PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Willis McGahee...

elltrain22
10-08-2003, 10:56 AM
:dj:

Just wanted to post a couple predictions on what will happen when Willis McGahee returns to play for the Bills.
Please give some of your predictions as well.

1. Willis will play this season
2. first game will in week 9 versus Dallas
3. he will average at least 4 ypc
4. he won't get more than 10 carries a game
5. Travis will be very pissed
6. his best game will be against the Tennesee Titans, and he will rush for 50-60 yards.
7. more than anything else, he will provide Bills fans a sense of hope, that our running game will be taken to the next level.

maybe i am streching a bit ( or a lot ), but I am a McGahee fan. And the possibilites here are endless. IF Travis gets mad, trade him for a DE.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
:dj:

Just wanted to post a couple predictions on what will happen when Willis McGahee returns to play for the Bills.
Please give some of your predictions as well.

1. Willis will play this season
2. first game will in week 9 versus Dallas
3. he will average at least 4 ypc
4. he won't get more than 10 carries a game
5. Travis will be very pissed
6. his best game will be against the Tennesee Titans, and he will rush for 50-60 yards.
7. more than anything else, he will provide Bills fans a sense of hope, that our running game will be taken to the next level.

maybe i am streching a bit ( or a lot ), but I am a McGahee fan. Ind the possibilites here are endless. IF Travis gets mad, trade him for a DE.

I'm pleased that it seems that the re-hab is going well. Still, I'd be surprised if he sees action this year.

DraftBoy
10-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Unless Henry kicks out a 100 yard game here pretty soon I wouldnt be surprised to see Willis get some carries this season. We have the same line as last year and he isnt gaining nearly as much and we complained about the piss poor OL last year so Im not gonna blame them for him not getting it done this year.

RedEyE
10-08-2003, 11:15 AM
I just read that although he has been cleared by his physicians, he is only about 90 to 92 % recovered, and he has to be cleared by the Bills team doctor as well. Once cleared by the Bills he'll need a few weeks practice and the Bills do not have to activate him for 3 weeks after he clears the PUP list.

So, I perdict that we will not see McGahee until November against Houston at home. He will be 100% by then (no sense rushing him back and chance reinjuring his knee). He might see the ball a couple times in the game against the Texans. Depending on how well he runs the ball will determine how many times he will carry it the remainder of the season.

lordofgun
10-08-2003, 11:18 AM
I still don't think he'll play this year. It just doesn't seem possible.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I still don't think he'll play this year. It just doesn't seem possible.

Yep I think so too. A 1st round pick is a substantial NFL business investment. Rushing the guy into action, I suppose, has some sort of PR value, and maybe on-field value but it would be major egg-on-face and a self-inflicted waste of a #1 if the guy got ruined.

I don't think the Bills would do that; they have a well-deserved reputation as an astute business organization.

Plus - and I sure don't know - there might be some cap and/or salary implication if he suits up this year :idunno:

Tatonka
10-08-2003, 01:30 PM
edge came back to early ... he will never be the same running back again..

i hate to see willis do the same.

Drewpac
10-08-2003, 01:55 PM
There is no way I would put him on the field this year. It takes almost two years for a RB to fully recover from the type of injury that McGahee suffered. I really hope they wait until training camp to unleash Willis.

HenryRules
10-08-2003, 02:08 PM
I always find it funny ...

It takes 7+ years or so of school to become a doctor, yet every casual sports fan feels they know more.

Leave the determination of when McGahee plays to the experts. If they say he's ready, he's ready.

TedMock
10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I always find it funny ...

It takes 7+ years or so of school to become a doctor, yet every casual sports fan feels they know more.

Leave the determination of when McGahee plays to the experts. If they say he's ready, he's ready.

Agreed. If he's not 100% then by no means should he be out there. If he's 100% and is able to "get his legs back" with a week or two of practice then why not give him a little spot duty?

HenryRules
10-08-2003, 02:29 PM
As to my predictions regarding what happens when McGahee comes back:

1 - The team finally averages around 30 carries a game. Gilbride has shown that he does not trust our current crop of backup RBs at all. I still believe this (and the lack of our OL opening holes in the first 2 games) is the reason that we do not run the ball right now. Last year, I feel it was purely because Gilbride did not trust our backup RBs as Henry was in the top 5 in carries.

2 - Henry relaxes when McGahee comes back and starts to pick things up. With the hype that McGahee has gotten, Henry must feel as though the guy is going to be the next Jim Brown. Once he realizes that McGahee is good, but can't do anything when our OL isn't opening holes, he'll relax and play his normal style.

3 - McGahee gets about 7 or 8 carries a game (see #1) and averages about 3.5 ypc - our OL just doesn't seem capable of opening holes this year.

4 - The Bills fans backlash against McGahee for not being able to walk on water and not being able to gain yards when there's no hole. The shouting cry next offseason is trade both our RB's so that finally we can get someone who is a decent RB.

stuckincincy
10-08-2003, 02:30 PM
On second (devious) thought. Activate him in game 16, and let 'em run a few. Potential trade bait for the '04 draft. (pile on me if ya like). RB's are great but QB's are better...or 'Cane Gore.

HenryRules
10-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
On second (devious) thought. Activate him in game 16, and let 'em run a few. Potential trade bait for the '04 draft. (pile on me if ya like). RB's are great but QB's are better...or 'Cane Gore.

I'm almost positive we can't wait that long.

HenryRules
10-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Btw, Dr. John Uribe and the Hurricanes have just as much riding on McGahee not coming back too soon as the Bills do so do not take his medical with a grain of salt because it wasn't done with the Bills doctors.

Do you really think that RB's will not start thinking twice about playing in Miami if their team doctor's advice to McGahee wasresponsible for McGahee ending his career?

And if that were the case, do you think the Canes would continue to employ Dr. John Uribe much longer?

Finally, Uribe is one of the most respected surgeons in the United States (and the world), do you think he would risk that reputation for nothing? (really, what does he care if McGahee plays this year instead of next?)

ryven
10-08-2003, 02:55 PM
We dont want gore he is for the rest of the season. he has a nasty injury bug.

stuckincincy
10-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by ryven
We dont want gore he is for the rest of the season. he has a nasty injury bug.

Didn't realize that.

colin
10-09-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Uribe is one of the most respected surgeons in the United States (and the world), do you think he would risk that reputation for nothing?

Yes.
Yes I do.

Brian Griese Rulz
10-09-2003, 08:21 AM
I think it depends on the Bills record when McGahee plays. If the Bills go 4-0 and are 7-2 over the next 4 weeks, I see no rush in bringing McGahee in.

If we go 2-2 and are 5-4 after week 9, I see McGahee playing soon.