X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Abdullah charged with DUI, hospitalized

Bears running back Rabih Abdullah remains hospitalized with a concussion and has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after two separate accidents on the Edens Expy. on Tuesday morning -- the first a hit-and-run.

Abdullah, 28, struck a guardrail and rolled his 1999 Infiniti QX4 sport utility vehicle down an embankment while heading northbound near Tower Road in Winnetka at 6:07 a.m. Illinois state trooper Angelo Mollo said Abdullah was in stable condition at Evanston Hospital on Tuesday -- a day off for the players -- and the Bears said he is believed to be free of additional injuries.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Contrite Abdullah ready to face music

A day after being lucky to walk away from his totaled Infiniti sport utility vehicle with just a concussion, Rabih Abdullah showed up at Halas Hall after practice Wednesday.

The running back faces charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and fleeing the scene of an accident for separate incidents on the Edens Expy. in the predawn hours Tuesday. The Bears' public-relations department made a to-do about trotting out Abdullah in front of the media, but he said little and refused to take questions, even ones regarding his head injury.

"I would just like to apologize to my teammates, my coaches, my family, my wife,'' said Abdullah, who was released from Evanston Hospital after staying overnight for observation. "I just take full responsibility for any repercussions from this. I know what it takes to win in the NFL. I don't want to distract my teammates or hinder them in any way. And I'd just like to apologize to everyone involved.''

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
    X