He needs a tutor, not a replacement (yet).

2. &lt;b&gt;Josh Reed&lt;/b&gt; I am a big Josh Reed fan and I think he will eventually be a solid #2, but as of right now he needs to be completely benched for one game. Do not even have him play a down.

Depth Chart for Jets game:

Moulds
Shaw
Coleman
Aiken
Brown

unless Coleman or Aiken have a breakout game, ease him back into the depth for the Washington game at #3. This is where he thrived last year. if he can turn it around, he will be back at #2 before he knows it.

IMO, it worked with Reese for Pierson. I thought Reese played decent. I am a big supporter of mixing it up. It works in all sports at all levels

Interesting post. But Aiken would have to come up from the practice squad. Maybe they might consider Bobby Shaw for returns, altho, since Moulds is questionable, they might not want to risk the exposure. I'think rookie Terrence Mcgee will be tapped for the duty.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Like stuckincincy said, Aiken is on the practice squad. Who do we cut for a game to make the roster spot needed for Aiken?
Originally posted by The Natrix

Difference being that you're saying bench Reed entirely. Pierson was still in the mix, just not starting.

HenryRules
10-07-2003, 04:35 PM
With Moulds not 100% this week (if he plays) I don't think we want to bench Reed entirely. That would mean that potentially Drew would have 2 receivers he hasn't thrown to since preseason among his top 3 while he's minus his #1 threat. No QB (or offense) should be expected to succeed in that sort of situation.

The Natrix
10-07-2003, 04:44 PM
ok, fine, forget Aiken. Use Reed only if neccessary.

Drew's a good passer, he will find you if you're open. Even though he hasn't played much in the regular season, I really don't see how Coleman could do worse than Reed.

But your right, if Moulds doesn't play, Reed definitely needs to be in there and have his biggest game of the season(not that he has had a big game yet).

L.A. Playa
10-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Aiken is on the active roster he has been inactivated every week

RedEyE
10-07-2003, 05:09 PM
I like Clarance Coleman in place of Josh Reed. he looked pretty decent in pre-season.

The Natrix
10-07-2003, 05:11 PM
hopefully the coaches are thinking along the same lines I am and that is why Aiken was activated. I hope it isn't a case of Moulds being out.

The Natrix
10-07-2003, 05:21 PM
He is not on the practice squad:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.cfm

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by pmacla

:doh: :ontome:

Billzz
10-07-2003, 05:22 PM
We have some short ass recievers, no offense but there goes the jump ball minus molds.

Buffatexas
10-08-2003, 07:18 AM
If moulds is a no-go for sunday, we have Reed, Shaw, Coleman and Campbell....and don't forget Henry and yes....SAM GASH

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by pmacla

Hmm...didn't realize that.