PDA

View Full Version : I just saw an interiew with Drew Bledsoe concerning Josh Reed...

RedEyE
10-08-2003, 05:24 PM
WKBW

Drew stated that he talked to Josh and told him that the ball isn't going to stop coming his way. He has confidence in Josh Reed's abilities and that he has just had a few bad games.

Josh Reed says that he is mentally prepared to play on Sunday. Despite his struggling efforts his teammates and coaches believe that he will make a positive impact on the Bills offense.

Also,

although the team has listed Moulds as doubtful against the Jets, there is still a good chance he may play on Sunday. Clarance Coleman will get the nod as 3rd WR if Eric can't play.

Travis Henry has been pulled of the team injury list and will definitly start Sunday.

Doc
10-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update.

venis2k1
10-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Josh needs to step up this weekend.

The Shadow
10-08-2003, 05:32 PM
That's all well and good, but when you got Clarence Coleman sitting on the sidelines it's time to put up or shutup. I wouldn't hesitate to bump Reed for Coleman in the second half if Josh continues his lackadazical ways this Sunday.

RedEyE
10-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by The Shadow
That's all well and good, but when you got Clarence Coleman sitting on the sidelines it's time to put up or shutup. I wouldn't hesitate to bump Reed for Coleman in the second half if Josh continues his lackadazical ways this Sunday.

I think they should do it next week if Reed continues to "struggle".

elltrain22
10-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Is Sam Aiken going to play at all this year. I know he's a rook but i thought he would grap a couple of catches this year.

BillyGoatGruff
10-08-2003, 05:54 PM
I thnik Josh Reed has had plenty of time to prove himself already. This should be his make or break game.

OpIv37
10-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Two things- of course Bledsoe is going to talk up his #2 receiver when the #1 receiver is injured. What else is he going to say? "Oh, that Reed guy sucks- we're pretty much screwed without Moulds". Not likely.

Second, this is when we find out how bad losing Price hurt us. This receiving core has potential but no experience. If Shaw or Reed want the big bucks, this is the time to make something happen.

RUDEbyallMEANS
10-08-2003, 06:41 PM
If Moulds does not play against the Jets.. How will the Bills score??

OpIv37
10-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Sam Adams can run one back... oh wait, he's injured too

The_Philster
10-08-2003, 08:33 PM
If Reed has another bad game, move Shaw ahead of him.

Tatonka
10-08-2003, 08:43 PM

i was gonna say.. just like people do on your mom.. by making passes.. but that would be against the TOS.. so i wont say that.

LABillzFan
10-08-2003, 08:49 PM

I'll tell you how the Bills will score.

The Jets are giving up a crapload of yards on the ground this year. More than last year. You run the ball. And keep running it. Even if your first two series are three and outs. Just run the ball six straight times. What works for us? Running.

If you want an optimist's view, consider that the Bills give up 14.6 yards a game. It's time for the defense to hold that number to 14 on Sunday. Do that, and we will win the game...with or without Moulds. But we'll need Travis to be the workhorse. Get everyone paying attention to him, and if you do it right, you can throw an unknown like Coleman in the mix...and hope he performs on those few plays you'll need the most.

Finally, Curtis Martin is done. He'll get his yards, but we need to pay attention to Lamont Jordan. Watch him when he's on the field. We can exact the same pressure on Vinny as we did on the Patriots, to a large extent, because you have the wrong quarterback trying to run a West Coast Offense. Cut off the short passes, and focus on Jordan.

I have no idea why so many people are giving this game up. This game is going to come down to execution. The team that executes better will win this game. Something tells me this team is ready to execute.

We get back on track this weekend, and perform well enough to have confidence going into the Washington game.

fabolouspaul
10-09-2003, 12:53 AM
How will the Bills score?? A guy name Travis Henry who has a lot more TD's then Ricky!!

Indy Bills Fan
10-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Henry is prime for a breakout game. This is his chance.

kardshark19
10-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LABillzFan

If you want an optimist's view, consider that the Bills give up 14.6 yards a game. It's time for the defense to hold that number to 14 on Sunday.

HOLY *****! We must have the best defense in history. Don't get greedy with that 0.6 additional yards. If we can't win with that D, we deserve to lose!

:lol:

HenryRules
10-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
If Reed has another bad game, move Shaw ahead of him.

Shaw won't be any better at #2 ... he didn't do anything alongside Jimmy Smith in Jax last year, and Jimmy Smith is one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL IMO.

lordofgun
10-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Is Sam Aiken going to play at all this year. I know he's a rook but i thought he would grap a couple of catches this year.

I doubt they'll even activate Aiken this year barring injuries.

The_Philster
10-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Shaw won't be any better at #2 ... he didn't do anything alongside Jimmy Smith in Jax last year, and Jimmy Smith is one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL IMO.

Shaw's already been better than Reed so far.