PDA

View Full Version : Lotsa Talk about ...

WG
09-26-2002, 11:41 AM
...the Bears game being tough.

What do y'all think?

I don't think any game is a gimme. But this is a pure matchup game.

They have the horses, or perhaps "horse", at RB, while we have no means of stopping that.

Meanwhile, the Bear front 7 is very, very good. But they simply don't have the DBs to match Moulds, Price, Reed, JR, etc. They'll be outmatched at every single position.

There are only two ways that this turns into a game IMO.

A. If Thomas is allowed to run like a starving man thru a restaurant unfettered.

and/or;

B. If we don't get good enough protection to give Drew the time to get the ball to our WRs.

Let's face it, once the ball's in the air, even if the toss isn't perfect, the advantage goes to us.

A lot will hinge on the play of the OL. This sure would be a good game for Henry, the team, to find it's running game. 80-100 yards of rushing would be just enough to keep this D off balance to win easily IMO.

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 11:44 AM
I really dont know why people over look the bears...I myself overlooked them in the beggening of the season....And I still have to say they are not as good as lat year....But I still think they have enough to beat the bills.

Ebenezer
09-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Close game...Bills can move on O but need to prove they can shut somebody down...I don't see that happening this week. A. Thomas could have a field day. Although last week the Bears would not have been up 20-0 had it not been for the ineptness of the NO offense in the first half. Which Bears team will show up??

Bills 31
Bears 27

vabillsfan
09-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey Fin - tell us more. Seriously. What do they have that can beat us? Wys put some good thoughts out there - what do you know about the Bears that will beat our Bills? Give us some substance man!

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 11:47 AM
:10:

The Bears would have to run wild to beat us. I don't think they can blitz or otherwise hamper our passing game though.

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by vabillsfan
Hey Fin - tell us more. Seriously. What do they have that can beat us? Wys put some good thoughts out there - what do you know about the Bears that will beat our Bills? Give us some substance man!

:rock:

Just put the Ignore function on and rate every one of his posts with disapproval. Don't bother responding to his posts. He types with his forehead.

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by vabillsfan

Its called defense, bro....I dont know if you ever heard of it, since the bills dont have one.:)

Ð
09-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Hey, you don't play defence on reputation...you gotta put it out on the field. The Bears haven't done it so far this year.

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker
:10:

The Bears would have to run wild to beat us. I don't think they can blitz or otherwise hamper our passing game though.

Run wild? please your secondary hasnt done anything...heck they have no INTs for crying out loud!....Miller isnt your ideal QB but he can take advantage of a weak secondary....If bledsoe can do it so can Miller.

WG
09-26-2002, 01:45 PM
With what Fin? Their second leading WR is averaging 30 ypg!! You still have to put up some points to win. There's NO WAY that Chicago shuts us down anymore than Denver did.

Hello!

The question of the day is how much will Chicago score!

"He types with his forehead."

LMAO

Miller will buckle in passing situations if we can bring the heat. We can't stop the run, but we do get sacks and pressures. Miller is not the type of QB who will take over a game, ever!

If we can go up by 10 or more by the third Q, then the Bears will have to abandon the run pretty much. That is the situation we want to find ourselves in. Go up early and often. Take advantage of one-on-one matchups when they pressure us on the line. Big plays may finally be our friend on Sunday.

lordofgun
09-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Yopu're exactly right about the question: How much will the Bears be able to score. They're gonna need more than 28 to beat us on Sunday. I don't see it.

LABillsFan
09-28-2002, 09:34 AM
C drinker let me try it. SODI nnjhj[e neoojn''g ksdfgjn .
Wow, it's tough to type with ones forehead.

WG
09-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Not too bad there LA, you got some spaces in at least...

Creemoredrinker
09-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan

:rolleyes:

...you really have no choice.

09-28-2002, 09:48 PM
ihggbuih pgi n'p kj

:chuckle:

Creemoredrinker
09-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by #89
ihggbuih pgi n'p kj

:chuckle:

timfromjersey
09-28-2002, 11:14 PM
I think it will be a tough game. First, I think the bears defese hasn't hit it's stride yet. Don't discount them. They're "Not playing up to expectations" trend isn't going to last. However, I believe that goes for the Bills defense too. Bears offense has been pretty one dimensional without great play from anybody yet. Bills defense should put it's focus into stopping run game and make Miller beat you. YOU KNOW HE'LL GO TO BOOKER! Dbl team him.

I think real key to this game is can Bills run ball, sustain a drive, and keep it's defense off the field. That will go along way towards beating the bears in what will be a tight game.

BillsMan80
09-28-2002, 11:26 PM
It will be a good game, but let's be honest...the Bears seem overmatched offensively. Not to mention that we are on turf, where we can use our speed. And WCoastFin, to be exact, we had one INT called back by a bull**** call against the Jets, and the reason Clements or Winfield have none is because teams are afraid to attack them. They can't intercept a ball on the dumpoffs that teams attack us with.

WG
09-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Put Clements on Booker and double-team him to boot. Just keep Watson on the other side of the field!

The game will be close if the Bears hang w/ their running game. If they don't, it won't be close.

WG
09-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Put Clements on Booker and double-team him to boot. Just keep Watson on the other side of the field!

The game will be close if the Bears hang w/ their running game. If they don't, it won't be close. They won't be able to run in the second half if the game isn't close or they're ahead.

BillsMan80
09-28-2002, 11:41 PM
Ok Wys...stop trying to spam the board and pad your post total:D.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by LABillsFan

hey,that's not bad.