• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Ottawa Road Trip

My Uncle Ernie sorted out his problems last year with the Senators and is working with them as a group sales rep again.

I like the Feb 28 game vs the Sabres & I can get group seats for $25 CDN each (that's like under $20 US with the taxes, service charges etc.)

Anyway, I would imagine we would need to get these booked soon. Anyone who's interested, let me know I'll look into getting a hotel for Fri/Sat night Feb 27-28 downtown Ottawa for 20 peeps.

I'd say we can proabably put together a package for @ $150-200 US pp for hotel & hockey tix.

Details of the Senators group rates this year are as follows;

Doug

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: October 5, 2003 8:00 PM
    To: Doug & Tania Bies
    Subject: OTTAWA SENATORS Group and Fundraising Ticket Sales

I'm not sure if you got this last week so here it is again.
    There is also a 2 P.M. game on Dec 28 vs. Atlanta if you want to bring a bus down.

UnclE
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a sales representative for the Ottawa Senators, with responsibility for the Arnprior, Renfrew and parts of Upper Ottawa Valley. We are promoting Group Sales, Minor Hockey Nights, Future Sens (formerly Rink of Dreams) and Fundraising Opportunities.

I have a counterpart, Bill Yerex, who lives in Arnprior, who is responsible for season tickets and mini packages If you know someone who wants to grab a 12 pack or more let me know and I'll put you in touch with Bill. We have another sales rep. Chris Cooper who looks after the Pembroke Petawawa area.

1. Special Group Nights
    The Senators have set aside several nights to promote the "outer" market customers and have chosen Saturday, November 1, vs. Buffalo Sabres, as the Valley Night. I regret the short notice but feel there is still time to promote this night to groups. We will have more lead time next year.

2. Future Sens ( Rink of Dreams)
    On this Valley Night, November 1, Senators vs. Buffalo, Minor Hockey teams will get the opportunity to participate in our Future Sens/Rink of Dreams Program. This is a program where teams get to play a game at the Corel Centre before the Sens game. There would be 4 games played on these days at 2.00, 3.00, 4.00 and 5.00 p.m.

The Sens game will be a 7.00 start.

The way it works is that each team is responsible for purchasing 100 tickets to that night's game (200 tickets per time slot). Ticket price will be $35.00 per ticket. These are U3 tickets in the upper 3rd level, which normally sell for $40. Teams are responsible for finding an opponent and referees. Ref tickets are complimentary. Each Future Sens game consists of two 20 minute periods (running time). Kids will take the ice to Sens intro music, have a 3-5 minute warm up, and then line up on the blue lines for player introductions and National Anthem. During the game, all goals, assists and penalties will be announced and the VIA Train Horn will sound when goals are scored. All players must have a waiver form signed by a parent in order to participate. All the kids will also receive a CCM Future Sens jersey that they get to keep. You may wish to challenge another team in your league to participate with you.

We hope to fill the Valley Night with your local teams.

There are a limited number of slots for later games but they are filling fast.

3. Minor Hockey Nights

Minor Hockey nights are as follows:

Dates:

Sat. Nov. 1st vs Buffalo
    Sat. Nov. 8th vs. New Jersey
    Sat. Dec. 6th vs. New Jersey
    Sat. Dec. 13th vs. Boston
    Sat. Dec. 20th vs. NY Rangers
    Thurs. Jan. 15th vs. NY Islanders
    Sat. Jan. 17th vs. Boston
    Sat. Jan. 24th vs. NY Rangers
    Sat. Feb. 21st vs. Calgary 2 P.M start
    Sat. Feb. 28th vs. Buffalo

Ticket price is $25.00 per ticket (reg. Priced $60.00 seat - U2). This can be used as a fundraiser for the teams as they can resell the tickets. Can also be used as a team night out idea.
    Minimum sale of 20 tickets (AND CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH FUTURE SENS/RINK OF DREAMS OFFER)

4. Group Tickets
    I can provide group tickets for most regular games, with the following conditions. Minimum of 20 tickets per group for any one game. Premium games like Toronto carry a surcharge, while A games like Detroit, Montreal, Colorado would be at regular gate price. The other games would be at a special group price.

Prices for Group Sales for the remainder.
    A games* B games
    Section Gate Price Group (20+) Super Group(250+)
    Club 2 $145 $125 $100
    Reds 200 95 80 70
    U1 (B to G) 75 65 55
    U2 (H to M) 60 50 45
    U3 (N to S) 40 35 30

* Toronto, Detroit and Colorado games are Gate plus 20%. Montreal is Gate plus 10%.

Incentives will be provided to group leaders who coordinate these sales in the form of free tickets to their group game.
    * 20-50 tickets earn 2 free tickets and a parking voucher
    * 51-100 earn 4 tickets and 2 parking vouchers
    * 101-250 earn 6 free tickets, and 3 parking passes, 4 tickets to a persuasion game next year, 2 tickets to a regular season game next year and a $50 gift certificate
    * and the prizes get better after that. Rewards are cumulative so if you sell for several games you get more returns.

5. Fundraising Tickets
    Again we will provide a selection of games available for fundraising activities. We include tickets at all ranges but due to the substantial discount the group must commit to 200 tickets for any game. I know that this may be hard for any one group to achieve but I am willing to coordinate the efforts of several local groups so in working together we can achieve the goal and attain the benefits.

We will provide Generic Posters that you simply add your info to.
    Maximum allocation of 50 tickets at a time. We can courier or Express Post out additional tickets as the first allocations are paid for. Some incentive prizes for large volume sales will be provided. Tickets must be settled 3 weeks before game time.

2003/2004 Fundraising Games

Thursday Oct. 30 vs. Florida
    Saturday November 1 vs Buffalo
    Thursday November 13 vs Columbus
    Thursday November 20 vs Carolina
    Thursday December 18 vs Chicago
    Tuesday January 6 vs Tampa
    Thursday January 22 vs Pittsburgh
    Tuesday February 10 vs St. Louis
    Saturday February 28 vs Buffalo
    Saturday March 6 vs Nashville

2003/2004 Fundraiser Ticket Prices

Section Gate Price Fundraiser (200+)
    Club 2 $145 $80
    Reds 200 95 60
    U1 (B to G) 75 45
    U2 (H to M) 60 35
    U3 (N to S) 40 25

I hope we can work together to enjoy some great Senator hockey and benefit from the experience.

Thanks

Ernie Bies
    Ottawa Senators
    Regional Group Sales Representative
    Arnprior, Renfrew, Bonnechere Valley

(613) 825-2292
    e-mail biese@ottawasenators.com
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Guys here's the scoop....

I have put together a package that includes a ticket in sec 325, 326 & 327 and a room for two nights Fri Feb 27 & Sat Feb 28 at the Mariott Courtyard in Ottawa. Cost would be $135 USD per person (double occupancy) which would include a $10 donation to my daughter's hockey team. You would of course arrange your own transportation to Ottawa. If you really wanted to go on the cheap, you could triple or quadruple up on the room.

If you wanted to upgrade to better seats, I could also arrange it...I figured most would want to save money for beer & beaver tails.

Please let me know if you're interested by Monday, October 13.
    I would need a cheque money order mailed to me ASAP to confirm your room/ticket...I need a $25 US per person deposit as your confirmation received by Oct 21 & the balance would be due by Jan 24.

The hotel is a great place, right in the middle of the byward market, where all the action, bars, etc. are, so you could park your car and not worry about cabs, etc. and have a fun time for two nights.

Travel time from Buffalo 5 hours, 30 minutes
    Total Distance: 338.88 miles (per mapquest)

Comment

• Smukdaddy18
      • Sep 2003

How would we get there?
      What da hook gonn be?

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

Just to be clear, my price is assuming you provide your own transportation. Like I said, it's a 5 1/2 hour drive Buffalo-Ottawa...I'd probably reccomend taking an afternoon off on the Friday, that way you could get in at a decent hour & still do a bit of partying.

Comment

• alyson
          Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!!
          • Sep 2003

I'm jealous!

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

Folks, I just put the offer out today at work and I already have 7 confirmed !

The reason I need quick confirmation is that the inexpensive seats sell out very quickly....most will be gone in the next two weeks, even for a game that late in the season.

Comment

Working...
            X