• Show
Clear All
  • Jack In Syracuse
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills To Hold Annual Food Drive

Donations will be accepted at the Sept. 29 Bears game

buffalobills.com
    Sept. 26, 2002

The Buffalo Bills will host the annual Fan Food Drive prior to the September 29 game against the Chicago Bears. All donations will benefit the Food Bank of WNY.

Monetary donations and non-perishable food items will be collected at all gates by Food Bank volunteers and Bills' wives and girlfriends. Collection points will be outside every gate at the stadium.

Visualize Ralph Wilson Stadium with a capacity crowd - that's the number of those less fortunate individuals the Food Bank feeds monthly through its 472 member agencies. Every 10.5 pounds of food donated will help the Food bank feed a family a day. Since food now has a retail value of an average of $2.00 per pound, every $1.47 contributed will, in reality, help the Food Bank distribute $21.00 worth of food to its agencies.

The past four years of Buffalo Bills' food drives have collected approximately two tons of product and $25,000.

Food Bank Facts:

The Food Bank distributes enough food to prepare 926,000 meals per month.

Of the 91,000 people served monthly, 36,000 are children and 12,000 are seniors.

The Food Bank served 472 charitable agencies in Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Eric and Niagara Counties.

Article on BuffaloBills.com

• Creemoredrinker
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2002

Good Work Jack

How long can a can of spam last by the way? I have 5 cans hanging around for 5 years and I do NOT know whether I should bring them to the game on Sunday or mail them to Miami in the hopes of killing a dead fish fan.

Comment

• Jack In Syracuse
      • Jul 2002

According to the Canned Food Alliance "The general rule of thumb is that canned goods have a shelf life of at least two years from the date of purchase. It is recommended that all canned foods be stored in moderate temperatures (75° F and below). "

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
        Senior Zoner
        • Sep 2002

Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

Originally posted by Jack In Syracuse
        According to the Canned Food Alliance "The general rule of thumb is that canned goods have a shelf life of at least two years from the date of purchase. It is recommended that all canned foods be stored in moderate temperatures (75° F and below). "

I think you are spending too much time on The Wall and it is effecting your brain. Do your health a good turn and stay over here.

Comment

• Jul 2002

Re: Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

I think you are spending too much time on The Wall and it is effecting your brain. Do your health a good turn and stay over here.
          He worries everyone but he's such a nice guy

Quit knocking the Wall

that's right you like pain
          Somedays I just need a HUG

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
            Senior Zoner
            • Sep 2002

Let's Co-ordinate This

I want to thank Jack for reminding us all about the food drive, but I think we better co-ordinate this otherwise these people will end up eating a mess. I am bringing:
            (a) A can of Campbell's Ready to Serve Fiesta Vegetable Soup;
            (b) A can of Unico Chick Peas; and
            (c) A can of Habitant Garden Style Vegetable Soup.

Can someone please consult their recipe books and tell every one else what to bring that will go well with the above items?

Thanks.

Q: Creemoredrinker, is nothing sacred to you?

A: NO!!

Comment

• Jack In Syracuse
              • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

Originally posted by #89

He worries everyone but he's such a nice guy
              I just take things one day at a time lately. And also, I got your stuff tonight. I'll meet you in the alley behind Tops Friendly Markets, an offical sponser of the Buffalo Bills, to give it to you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

just think,they won't have to hide all of the food from j.nails,fathead phillips,and c.mauch.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

A worthy cause, but let me urge you all not to limit your generosity to one football game per year. Most our your communities have food pantries and in tough economic times these pantries can have a tough time keeping up with demand. Having had direct experience working with a pantry, I know there are some people that make you think, "It's his own fault," but many others are caught up in circumstances that are beyond their ability to control. Even when a person seems to have brought his/her misfortune on him/herself there are usually children involved who are the ultimate victims. Find out who runs the pantry in your community and where to donate. When you find a two for one special in the local store pick something up for the pantry. You'll feel good. If you have the time, volunteer to help out. You'll feel even better.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Gret points Tiger!
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Jul 2002

Re: Re: Re: Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

Originally posted by Jack In Syracuse

I got your stuff tonight. I'll meet you in the alley behind Friendly , to give it to you.

You are too good to me. But you know I'm worth it. Right Jack? Jack? Can you hear me now? JACK
                      Somedays I just need a HUG

Comment

• Jack In Syracuse
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

Originally posted by #89

Right Jack? Jack? Can you hear me now JACK

Oh, sorry, I was sleeping.

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Sep 2002

I'm Still Waiting for Some Leadership Here

I want to thank Jack for reminding us all about the food drive, but I think we better co-ordinate this otherwise these people will end up eating a mess. I am bringing:
                          (a) A can of Campbell's Ready to Serve Fiesta Vegetable Soup;
                          (b) A can of Unico Chick Peas; and
                          (c) A can of Habitant Garden Style Vegetable Soup.

Can someone please consult their recipe books and tell every one else what to bring that will go well with the above items?

Thanks.

And please don't tell me to do it. I have already got everything ready for Sunday's tailgate, cooked Octoberfest sausages and saurkraut for three hungry kids and made 30 huge cabbage rolls for next week. A man's job is never done...

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                            • Jul 2002

Re: Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

I agree, I like Jack, I think he should visit the Zone more often.

Comment

• Jack In Syracuse
                              • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Jack You're Starting to Worry Me

Originally posted by Sabre Ally

I agree, I like Jack, I think he should visit the Zone more often.
                              I lurk alot more than I post.

You never know where I'll pop up.

Comment

Working...
                              X