PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed.....

RedEyE
10-07-2003, 05:34 PM
....that Ricky Williams takes his helmet off on the field, to straighten his hair every other play? Isn't that still a penalty?

It seems that the hypocrisy of NFL officials has grown 10 fold this year. From Moulds spinning the ball in game one (something I noticed Bengals WR C. Johnson do last week) to the odd call against the Bucs last night forcing the game winning field goal (I see players landing on each other after kicks each week).

Disgustipatex
10-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Referees have been absolutely terrible this year. But I've wondered the same thing, why Ricky doesnt get penalized for that. Maybe he has special permission? I hear that they wont let players wear bandana's under their helmets anymore, which is what they used to do.

The funny thing was, Marion got a 15 yard taunting penalty for doing the same ball spinning thing Nate Clements did after the interception..With no call.

The Spaz
10-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I think you can spin the ball but it can't be at an opposing player in a taunting manner.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Referees have been absolutely terrible this year. But I've wondered the same thing, why Ricky doesnt get penalized for that. Maybe he has special permission? I hear that they wont let players wear bandana's under their helmets anymore, which is what they used to do.

The funny thing was, Marion got a 15 yard taunting penalty for doing the same ball spinning thing Nate Clements did after the interception..With no call.
They can still wear skull caps though, as long as they are in the team's colors.

Originally posted by The Spaz
I think you can spin the ball but it can't be at an opposing player in a taunting manner.

Yeah, but that winds up being a judgement call. Like with Moulds' penalty. He spun the ball and the defensive player just happened to be standing there. I doubt it was meant to be taunting.

RedEyE
10-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

They can still wear skull caps though, as long as they are in the team's colors.

Yeah, but that winds up being a judgement call. Like with Moulds' penalty. He spun the ball and the defensive player just happened to be standing there. I doubt it was meant to be taunting.

I think that the rule should be more cut and dry. The current rule confuses the players and the officials. It should either be a penalty or not.

The_Philster
10-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I think that the rule should be more cut and dry. The current rule confuses the players and the officials. It should either be a penalty or not.

I just don't think it should be called unless it was blatant taunting.

NoRing4U
10-07-2003, 06:28 PM
They should let guys do cartwheels for all I care.

I don't recall Ricky taking his helmet off when he's on the field, unless maybe during a TO.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 08:35 AM
I thought they changed the helmet-off rule in some fashion, after CLE lb Rudd's "fling of fame" that cost 'em a win vs. KC.

Mr. Miyagi
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
I don't understand how spinning the ball is taunting. Are people offended by spinning objects? :scratch:

And the Ricky helmet thing, he doesn't take it off to showcase his ugly face. He's just straightening out the hair out of his face. No big deal.

LtBillsFan66
10-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I don't understand how spinning the ball is taunting. Are people offended by spinning objects? :scratch:

And the Ricky helmet thing, he doesn't take it off to showcase his ugly face. He's just straightening out the hair out of his face. No big deal.

They should allow taunting and endzone dancing. Who cares? It makes it more fun. It makes you get more fired up when you see the opposing team celebrating.

BillyGoatGruff
10-08-2003, 10:35 AM
I like the taunting. Only softees are offended by taunting. Whoever thinks taunting should not be allowed is gay.

helmetguy
10-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
They should let guys do cartwheels for all I care.

I don't recall Ricky taking his helmet off when he's on the field, unless maybe during a TO.

You wouldn't admit it if he DID do it!