PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills To Hold Annual Food Drive

Jack In Syracuse
09-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Donations will be accepted at the Sept. 29 Bears game

buffalobills.com
Sept. 26, 2002

The Buffalo Bills will host the annual Fan Food Drive prior to the September 29 game against the Chicago Bears. All donations will benefit the Food Bank of WNY.

Monetary donations and non-perishable food items will be collected at all gates by Food Bank volunteers and Bills' wives and girlfriends. Collection points will be outside every gate at the stadium.

Visualize Ralph Wilson Stadium with a capacity crowd - that's the number of those less fortunate individuals the Food Bank feeds monthly through its 472 member agencies. Every 10.5 pounds of food donated will help the Food bank feed a family a day. Since food now has a retail value of an average of $2.00 per pound, every $1.47 contributed will, in reality, help the Food Bank distribute $21.00 worth of food to its agencies.

The past four years of Buffalo Bills' food drives have collected approximately two tons of product and $25,000.

Food Bank Facts:

The Food Bank distributes enough food to prepare 926,000 meals per month.

Of the 91,000 people served monthly, 36,000 are children and 12,000 are seniors.

The Food Bank served 472 charitable agencies in Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Eric and Niagara Counties.

Article on BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/community/index.cfm?cont_id=132380)
:help:

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 11:34 AM
:spam:

How long can a can of spam last by the way? I have 5 cans hanging around for 5 years and I do NOT know whether I should bring them to the game on Sunday or mail them to Miami in the hopes of killing a dead fish fan.
:bling:

Jack In Syracuse
09-26-2002, 11:48 AM
According to the Canned Food Alliance (http://www.mealtime.org/about/shelflife.html) "The general rule of thumb is that canned goods have a shelf life of at least two years from the date of purchase. It is recommended that all canned foods be stored in moderate temperatures (75° F and below). "

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Jack In Syracuse
According to the Canned Food Alliance (http://www.mealtime.org/about/shelflife.html) "The general rule of thumb is that canned goods have a shelf life of at least two years from the date of purchase. It is recommended that all canned foods be stored in moderate temperatures (75° F and below). "

:injured:

I think you are spending too much time on The Wall and it is effecting your brain. Do your health a good turn and stay over here.

09-27-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

I think you are spending too much time on The Wall and it is effecting your brain. Do your health a good turn and stay over here.

He worries everyone but he's such a nice guy:10:

Quit knocking the Wall:spanku: :earpoke:

that's right you like pain:nana:

Creemoredrinker
09-27-2002, 02:42 PM
I want to thank Jack for reminding us all about the food drive, but I think we better co-ordinate this otherwise these people will end up eating a mess. I am bringing:
(a) A can of Campbell's Ready to Serve Fiesta Vegetable Soup;
(b) A can of Unico Chick Peas; and
(c) A can of Habitant Garden Style Vegetable Soup.

Can someone please consult their recipe books and tell every one else what to bring that will go well with the above items?

Thanks.

Q: Creemoredrinker, is nothing sacred to you?

A: NO!!

Jack In Syracuse
09-27-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by #89

He worries everyone but he's such a nice guy:10:

I just take things one day at a time lately. And also, I got your stuff tonight. I'll meet you in the alley behind Tops Friendly Markets, an offical sponser of the Buffalo Bills, to give it to you.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2002, 06:22 PM
just think,they won't have to hide all of the food from j.nails,fathead phillips,and c.mauch.

TigerJ
09-27-2002, 06:41 PM
A worthy cause, but let me urge you all not to limit your generosity to one football game per year. Most our your communities have food pantries and in tough economic times these pantries can have a tough time keeping up with demand. Having had direct experience working with a pantry, I know there are some people that make you think, "It's his own fault," but many others are caught up in circumstances that are beyond their ability to control. Even when a person seems to have brought his/her misfortune on him/herself there are usually children involved who are the ultimate victims. Find out who runs the pantry in your community and where to donate. When you find a two for one special in the local store pick something up for the pantry. You'll feel good. If you have the time, volunteer to help out. You'll feel even better.

Bufftp
09-27-2002, 06:58 PM
Gret points Tiger!

09-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Jack In Syracuse

I got your stuff tonight. I'll meet you in the alley behind Friendly , to give it to you.
:spit: :coocoo:

You are too good to me. But you know I'm worth it. Right Jack? Jack? Can you hear me now?:dj: JACK :earpoke:

Jack In Syracuse
09-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by #89

Right Jack? Jack? Can you hear me now JACK :earpoke:

:z:

Oh, sorry, I was sleeping.

Creemoredrinker
09-27-2002, 09:14 PM
I want to thank Jack for reminding us all about the food drive, but I think we better co-ordinate this otherwise these people will end up eating a mess. I am bringing:
(a) A can of Campbell's Ready to Serve Fiesta Vegetable Soup;
(b) A can of Unico Chick Peas; and
(c) A can of Habitant Garden Style Vegetable Soup.

Can someone please consult their recipe books and tell every one else what to bring that will go well with the above items?

Thanks.

:mounty:

And please don't tell me to do it. I have already got everything ready for Sunday's tailgate, cooked Octoberfest sausages and saurkraut for three hungry kids and made 30 huge cabbage rolls for next week. A man's job is never done... :wave:

Sabre Ally
09-29-2002, 12:36 AM

I agree, I like Jack, I think he should visit the Zone more often. :up:

Jack In Syracuse
09-29-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

I agree, I like Jack, I think he should visit the Zone more often. :up:

I lurk alot more than I post.

:couch:

You never know where I'll pop up.

JefftheBillsfan
09-29-2002, 10:22 AM
I love hearing about these types of things!

Jack In Syracuse
09-29-2002, 09:32 PM
We had a good turnout. I haven't heard exact numbers yet, but it should be right up there with previous years.

And even if you couldn't donate/weren't there today, follow TigerJ's suggestion and find other ways to donate throughout the year.