PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Doubtful for Sunday

STAMPY
10-08-2003, 01:44 PM
NO TIMETABLE FOR WR'S RETURN

Associated Press
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds has a strained groin and is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Jets.

Coach Gregg Williams wouldn't put a timetable on Moulds' recovery Wednesday.

Moulds was hurt during the winning drive in Buffalo's 22-16 overtime win against Cincinnati last weekend. After coming down with a catch, Moulds was tackled by Kevin Kaesviharn and tumbled awkwardly along the sideline.

The Bills (3-2) hardly can afford to lose Moulds, second in the AFC with 457 yards receiving. Last season, he set a franchise record with 100 catches and finished fourth in the NFL with 1,292 yards receiving.

Other Buffalo receivers have struggled, particularly Josh Reed, who has dropped several easy passes.

Without Moulds, the Bills would have to elevate two untested rookies: undrafted free agent Clarence Coleman, fourth-round pick Sam Aiken. Coleman doesn't have a catch this season, Aiken has been inactive.

STAMPY
10-08-2003, 01:45 PM
that's some scary ****... i still think we can win if we run the ball

njsue
10-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Moulds out. Someone else has to step up and make big plays.
Josh Reed perhaps.:firehead:

Michael82
10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by njsue
Moulds out. Someone else has to step up and make big plays.
Josh Reed perhaps.:firehead:

That's what I'm thinking. This would be perfect if Josh Reed woke up and came out of his slump with a nice 100 yard, 1 TD game. :D

STAMPY
10-08-2003, 02:50 PM
we have an opportunity to try out antonio brown now... lets use his speed and see how he does

OpIv37
10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
that's some scary ****... i still think we can win if we run the ball

That's a pretty big "if" but you're right- it's our only chance. With the passing game and our D this year, we'd be 16-0 if we could just run for 75 yards a game.