PDA

View Full Version : Bills/Skins Game pushed back until 4:15

Pride
10-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Anyone else get this message from Vcoach?

Valerie
10-08-2003, 10:22 AM
It's also on the official Bills website...something about Fox TV scheduling. My dad and I were driving back after the game on Sunday. I can't see us driving 7 hours at 8pm. Damn it! We're already driving back after Sunday's game against the Jets.

IHateTheDullphins
10-08-2003, 10:37 AM
that's strange........

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm glad.

The Natrix
10-08-2003, 11:15 AM
me too

oh, no, you have to go to work Monday with a little less sleep. Pound a red Bull and suck it up.

Valerie
10-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun I'm glad.
Why? I have to waste a vacation day on the freaking Skins! I could just as well stay home and watch the game on TV. I'm pissed!:mad:

lordofgun
That means we get to watch the better 1 o'clock games on Sunday Ticket before the Bills game. :up:

The rest of the 4 O'clock games that week suck.

Judge
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
that's strange........

It's happened before. Big flippin' deal.

Mr. Miyagi
I wonder why.

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Why? I have to waste a vacation day on the freaking Skins! I could just as well stay home and watch the game on TV. I'm pissed!:mad:

Sell your tix on Ebay. No biggie. You'll make more than you paid more than likely.

fushetti
10-08-2003, 11:18 AM
i like it.

SABURZFAN
10-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I'm glad.

me too.i can go out drinking after work and still have time to wake up for the BILLS game.

SABURZFAN
10-08-2003, 11:35 AM

:violin:

G. Host
10-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Some people have already bought airplane tickets months ahead of time leaving that night! And how about those fans on Bills Express train?

NFL is going to lose fans who have to choose to either not go to game or pay extra to change unrefundable tickets.

Valerie
10-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN :violin:
Bite Me!

Originally posted by G. Host Some people have already bought airplane tickets months ahead of time leaving that night! And how about those fans on Bills Express train?

NFL is going to lose fans who have to choose to either not go to game or pay extra to change unrefundable tickets.
Exactly, Glenn! Thankfully my dad and I aren't flying this time. If we were, we'd be screwed! I don't think that preset game times should be screwed with. Out of towners make plans months in advance! The lady I spoke with at the Sheraton had no clue the game time had been changed. I had to book another night.

Historian
10-08-2003, 12:00 PM
That means we get to watch the better 1 o'clock games on Sunday Ticket before the Bills game. :up:

The rest of the 4 O'clock games that week suck.

Not to mention this one is in high definition!

Michael82
10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
Some people have already bought airplane tickets months ahead of time leaving that night! And how about those fans on Bills Express train?

Not to mention people that have to work on Sunday night and now have to find some way to change it. :madcurse:

This really pisses me off!!!!

eyedog
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Not to mention people that have to work on Sunday night and now have to find some way to change it. :madcurse:

This really pisses me off!!!!

Quit your job and go get drunk after the game, and before for that matter. I like 4:00 starts. Party your a** off, roll out of the sack Monday morning and drag your a** through the day. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

Michael82
10-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
Quit your job and go get drunk after the game, and before for that matter. I like 4:00 starts. Party your a** off, roll out of the sack Monday morning and drag your a** through the day. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

I don't mind 4:00 starts...but not when I already have everything planned and the :angry:ing NFL springs it on me less than 2 weeks before the damn game!!! :madcurse:

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I don't mind 4:00 starts...but not when I already have everything planned and the :angry:ing NFL springs it on me less than 2 weeks before the damn game!!! :madcurse:

Like he said, quit your job. You're gonna be living at your parents' house for the rest of your life anyway. It's not like you have any bills to pay. :D

Dozerdog
10-08-2003, 01:00 PM
I can't go now.

This blows. I have to catch a flight to San Fran Monday morning.

I guess Mad Bomber has tickets now!

Valerie
10-08-2003, 01:03 PM
See, this time change is screwing a lot of people up!

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 01:04 PM
See, this time change is screwing a lot of people up!

I think people should have expected this. I mean, it was pretty obvious they were going to do this.

Michael82
10-08-2003, 01:07 PM
I think people should have expected this. I mean, it was pretty obvious they were going to do this.

well then....WHY the :angry: didn't they do this weeks ago? :rolleyes: :mad:

Valerie
10-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun I think people should have expected this. I mean, it was pretty obvious they were going to do this.
How was it obvious they were going to do this? I must've missed something.

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Yep. You missed it. I knew they were going to do this weeks ago.

Demon
10-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
me too

oh, no, you have to go to work Monday with a little less sleep. Pound a red Bull and suck it up.

I agree. Being the top game at 4pm means most of the country will watch us, the more exposure the better. Bills fans need to stop their whinning, we need to get a home Sunday or Monday night game, some people will whine and not go, but others would and the place would be packed.

Michael82
10-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Demon
I agree. Being the top game at 4pm means most of the country will watch us, the more exposure the better. Bills fans need to stop their whinning, we need to get a home Sunday or Monday night game, some people will whine and not go, but others would and the place would be packed.

But you don't understand. People plan for these games weeks and months ahead. When the time changes, it makes it harder on the fans. If they announced this a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have been as mad...but now I and other people have to try to find some way to dump my shift for Sunday night-Monday morning. :rolleyes:

CajunBillsBacker
10-08-2003, 02:00 PM
I like it, with the way my work schedule goes, i'll be home in time to watch the game, unlike the old time where I would be walking in my door at the start of the 4th quarter.
If you guys don't want to go, please give up your tickets to someone else who wants to go, I would hate to tune in my TV to the game and see the Ralph half empty for a sold out game.

The Natrix
10-08-2003, 02:03 PM
:violin:

The Natrix
10-08-2003, 02:05 PM
I am also excepting free tickets if you can't go.

TedMock
10-08-2003, 02:06 PM
just changed my flight back home to Monday morning instead. I'll get to work an hour or so late but it's well worth it.

northernbillfan
10-08-2003, 02:20 PM
The NFL changs game times every year. Whats the big deal. So some of you have to use a vac day or switch shifts, or get to work late. Boo Frikkin Hoo.

It's not like they are moving this Sundays game. at least you still have time to make adjustments. And isn't that what footballs all about, making adjustments to what's going on on the field?

Valerie
10-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Stupid baseball is screwing things up!

My dad is happy about the change! He wants to party before and after the game now. lol

LtBillsFan66
10-08-2003, 02:47 PM
I like it. I don't have to wake up early.

The_Philster
10-08-2003, 03:30 PM
More time for tailgating is good but I agree they should have given more notice just for out-of-towners. For me, it just means I'll have to miss Sunday Night Football.

Valerie
10-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Is there going to be a Saturday night get together the night before the game? I know a few people are coming in from out of town and I was wondering if we were going to try and get together.
:feedback:

JSP™
10-08-2003, 05:12 PM
can you tell me why my attempt at using the [img] tag in my signature line ain't working?

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by JSP™
can you tell me why my attempt at using the [img] tag in my signature line ain't working?

Add http:// in front of the web addy.

kardshark19
10-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Oh well...the drive home Sunday night back to Maryland will suck, but at least I have more time to drink before the game. What's up with the Ralph ceasing to server alcohol at half-time???

Valerie
10-08-2003, 08:17 PM
You're driving from Maryland too, BillsBoy? Where are you in Maryland? You're really going to drive home after the game?

kardshark19
10-08-2003, 08:23 PM
I live in College Park. Yeah, I have no choice. I don't work until Monday night, but my brother has to open up the place he works, and couldn't take off three days. So we are going to drive up on Saturday morning, and come back Sunday night. Damn NFL! Maybe if they told us a month ago my brother could've made arrangements, but not this soon.

kardshark19
10-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Where in MD do you live Jaded?

BAM
10-08-2003, 08:37 PM
I think this is awesome that it's at 4:15 now. I can sleep my hangover off a little bit more now.

I still have an extra ticket for this game BTW. If you're interested email me at bradamiller@earthlink.net

GO BILLS!

mackey789
10-08-2003, 10:41 PM
People need to suck it up for a day on Monday. You will all be a little tired, a lot hungover, but even more happy that your hangover from saturday night will be somewhat gone so you can get going on sunday. That place is gonna be crazy sunday night and i cant wait. Suck it up and go nuts, its only a couple times a year, im sure your bosses will understand.

BillsFever
10-08-2003, 11:03 PM
I love the time change. I won't have to get up till 9am now.

Ð
10-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Jaded, why don't you ride the bus with the Redskins wackos.
I'm sure you'd look good in a headdress & warpaint...

Cntrygal
10-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Considering I get up at 2AM on Monday to listen to a radio link, for the 1pm Sunday game. I think I sacrifice quite a bit. This sucks. Because I'll already be AT work. :( It all depends on what is going on, if I'll be able to park myself in the break room. Taking the day off isn't an option for me that week. (sigh) We had BETTER #$^%&&^ win.

doug45
10-09-2003, 07:01 AM
I don't like the time change. For one thing it is a matter of trust. When you are sold something it should not change. Many people have to make plans far in advance to attend a game. If they are going to cahnge a game time they should have to noitify every season ticket holder and let them know. If you are watching it on the tube it may not be a big deal but if you are going it is. Sunday is going to be rain and crummy weather and now you have to drive home in the dark as well.

Valerie
10-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Ð Jaded, why don't you ride the bus with the Redskins wackos. I'm sure you'd look good in a headdress & warpaint...
You know, I actually thought about that. Not riding with the freaking Skins fans, but the freaking Skins team. lol I'm sure Rob would just love to have me sitting next to him. :D

Originally posted by BillsBoy Where in MD do you live Jaded?
I live in Gaithersburg. We should meet up to watch a game at the Bills bar in Falls Church (Greveys). I used to go there all the time to watch the games but I haven't been this year. I'd love to meet you and your brother and whoever else there. Just let me know when and I'll make the reservations. :)

G. Host
10-09-2003, 08:40 AM
May I recommend Jimmy's Old Town Tavern (http://www.jimmystavern.com/)?

You do not need no reservations to get a table!

I wonder how all of the bus companies who are planning on sendiing buses to game are dealing with change?

Friggin' :mad:
Obnoxious :mad:
Xcretement! :mad:

doug45
10-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by doug45
I don't like the time change. For one thing it is a matter of trust. When you are sold something it should not change. Many people have to make plans far in advance to attend a game. If they are going to cahnge a game time they should have to noitify every season ticket holder and let them know. If you are watching it on the tube it may not be a big deal but if you are going it is. Sunday is going to be rain and crummy weather and now you have to drive home in the dark as well.

I have to give the bills credit they did call me today to say the game time was changed.

The_Philster
10-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by doug45
I have to give the bills credit they did call me today to say the game time was changed.

Me too. I usually just get garbage as far as messages on my landline phone. I was shocked to get that phone call, but in a good way. :up:

BillsFever
10-09-2003, 07:20 PM
My call came from Brian Moorman.

Valerie
10-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Are you guys being serious? The Bills players are calling you to tell you about the time change? How and why?

The_Philster
10-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Are you guys being serious? The Bills players are calling you to tell you about the time change? How and why?

I don't remember the name of who it was, but yes, the Bills called the season ticket holders to make sure we were informed.

BillsFever
10-09-2003, 07:37 PM

It was probably a recording. I listened to mine on my voice mail.