• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Sabres Goalie Fiasco Continues

Sats from the Preseason

Miller finished with a 1.91 GAA while Biron posted a 2.32 GAA. Noronen allowed three-and-a-half goals per game in the three contests he played in.

Source:
    The latest news, scores, stats, and analysis on the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, and Revolution. Plus, more Boston and New England sports updates.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • Fennernen
    The Movie Quote Guy
    • Sep 2003

I say Noronen all the way, but I am a little biased... He is my favourite Sabre.... But still.... Come on, with a name like Mika Noronen, how can you not start him??

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

hehe,
      I Say Biron-1, Miller-2, Noronen-Rochester

I Fore See a Post By Biron's Girl Soon Or Course Saying Go With Biron.. Heh
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Myers57
        Registered User and McLovin stunt double
        • Sep 2003

Noronen-1, Miller-2

Biron-Gone!

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
          UltimateSabres Director of Writing Operations
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
          hehe,
          I Say Biron-1, Miller-2, Noronen-Rochester

I Fore See a Post By Biron's Girl Soon Or Course Saying Go With Biron.. Heh
          Noronen would have to clear waivers to go to Rochester and that would never happen.
          "If the gods exist, then why is the world so full of pain and injustice?"

"Because of men like you."

"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
            Noronen-1, Miller-2

Biron-Gone!
            And you are officially crazy.

Comment

• Makaveli
              #1 Noronen-Satan Fan
              • Sep 2003

i'm still saying 1. Biron 2. Noronen...

although since everyone has been saying Mika will be sent down I was kinda lookin forward to it... Mika + rochester vs st. john's=me seeing mika play and meeting him

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Makaveli
                i'm still saying 1. Biron 2. Noronen...

although since everyone has been saying Mika will be sent down I was kinda lookin forward to it... Mika + rochester vs st. john's=me seeing mika play and meeting him
                Let me say this again: Mika CANNOT be sent down without first clearing waivers. He will never clear waivers. So basically, he will never be in Rochester again. The only guy that can be sent down is Miller because he is on a 2-way contract still.

So for Noronen it is either Buffalo or trade...and I smell a trade coming.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Miller is a better goalie, but send him to Ra-ch-cha anyways until a deal can be worked out with a team desperate for a goalie mid-season

Comment

• Makaveli
                    #1 Noronen-Satan Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Rhett4NHL

Let me say this again: Mika CANNOT be sent down without first clearing waivers. He will never clear waivers. So basically, he will never be in Rochester again. The only guy that can be sent down is Miller because he is on a 2-way contract still.

So for Noronen it is either Buffalo or trade...and I smell a trade coming.
                    lol I know that he can't, don't keep telling me, thats mainly why said Mika as #2 cuz by the pre-season performance Miller obviously should of got it (i hate to say)

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Makaveli

lol I know that he can't, don't keep telling me, thats mainly why said Mika as #2 cuz by the pre-season performance Miller obviously should of got it (i hate to say)
                      I can see Miller being sent back to Rochester in a few weeks if they can't get market value for Noronen in terms of trade (like a second round pick) or use him as filler in a package deal. Noronen will not be the number one, though, that's for sure (no matter how much people like him).

Comment

• Smukdaddy18
                        • Sep 2003

Ruff already knows whos going to start, so somethings up. Obviously this close someones gonna get traded hopefully for some more scoring. I know the Avs could use Biron and trade Tanguay for him
                        What da hook gonn be?

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                          • Sep 2003

Lindy keeps saying he won't know until game time tomorrow. Like Rhett said, with Miller being the only one who can be sent down w/o clearing waivers, he's the only possible person who we'll see of them 3 in Rochester. That's sad, because he deserves to start the season on the Sabres' roster. Instead, Mika and Biron will get to, because they'd have to clear waivers. I hope we get one of them packaged and sent off in a trade soon.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Smukdaddy18
                            I know the Avs could use Biron and trade Tanguay for him

Oh, I like the sound of that.

"Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• I the end I
                              • Sep 2003

I think it would be stupid to trade Noronen or Biron. You can't rely on miller being backup or a starter yet. I think it's highly unlikely that biron especially would be traded. The experience is on his side, and he's not a bad goalie. If any goalie is going to get traded it will be mid-season or in march. I wouldn't bet anything on it though. Give these guys a chance lets see who wants to stand out and be #1. I have a feeling Biron will snap into it and play the best we've seen him play in a long time this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X