PDA

View Full Version : Moulds listed as DOUBTFUL...

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 09:17 AM
BUFFALO POS INJURY STATUS
Sammy Morris RB Abdominal OUT
Eric Moulds WR Groin Doubtful
Sam Adams DT Ankle Questionable

www.buffalobills.com

jaja54
10-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Ouch! Could this mean the Jets get thire first win? I REALLY hope not!

Mr. Miyagi
10-08-2003, 09:33 AM
No way. I thought originally they said it's a minor injury.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Great!

The Spaz
10-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
No way. I thought originally they said it's a minor injury.

I thought they said it was too early to tell!?

LtBillsFan66
10-08-2003, 09:37 AM
It is too early to tell, but the injury report has to be out on Wed.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Well hopefully he only misses one game at most and it isn't going to be a reoccuring problem.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 09:57 AM
If Moulds is out, it will force KG to come up with another thought, giving him a total of two. :eek:

Mr. Miyagi
10-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Maybe they put him in as doubtful just to throw off the Jets. He'll play.

fabolouspaul
10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Hopefully Gilbride wont pass the ball as much this week since our best WR will be out. Run Travis at least 25 plus times if hes healthy enough!!!

ryven
10-08-2003, 11:04 AM
moulds might take off this week but I dont think he will be out for any more than that. This also might force KG to run the ball 30+ times and it will give us a look at coleman. But in all hope I hope and wish moulds a speedy recovery so he will play this weekend.

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 11:11 AM
I read that Moulds felt much better on Monday and planned on playing against the Jets.

Maybe they consider the Jets such a bad team that they're going to rest him anyway. :idunno:

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I read that Moulds felt much better on Monday and planned on playing against the Jets.

Maybe they consider the Jets such a bad team that they're going to rest him anyway. :idunno:

I hope they sit him. Groin injuries tend to be long-lived, re-occuring time and time again if rushed. Just my non-medical opinion.

SABURZFAN
10-08-2003, 11:37 AM
injuries are part of the game.someone will have to step up.

TigerJ
10-08-2003, 12:26 PM
After the game Sunday, Moulds said he would play next Sunday. He was reported walking with a noticeable limp on Monday. The team was non-committal from the start on whether he would play. Clearly, Moulds is one of the best players, if not the best player on the team. If he can't play Buffalo will miss him, but Saburzfan is right. Someone needs to step up. It would be a great time for Reed to come out of his slump. It would also be a good time for Coleman and Antonio Brown to get some reps and show hat they can do. If Moulds can't go, this is not an automatic loss!

HAMMER
10-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Groin injuries are tough to recover from, it takes more than a week. He needs to sit and let it heal up otherwise he will continue to aggravate it and be compromised for the remainder of the season. I would rather be without a 75% Moulds for one game than have a 75% Moulds for the rest of the year. It will force the Bills to band together on offense and hopefully spread the ball more. Maybe Bledsoe will look at someone else this week!

Tatonka
10-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
If Moulds can't go, this is not an automatic loss!

your right.. automatic is not the word..

inevitable is probably better. :D

The_Philster
10-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Groin injuries tend to be long-lived, re-occuring time and time again if rushed. Just my non-medical opinion.

That's true. Bryce Paup went down with a groin injury while he was here and was never the same player.

helmetguy
10-08-2003, 07:33 PM
A. Reed had one a few years ago, and he missed something like ten games with it. He wasn't happy, and the fans and press thought he was jaking it. I think he was unhappy with his contract at the time, too. I'll defer to Billsology for the details on this one, though.

The_Philster
10-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
A. Reed had one a few years ago, and he missed something like ten games with it. He wasn't happy, and the fans and press thought he was jaking it. I think he was unhappy with his contract at the time, too. I'll defer to Billsology for the details on this one, though.

Wasn't that a sprained ACL or something though? I know he suffered it on a sideline catch against the Jets.

Historian
10-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
injuries are part of the game.someone will have to step up.

This is it, exactly! Other players will have to step up and make plays. I think when you have players who are all-world talents, like a Moulds or a Barry Sanders (in his day) some of the other players don't prepare as hard as they should. Now the pressure is really on them.

Historian
10-09-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

I believe the injury you are referring to HG, was against the Jets on October 8, 1995. (Ironically) Andre actually tore the hamstring muscle off the bone, and had to have it surgically reattached. He came back for the final game of the season, but wasn't the same until he had an entire offseason to rehab it. A jet player tackled him on the sideline, and rolled over his back, forcing his head into his lap. (Try it, it really tugs at the old hamstrings!)

At the end of the season his contract was up, and due to the injury, no one even gave him a look. He was POed and showed it with a 60 yard TD against the Giants in the 1996 opener in NY (an night game on either ESPN or TNT) After he scored he ripped his helmet off and started barkin at the camera that he was back with a vengence.

I don't think thats what Moulds problem is. His is nowhere near as severe thankfully.

Buffatexas
10-09-2003, 06:17 AM
I think this is a prime example of where we can "pull the wool" over the eyes of the Jets defense....they probably spent a lot of time on preparing for Moulds, and if he is out, then what?....Prepare to stop Shaw, Reed, Coleman, Brown???....think about it, Shaw is a cast off from Pitt, Reed is inconsistent, Coleman and Brown, both unknown in their WR abilities, Put Shaw and Reed and Brown in the slot and have Coleman come in in place of Reed/Brown when necessary. The Jets won't know what to do