PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to bryce paup?

STAMPY
10-07-2003, 04:55 PM
that guy was great... i never heard of him after that big sack season he had... i think it was like 17... did he retire... move on to different team... get hurt... is he alive...

Ð
10-07-2003, 05:06 PM
In Buffalo, Paup led the league in sacks with 17 1/2 in 1995 and was named Associated Press defensive player of the year. He left Buffalo in February 1998 to sign a five-year, $22 million ($6 million signing bonus) contract with Jacksonville.

The Jaguars released Paup in June 2000. Signed by Minnesota four days later, he had two sacks in 10 games for the Vikings. He was out of football in 2001.

Paup's final game was the Vikings' loss in the NFC Championship Game; the previous season, the Jaguars lost in the AFC Championship Game. He missed the Bills' Super Bowl run by two years and the Packers' Super Bowl title by two years.

Paup, wife Denise and their four children live on a 71/2-acre spread just outside De Pere. They moved to Buffalo for one year but have lived in Green Bay since 1996. Paup recently started a home-building construction company with his brother-in-law.

"If the Packers don't want me in the building or anything like that, that doesn't matter to me," Paup said. "I don't need a big fanfare. I'm living in town and would like to retire as a Packer.

"People look at me kind of funny sometimes. They say, 'I should know you, your face is familiar.' I say, 'Oh, really,' and just keep walking. I could kind of care less.

"Green Bay's a big town but it's not too big. I got a nice church and found a nice school for my kids. It's just a nice place to live."

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/aug02/63952.asp

STAMPY
10-07-2003, 05:13 PM
thx for info... i think he should have retired a bill, his best year was here!!! i also think bruce should get opportunity to retire a bill!!!

Ð
10-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Yeah, but he wanted to wear a cheesehead & work at the Quilted Northern factory.

d1220
10-07-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Yeah, but he wanted to wear a cheesehead & work at the Quilted Northern factory.

Can't forget the Mardi Gras napkins....also made in GB.lol

Ð
10-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Merde gras = fat *****

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
thx for info... i think he should have retired a bill, his best year was here!!! i also think bruce should get opportunity to retire a bill!!!

I'm sure BRUCE will be doing just that after this season. Get re-signed by the Bills for a day and then retire, just like Thurman and Andre did.

STAMPY
10-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Merde gras = fat *****

I'm going to New Orleans in January!!! to party WOOOOOOOOOO