PDA

View Full Version : Would You Wear an OJ Jersey to a Game?

Historian
10-08-2003, 06:07 AM
I have seen dozens of them selling on Ebay...for hundreds of dollars each, over the past several months. Right now there are about 10 of them up for sale, most with bids on them.

Does this mean he's forgiven, or are they being purchased as a joke? Is this just people's fascination with the macabre?

Would you wear one to a game? I'm curious.

STAMPY
10-08-2003, 06:19 AM
i think its a collectors item... he was one of the all ime greats on the field. as throwback merchandise is at an all time high as a hot purchase today... ya its sad... but the publicity from the murderers has given him more attention... i personally wouldn't but others will.

Buffatexas
10-08-2003, 06:47 AM
keeping an open mind on the whole OJ thing, and I may p**s some of you off, but I see it as a massacre of justice, he was proven not guilty and no matter what we feel happened, the only living person that knows the truth is OJ. So in that, yes I would wear an OJ jersey only because he was a great Buffalo Bill. Now let me ask another question, would any of you wear a Lawrence Taylor jersey as he was found guilty of using crack, or a Jim Brown jersey on his views on race, or a Michael Pittman jersey knowing that he is a wifebeater? There are so many issues that these players have off the field and in the world of the NFL, you can be an accused murderer, a crackhead, a racist or a wifebeater and you will always get your props (and a lesser punishment) because of your accomplishments on the field.

Tatonka
10-08-2003, 07:31 AM
not a chance.

Valerie
10-08-2003, 07:55 AM
BuffTexas, I like your spin on things. And you're right about what you've said above. That being said, I still wouldn't wear one. OJ may have been a great football player back in the day, but those days are long gone.

Jan Reimers
10-08-2003, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't wear an OJ jersey to the garbage dump.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Only if NYS had a concealed carry law, givin' me a stab at protecting myself :D

Thailog80
10-08-2003, 08:51 AM
I wouldnt put that scumbags jersey on my dogs ass. It tells the world "Hey look Im a gullable moron".It also offends the Brown and Goldman families. I sure as hell know if my kid was slaughtered by OJ whoever wore his jersey would get roasted if not pummeled by me. Just MHO.

Valerie
10-08-2003, 09:38 AM
That's how I feel too, Thailog, but I didn't want to say it. I'm glad you did. I don't care that he got off, he's GUILTY in my mind! And, even if he didn't kill Nicole and Ron (I fully believe he did), he still beat her senseless on numerous occasions and hitting a girl is NEVER okay in my book! He'll get his when he dies. He'll be in hell, that I'm sure of!

L.A. Playa
10-08-2003, 09:56 AM
You know OJ gets a piece of the pie for every jersey of his that sells which probably goes directly to the brown and goldman families

IHateTheDullphins
10-08-2003, 10:42 AM
The only way I would wear an OJ jersey is if it came with some TIGHT black leather gloves and knife holder.

The_Philster
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
That's how I feel too, Thailog, but I didn't want to say it. I'm glad you did. I don't care that he got off, he's GUILTY in my mind! And, even if he didn't kill Nicole and Ron (I fully believe he did), he still beat her senseless on numerous occasions and hitting a girl is NEVER okay in my book! He'll get his when he dies. He'll be in hell, that I'm sure of!

I myself wasn't sure of his guilt or innocence until the civil trial when he took the stand and came right out and said he never hit her.....something everyone knows he did. That right there told me he was likely lying all along. He was a scum for hitting her and I, too, believe he was behind her murder as well.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 03:41 PM
In the early '70's he hung out at a joint called Gabriels Gate in Allentown, and at another joint called Mulligans on Hertel Ave.in North Bflo. Too bad walls can't talk.

kdharge
10-08-2003, 03:50 PM
I would wear O.J. Simpson jersey proudly .He put Buffalo on the National Football League map.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by kdharge
I would wear O.J. Simpson jersey proudly .He put Buffalo on the National Football League map.

Yeah. So also did Hitler, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Amin etc. put their regions on the map.

Go away and read something.

juice
10-08-2003, 04:32 PM
I thought the discussion was about his throwback, Stay focused on his onfield acheivments, and leave the investigation to the LAPD. Thats who botched the investigation, I guess we'll never know, I do know that 2000 yds behind that offensive line was probably top 5 individual stats all time in the NFL. :afro: "OJ five more"

juice
10-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Before OJ did it the 2000 yard season wasn't even a realistic goal, knowone had even heard of the rest of that team.to accomplish that on a average team makes it top three. Terrell davis ran behind one of the all time best offensive lines.

Historian
10-08-2003, 06:00 PM
I havent seen anyone wear one this year, but last year, four guys sitting all together, about 15 rows in front of us wore them.

I didn't see them get on the jumbotron, thats for sure...and they were right down front.

Jack In Syracuse
10-08-2003, 07:06 PM
I've seen one group of people near me in the stadium with them, they're either in section 126 or 127, about midway up.

LabattBlue
10-08-2003, 07:13 PM
I also saw a group of 4 or 5 at the opener al with #32 going into the lower level. Has to be the same group of guys.

BillyGoatGruff
10-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Of course I would wear an O.J. jersey. Eric Moulds beat his girlfriend. Thats not gonna stop me from wearing his Jersey . I'm not the girl's mom or anything. Football is a violent game played by violent men. You have to expect a few violent acts from them once in a while. Besides, who are we to judge O.J. The courts declared him innocent. As for the Goldman and Brown families, what do I care about their suffering. Bi deal!! Thousands of people suffer the loss of loved ones every day. Should I care for them just cause they were on TV for a bit?? Goldman's father looks like a pompass ass anyway. And his son looked kinda gay.

"Let he who is whithout sin cast the first stone"
I didn't think so.

kdharge
10-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Please you cant compare the two

BuffaloRanger
10-09-2003, 11:46 AM
How about this question...

Would you wear an aunthentic OJ throwback if it only cost $20.

That's how much all the throwbacks go for in Korea. I too have passed on the Jersey, but I may still get it. I got a Jimbo SB25 jersey, a green Hurricanes Jimbo, and a sweet Buffalo Braves Bob McAdoo.

Every bar you go into near base is filled with guys wearing these jerseys.

Voltron
10-09-2003, 11:52 AM
I saw a guy at the Cincy Game wearing and OJ Jersey!

I was kind of taken aback by it.

buffalofan72
10-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Yes

E-Klips
10-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Absolutely NOT! The guy is a killer. I suppose it would be okay if we had Charles Manson at QB too, with Jeffery Dahmer at WR?

stuckincincy
10-09-2003, 02:00 PM
Go ahead and slap me if ya like. Not directed at U, E-Klips. I shoulda used the quote function here.

I saw that cat, live, in the local bflo bars in the'70's. If U saw 'em U'd hold my opinion. Same for his USC pal Cowlings.