PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Goalie Fiasco Continues

SkateZilla
10-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Sats from the Preseason

Miller finished with a 1.91 GAA while Biron posted a 2.32 GAA. Noronen allowed three-and-a-half goals per game in the three contests he played in.

Source:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/280/sports/Sabres_still_left_with_one_maj:.shtml?tbdSabres_still_left_with_one_maj:.shtml

Fennernen
10-08-2003, 02:33 AM
I say Noronen all the way, but I am a little biased... He is my favourite Sabre.... But still.... Come on, with a name like Mika Noronen, how can you not start him??

SkateZilla
10-08-2003, 02:38 AM
hehe,
I Say Biron-1, Miller-2, Noronen-Rochester

I Fore See a Post By Biron's Girl Soon Or Course Saying Go With Biron.. Heh

Myers57
10-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Noronen-1, Miller-2

Biron-Gone!

Rhett4NHL
10-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
hehe,
I Say Biron-1, Miller-2, Noronen-Rochester

I Fore See a Post By Biron's Girl Soon Or Course Saying Go With Biron.. Heh

Noronen would have to clear waivers to go to Rochester and that would never happen.

Rhett4NHL
10-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
Noronen-1, Miller-2

Biron-Gone!

And you are officially crazy.

Makaveli
10-08-2003, 12:37 PM
i'm still saying 1. Biron 2. Noronen...

although since everyone has been saying Mika will be sent down I was kinda lookin forward to it... Mika + rochester vs st. john's=me seeing mika play and meeting him
:rocker:

Rhett4NHL
10-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli
i'm still saying 1. Biron 2. Noronen...

although since everyone has been saying Mika will be sent down I was kinda lookin forward to it... Mika + rochester vs st. john's=me seeing mika play and meeting him
:rocker:

Let me say this again: Mika CANNOT be sent down without first clearing waivers. He will never clear waivers. So basically, he will never be in Rochester again. The only guy that can be sent down is Miller because he is on a 2-way contract still.

So for Noronen it is either Buffalo or trade...and I smell a trade coming.

Dozerdog
10-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Miller is a better goalie, but send him to Ra-ch-cha anyways until a deal can be worked out with a team desperate for a goalie mid-season

Makaveli
10-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Rhett4NHL

Let me say this again: Mika CANNOT be sent down without first clearing waivers. He will never clear waivers. So basically, he will never be in Rochester again. The only guy that can be sent down is Miller because he is on a 2-way contract still.

So for Noronen it is either Buffalo or trade...and I smell a trade coming.

lol I know that he can't, don't keep telling me, thats mainly why said Mika as #2 cuz by the pre-season performance Miller obviously should of got it (i hate to say)

Rhett4NHL
10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli

lol I know that he can't, don't keep telling me, thats mainly why said Mika as #2 cuz by the pre-season performance Miller obviously should of got it (i hate to say)

I can see Miller being sent back to Rochester in a few weeks if they can't get market value for Noronen in terms of trade (like a second round pick) or use him as filler in a package deal. Noronen will not be the number one, though, that's for sure (no matter how much people like him).

Smukdaddy18
10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Ruff already knows whos going to start, so somethings up. Obviously this close someones gonna get traded hopefully for some more scoring. I know the Avs could use Biron and trade Tanguay for him

pyrrhonist
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Lindy keeps saying he won't know until game time tomorrow. Like Rhett said, with Miller being the only one who can be sent down w/o clearing waivers, he's the only possible person who we'll see of them 3 in Rochester. That's sad, because he deserves to start the season on the Sabres' roster. Instead, Mika and Biron will get to, because they'd have to clear waivers. I hope we get one of them packaged and sent off in a trade soon.

SABuffalo786
10-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Smukdaddy18
I know the Avs could use Biron and trade Tanguay for him

Oh, I like the sound of that.

:hump:

I the end I
10-08-2003, 06:15 PM
I think it would be stupid to trade Noronen or Biron. You can't rely on miller being backup or a starter yet. I think it's highly unlikely that biron especially would be traded. The experience is on his side, and he's not a bad goalie. If any goalie is going to get traded it will be mid-season or in march. I wouldn't bet anything on it though. Give these guys a chance lets see who wants to stand out and be #1. I have a feeling Biron will snap into it and play the best we've seen him play in a long time this season.

David Deboudt
10-08-2003, 06:43 PM
You must be silly to start Noronen! He doesn't belong to the rotation, and because of the fact that he won't clear waivers, we had to keep three goaltenders.

Biron is the official #1, and Miller will keep learning how to play in the big leagues as a backup this season. He'll have to compete for the starting job and that will probably come naturally with the time.

Noronen is just a kid who wasn't able to make the jump from the AHL. He has talent but no consistency at all. He needs a change of scenery 'cause I don't see him play starter here. That won't happen, period.

THe problem is that his value is at an all time low and that's not when you trade a guy. He'll have to play some games this season to prove his value and we'll then trade him. There's no way we'll keep Noronen and Miller! We want to make the playoffs, so there won't be any STUPID decision like that!

Miller is the future and Biron the present... play with Noronen in your videogames!